Shirt sponsors

There are between 250 and 650 gambling-related suicides in the UK each year. There are between 430,000 and 1.4 million people currently addicted to gambling in the UK, with those suffering from gambling disorder up to 15 times more likely to take their own lives than members of the general population.

I don't think it's right to promote an industry that causes this much harm on our shirts.

If you agree, please sign.

AFC Bournemouth must cancel its sponsorship deal with gambling company, Dafabet. | 38 Degrees

There are between 250 and 650 gambling-related suicides in the UK each year. There are between 430,000 and 1.4 million people currently addicted to gambling in the UK, with those suffering from gambling disorder up to 15 times more likely to take their own lives than members of the general population.

I don't think it's right to promote an industry that causes this much harm on our shirts.

If you agree, please sign.

AFC Bournemouth must cancel its sponsorship deal with gambling company, Dafabet. | 38 Degrees

100k related to debt in general so any encouragement for spending should be stopped?
Martin: '100,000 attempt debt suicide each year – stop the debt threats' (moneysavingexpert.com)

What about obesity?
  • 62% of the UK population is overweight.
  • This equates to 58% of women and 68% of men.
  • Nearly 25% of adults are classed as obese.
  • 525,000 NHS admissions were obesity related in 2015/2016.
  • The UK has the largest rates of obesity in Europe.
  • Obesity is responsible for 30,000 deaths a year.
  • Only 26% of adults ate the recommended 5-a-day in 2015.
  • There a 7 million cases of diabetes, 6.5 million cases of heart disease and stroke and 500,000 cancer cases linked to obesity.

We advertise and sell junk food, fizzy drinks and booze almost exclusively in all the club outlets. Where's the petition for that?

Advertising, in general, is an absolute state, I'm amazed at the violence and sexual referencing when advertising upcoming tv programmes on Sky when trying to watch live sport.

Everything at the moment when watching the cricket either involves a gun, explosions, prostitutes or creepy children trying to kill everyone.

100k related to debt in general so any encouragement for spending should be stopped?
Martin: '100,000 attempt debt suicide each year – stop the debt threats' (moneysavingexpert.com)

What about obesity?
  • 62% of the UK population is overweight.
  • This equates to 58% of women and 68% of men.
  • Nearly 25% of adults are classed as obese.
  • 525,000 NHS admissions were obesity related in 2015/2016.
  • The UK has the largest rates of obesity in Europe.
  • Obesity is responsible for 30,000 deaths a year.
  • Only 26% of adults ate the recommended 5-a-day in 2015.
  • There a 7 million cases of diabetes, 6.5 million cases of heart disease and stroke and 500,000 cancer cases linked to obesity.

We advertise and sell junk food, fizzy drinks and booze almost exclusively in all the club outlets. Where's the petition for that?
Start one then.

Advertising, in general, is an absolute state, I'm amazed at the violence and sexual referencing when advertising upcoming tv programmes on Sky when trying to watch live sport.

Everything at the moment when watching the cricket either involves a gun, explosions, prostitutes or creepy children trying to kill everyone.

In regards to the prostitutes, are they doing a "Buy one get one free " offer : )

Last edited:
A Game of Football.

To watch....that's what most fans want...we don't need logos on shirts.

I occasionally do a bet...usually on Cup games when you can find a long - odds punt, say Liverpool or Celtic away to a relative minnow, to include in your Accumulator, to raise any potential winnings figure from 100s to thousands etc. A bit of fun with a Fiver .

I won £457 back in 84 with Boscombes win over Manu and 4 other Cup games on the ticket. I don't usually get so lucky as that....

But. ive Never responded to an Advert on a Shirt....you
don't need adverts if you are inclined to fancy a bet....facilities exist in high streets and online.

Last edited:
A Game of Football.

To watch....that's what most fans want...we don't need logos on shirts.

I occasionally do a bet...usually on Cup games when you can find a long - odds punt, say Liverpool or Celtic away to a relative minnow, to include in your Accumulator, to raise any potential winnings figure from 100s to thousands etc. A bit of fun with a Fiver .

I won £457 back in 84 with Boscombes win over Manu and 4 other Cup games on the ticket. I don't usually get so lucky as that....

But. ive Never responded to an Advert on a Shirt....you
don't need adverts if you are inclined to fancy a bet....facilities exist in high streets and online.
Do you still have betting shops in the UK?

;