Simpson & Mepham

Coxy - Cherries legend. Anyone remember the game at DC when he was doing keepy-uppies in our goal mouth for what seemed like half a minute before he cleared it, with half the opposition trying to force the ball over the line while he did it?
Lerma - legend in the making if we can hang on to him.

I was about to say same thing. Lerma has played as a centre back and a full back at various stages of his career and clearly looks like he could certainly play there well.

Like a better, modem day Ian Cox.
Never seen anything that says he played centre back anywhere before, but I might be wrong. The lad doesn’t have the discipline for it but then again is he still a better shout than Simmo and Meps? Is Solanke a better option than Simmo or Meps?

Never seen anything that says he played centre back anywhere before, but I might be wrong. The lad doesn’t have the discipline for it but then again is he still a better shout than Simmo and Meps? Is Solanke a better option than Simmo or Meps?
Simmo and Meps are AFC Bournemouth players and it looks like they are going to play a part in our season . I think we may need to start giving them our support and try to channel a positive mental attitude from our support to them . If we go into every game from now on expecting some sort of car crash we will probably end up with one.

I'm losing track. Are they any players left fit that I'm not supposed to abuse if they make a mistake?

I could be losing my voice before half time on Saturday.

Ramsdale and Lerma.

Other than them, reading this forum, you can fill your boots on any other player without getting a second glance.

When we signed him I remember reading it thinking he is bound to pop up at right back (he played more there than in the middle) with our full back issues

When we signed him I remember reading it thinking he is bound to pop up at right back (he played more there than in the middle) with our full back issues
I remember the right back thing but it’s a very different position to cb, obviously.

We have the great Brad Smith back.
He played for a USA side..so he must be good.
A real live 'Saccer Star' from the great US of A...fookin Gee you guys!! Get him in.....ex Liverpool too ..wowser!
I mean f#ck me...thats why we sent him over there was it not...to imperoove im?
Well thats what loans is for innit..?

Feels like Simpson is one of those players that the fans will never take to. The amount of shaky moments that Cook (not recently tbf), Kelly and Mepham have had between them, that have directly led to goals, is laughable. I rate all of our defenders, but I think it's incredibly harsh to use Simpson's dodgy moments as a stick to beat him with when he's no more guilty of this than our more senior players. I'm not sure what people want from our 4th choice squad CB but he's been good every time I've seen him so far this season IMHO.

One thing I've noticed is how aggressive he is in challenging for headers; seemed almost towering at points vs Wycombe, was nice to see a bit of hunger and meanness from a CB not named Steven Cook. He doesn't need to work on his passing for me, it's more the decision making behind the passing. Same as Mepham and Kelly really.

I'm not saying he's the second coming of Maldini or anything but I think, like Billing, he's a perfectly good player at this level and, also like Billing, I will be proven right when he actually gets a run of games.

Yes, I think Simpson has made a pretty good case for himself in the last 2 games. Likes to play the ball forward, good with his feet, and yes, great at defending in the air.

;