Season Ticket failures

redharry

UTC Legend
Anyone on here have their ST fail to work at the turnstiles ?
My wifes failed to work and she had to go to the ticket office to get a paper ticket. When she got there quite a few others were queuing up with the same problem. They assured her it would be O.K. for the next game but she doesn't trust them very much !! She was not happy at missing the first ten minutes.
How it happened I don't know. Both my ST and hers were paid in full in the same single credit card transaction.

Reactions: DJ
Anyone on here have their ST fail to work at the turnstiles ?
My wifes failed to work and she had to go to the ticket office to get a paper ticket. When she got there quite a few others were queuing up with the same problem. They assured her it would be O.K. for the next game but she doesn't trust them very much !! She was not happy at missing the first ten minutes.
How it happened I don't know. Both my ST and hers were paid in full in the same single credit card transaction.

Didn't the same happen at Arsenal, yesterday? So it's not just Tinpot clubs.

Someone in front of me had this problem getting into the north stand. Maybe it was your wife, Redharry? I tried to help, much to the ire of the bloke behind me.
Glad she got it sorted.

Someone in front of me had this problem getting into the north stand. Maybe it was your wife, Redharry? I tried to help, much to the ire of the bloke behind me.
Glad she got it sorted.
May well have been her, thanks for trying to help. we await the next home game with bated breath !!!!!!

Ted Shed was suitably tinpot too. They had to scan manually and get people in via the emergency exit. They tried to get people to get re-prints initially. Cue mini verbal riot. Quickly realised it was the turnstile and went to plan B. No major delay so we'll done to the stewards.
Not my day with IT yesterday. The Community raffle seller couldn't get his device to read a chaps card in front. I gave up. Bound to have been a winner too.....

The two ST holders that sit next to me in the North Stand had the same issue with their cards. On a slightly different note; why do we still have the most draconian searching of any football ground I've ever been to resulting in those horrendous queues yesterday. There must have been hundreds that missed KO yesterday.

The two ST holders that sit next to me in the North Stand had the same issue with their cards. On a slightly different note; why do we still have the most draconian searching of any football ground I've ever been to resulting in those horrendous queues yesterday. There must have been hundreds that missed KO yesterday.
The searching is totally ridiculous, and has been for a while. 2 separate searches yesterday by 2 different people. 1 with a scanner and the other a pat down. No other ground does this to every single person.

The searching is totally ridiculous, and has been for a while. 2 separate searches yesterday by 2 different people. 1 with a scanner and the other a pat down. No other ground does this to every single person.

Also noticed that for the MS yesterday, but the queue was around the same.

But glanced to my left and the queue for the NS was longer than usual.

I did wonder whether this would be a problem and walked up to the turnstile in some trepidation... but... it worked fine! Hurrah for the ticket office!

I did hear of trouble for others though.

On the searches - yes they did seem to be stepped up a level on enthusiasm and thoroughness (again). Maybe a new season - new stewards or new guidelines?

At this rate come the first game of 2028/29, we'll be waved through airport scanners having put our shoes and belts in boxes, and provided our AFCB approved DBS check reference number.

Except that of the 3 lines going into our gate only the middle row was wanding.

Security is only as good as your weakest point. People swapping lines and were not wanded.

Only once did my season ticket fail to register. That was a couple of years ago, but for some time afterwards I approached the turnstile with a bit of a sinking feeling. As in your wife’s case redharry, it was a hassle having to go to the ticket office.

As for the searching ….. I was wanded yesterday, and the guy asked me if I had my keys in my pocket, but didn’t check when I said yes. Farcical. I always take in snacks and a drink for half-time, but have only once been asked to show what was in my pockets - for which the steward apologised, saying that her boss was monitoring what was happening in the queues. Again, farcical.

Given the queues that are usually in place between being scanned/searched, and the turnstiles, Id say the reason for the long queues are the turnstiles themselves. And I dont just mean yesterday with its problems.
Those carryout searches are often waiting for space to appear behind them before searching/letting through next in line

If I remove coat/ jacket and hold it in my hands they don't look at it. Not only is it over the top it isn't efficient.

There was a lady in front of me, probably well into her 70s, wearing a home shirt. The person felt all around the collar and up the (Short) sleeves. What in earth might she be hiding?

It's the most God awful mess.

A woman got to the front of the search queue only to be told she had to go to a different queue to be searched by a woman. She went to the back of that queue. So men don't search women but women can search men.

;