Scott Parker

Some interesting recent movements apparently.

Take of course, with a couple of lorry loads of salt.

IMG_7662.jpeg

O'Neil made him look inept and proved him out of his depth, highlighting his lack of strength, character and fortitude to survive in this league. The arrogance and 'In it for himself' attitude oozed out of him. I would be amazed if we saw him recruited by a premier league club. He threw it all away, I wonder how he feels today?

O'Neil made him look inept and proved him out of his depth, highlighting his lack of strength, character and fortitude to survive in this league. The arrogance and 'In it for himself' attitude oozed out of him. I would be amazed if we saw him recruited by a premier league club. He threw it all away, I wonder how he feels today?
I expect he feels the same as when The Chicken out paced him at Fulham and scored.
Blames someone else.

So Gary O’Neil now kept us up with “relative ease”, not much of an accomplishment that.

Or of course, he didn’t, Parker wanted a stronger squad but wasn’t in the loop regarding the takeover. Committed career suicide to talk himself out of a job.

O’Neil took over, recovered the players shattered confidence and gained some good signings.

We then earned enough points to stay up.

I really don’t think Scott Parker should be buried, he achieved promotion to the Premier League on a single season. That’s not to be dismissed, even if Parker 2.0 was a plonker.

I really don’t think Scott Parker should be buried, he achieved promotion to the Premier League on a single season. That’s not to be dismissed, even if Parker 2.0 was a plonker.
That squad was incredible for that league. Lerma cost more than some complete squads. Any average manager would have got it up as Parker proved. Tindall and Woodgate got it into the play offs and both were largely poor managers in football history.

when i read chicken I automatically though of George Lawrence and no shame in him outpacing you. George was well before of courses
Was George that quick? I remember him as a little lumbering.

Interesting as well to think would his nickname be appropriate these days, probably not?

when i read chicken I automatically though of George Lawrence and no shame in him outpacing you. George was well before of course
Still remember that mazy dribble along the right touchline from half way at DC beat three players shaped to pass and then realised he’d left the ball behind when he started his run.

Fooled most of the opposition, half the crowd and the ref.

Ball had rolled out harmlessly at the half way line.

Huddersfield or might have been Barnsley iirc.

That squad was incredible for that league. Lerma cost more than some complete squads. Any average manager would have got it up as Parker proved. Tindall and Woodgate got it into the play offs and both were largely poor managers in football history.

Many other clubs with squads of a similar value have tried and failed to get promoted. Success shouldn’t be taken for granted.

Many other clubs with squads of a similar value have tried and failed to get promoted. Success shouldn’t be taken for granted.
It was the most expensive squad to ever be in the championship at that time (not sure if it’s been eclipsed since) so that’s infeasible.

;