Signings - who/what do we want?

Ozil is absolute waste of space, and on £350k a week. Guess we could sing delle ali is a wan£er every week.
As others have said on here identify young talent from football league, like Stacey, Kelly and mepham is a much better bet
It's a valid challenge, fair play.

Don't you think we have enough young talent that needs developing already that isn't progressing because they aren't making it onto the pitch?

I am not suggesting paying the full or even half wages for these guys, but exploring who is available at minimal contribution short term loans, and as said above thinking bigger and more audacious. Most teams have a player who is failing at their level and would benefit from dropping down a division. See what it's done this year for many of our previous intake, like Solanke, Stacey, Mepham, and Kelly.

If you were Jesse Lingarde (only on £100k) would you go to Sheff Utd as rumoured or us to get your career on track.

Ignore the names I have listed, the ones I am choosing illustrate what's possible but much like when we brought Jack in, it's worth us seeing who is available while the young'uns get some minutes elsewhere.

I would say it is more deluded to think we can just snap up a league one starlet who will walk into our team and make the difference during the run in.

Btw , I doubt you would sing against anyone in red'n'black, even Ali; I am sure it's all in good jest. I am sure you would agree we have enough creative songs without reverting back to the bad old days. There should be no room for any abusive language in football including on the pitch.

In the real world, if Dele or Ozil were being made available for loan *and* had indicated they would be willing to move on loan it's going to be to a team in the PL. Most likely one in or around the middle.

When Rooney signed for Derby he was 34 and on the back of 2 years in the USA.

The Khedira rumour was funny but in no way realistic. He'll go to a PL / Serie A side. Or a team in one of the other top divisions. Maybe not a title challenger but someone decent. Rumours like that are nothing more than an amusing diversion.

If I was Jesse Lingard I'd move to another PL team rather than us, even Sheff Utd. It's a loan so he isn't committing to be there permanently but will want to get himself back in the England conversation. He won't do that in the Championship but has a small chance of doing so at even a struggling PL team.

A L1 starlet would at least expect to have some patience rather than simply walk into the team. We're looking for depth in options rather than someone to transform the whole team on their own. So a player with the potential to get significantly better who might also be pretty handy right now would be ideal.

I did like the pre-season links to tyrese Campbell. Potential to develop too

edit: out for season with a knee injury. Would fit in well at afcb!

Last edited:
We could do worse than getting Charlie Daniels back. Not ideal, but better than nothing
Equivalent to nothing if he doesn't get picked, because while we might need better, JT will consider he has 5 players already covering that one position.

If you're proposing a loan swap with Zemura so he can develop then Charlie would be an able back up.

I would save our cash to avoid outright purchases and be brave enough to send a few out on loan and get in loan replacements most of all Travers and Zemura, so they don't become the next Simpson forever warming benches.

My concern is that the argument that we need to get more like Stacey, Mepham and Kelly is flawed. We bought them while at peak in Championship, for various reasons they didn't feature much in PL and now we want more investment like them because they are performing well back in the Championship.

We don't need more depth but if there is chance to get genuine competition for places the better.

On the one hand we would be good option for up'n'coming players, but despite cruising Vs Huddersfield we still put Gosling on and delayed final subs until 5-0, hardly helping develop the young players.

Most importantly, guess JT can now spend boxing day scouting his targets on i-follow.

I reckon a cheeky bid for Will Hughes at Watford might be a good one. Looks like a lot of their players want out, maybe worth a punt?

We don't actually need anyone..and we have a development squad !
We have the best goals for and 3rd best defence if you look at the 'stats'
Just keep rotating them with common sense ..and not too many at once...thats the ticket !
Obviously if we lost any more than Brooks then OK buy a couple of cheap ones.
Why pay clubs any more Money to offload their injury proned and crap who they don't rate..

Last edited:
JT in the Echo.

Asked if he is open to bolstering his squad next month to add some more experienced options, Tindall told the Daily Echo: "I love promoting the younger players. I’ve got an affiliation with the academy obviously with my son in there and I see a lot of the good work that takes place within the academy and then followed through with Alan Connell and Shaun Cooper at youth team and under-23s.

"So there’s a lot of good work that goes into this football club that a lot of people don’t see. We’ve got a lot of good young players at this football club and I think it’s just nice and it’s healthy to be able to give these guys the experiences of what they’re getting at the minute.

"At the same time, if there’s any player that becomes available that we feel that we might need for whatever reason that is going to be able to make a difference to the team to be successful then we’ll always look at it.

"But it’s not something I’m desperate to do. It’s not something I feel I need to do right now, but we’ll deal with that as it comes along."

Unless we are struck with a major injury crisis not sure we need much strengthening. A replacement for king would seem sensible but you don’t get value in January.

;