Sheffield Wednesday.....

Perhaps like us they were fed up of trying to merely stay up in their division season after season without a hope of breaking the glass ceiling. The board thought they had it in the bag for this season with the points deduction but Monk was making inroads into the deficit so they decided to pull the trigger.

Someone like Lee Clark or Karl Robinson would be the ideal candidate to take them down to the promised land of a league 1 promotion campaign

Are manager's salary etc... guaranteed? Or when they let him go, is his contract is over and he is on the dole with the rest of us?

Are manager's salary etc... guaranteed? Or when they let him go, is his contract is over and he is on the dole with the rest of us?

Usually they are on fixed term contracts for between twelve months and four years. So, when a manager is sacked, the likely compensation would be the remaining value of the contract. For example, if the agreed salary was £500,000 and there were 18 months outstanding then the starting point for discussing compensation would be £750,000. (I say starting point because there will be bonuses etc to factor in.)

It is quite common for clubs to include clauses stipulating that compensation will be reduced if he takes a job elsewhere or within a given period of time. Hence why Pochettino was in no rush to take another job straight after leaving Spurs, but is now champing at the bit.

Reactions: OBX
Howe in the mix to take over-though I suppose his name will crop up with every upcoming vacancy until he takes up a new position.

Howe in the mix to take over-though I suppose his name will crop up with every upcoming vacancy until he takes up a new position.
Lol even the Barnsley link had more legs than that!.....absolutely no chance......Derby could be a possibility though if the takeover goes though.

Usually they are on fixed term contracts for between twelve months and four years. So, when a manager is sacked, the likely compensation would be the remaining value of the contract. For example, if the agreed salary was £500,000 and there were 18 months outstanding then the starting point for discussing compensation would be £750,000. (I say starting point because there will be bonuses etc to factor in.)

It is quite common for clubs to include clauses stipulating that compensation will be reduced if he takes a job elsewhere or within a given period of time. Hence why Pochettino was in no rush to take another job straight after leaving Spurs, but is now champing at the bit.

Good stuff, thank you.

not a bad appointment, probably more chance of getting them promoted than most. obviously not the best style of football to go with it.

;