Smug Eddie

Cant see Eddie leaving while we are a Premier league club, he pretty much runs the whole club,has a good relationship with the owner, and fans......let's face it he is pretty much a God here. If he moved would he get the time to get teams to play his way ? Would a new set of fans have the patience? Everyone seems to want instant success these days......Eddie is a switched on fella, he knows where he's well off.

He was getting booed last week.

I thought it was the players getting the grief rather than Eddie. Obviously the buck stops with him but there appeared to be more effort in that Brighton performance than we've seen recently. If that's the case that is down to those on the pitch. Eddie appeared to be busting a gut on the sidelines all these weeks.

I thought it was the players getting the grief rather than Eddie. Obviously the buck stops with him but there appeared to be more effort in that Brighton performance than we've seen recently. If that's the case that is down to those on the pitch. Eddie appeared to be busting a gut on the sidelines all these weeks.

Some truth in this but he certainly came in for a lot of stick about his tactics and training abilities.

I just have an issue with us patting ourselves on the back for being such a wonderful set of fans a week after this place was an absolute bunfight with everyone being blamed for inevitable relegation next year.

The negative about Hughton is that he errs on the side of caution so scoring goals can become a real issue. Murray’s form masked this last season but he hadnot been as prolific this season. Thus I feel he is in the Karanka and allardyce style of coaching although seems a decent bloke and doesn’t do a “dyche” in interviews. I wouldn’t want him as manager in the prem.

Some truth in this but he certainly came in for a lot of stick about his tactics and training abilities.

I just have an issue with us patting ourselves on the back for being such a wonderful set of fans a week after this place was an absolute bunfight with everyone being blamed for inevitable relegation next year.

some “called it as it is” but I was one of many on this forum that was more measured and didn’t have a hissy fit. No doubt Facebook and Twitter had the usual meltdown but I have given up on social media!

some “called it as it is” but I was one of many on this forum that was more measured and didn’t have a hissy fit. No doubt Facebook and Twitter had the usual meltdown but I have given up on social media!

I think there's many of us who get accused of being 'rose tints' because we don't declare that the world is going to end after every poor performance. The truth is we're quite good on our day but consistency is a problem. The vast majority of our games against the bottom 14 have been 50/50 that could have gone either way. Of those that have been one-sided we've been the better side more offer than not.

I think there's many of us who get accused of being 'rose tints' because we don't declare that the world is going to end after every poor performance. The truth is we're quite good on our day but consistency is a problem. The vast majority of our games against the bottom 14 have been 50/50 that could have gone either way. Of those that have been one-sided we've been the better side more offer than not.

Eddie has the right message - don’t go over the top after a good result and don’t get fearful after a poor one. Above all, never forget how much of an achievement it is we are here and back the team during the game. That doesn’t mean, though, that we should tolerate awful performances like Burnley and Leicester just because ten years ago we were in league 2.

The point about consistency is that the top players have it but lesser players struggle more to reach top levels of performance. That’s why they play at Afcb!

Why do you have an issue with it ? I'd wager we're the most forgiving bunch out so when things go right lets enjoy the moment. Most if not all of the stuff on here over the last few weeks was constructive criticism and some of it was deserved. I don't do Facebook and from what I see on twitter many posts are simply reactionary, that's the nature of that platform.

I'd argue our support is extremely close knit probably down to stadium size. We are either long time ST or points holders. I recall when the Amex opened and suddenly NSC membership doubled overnight with complete and utter feckwits with some kind of sense of entitlement that goes someway to explaining why they we booed off at HT (why ? ) it also explains the hilarious threads that appear every time they lose as if they have some RIGHT to be a PL club.

Eddie has the right message - don’t go over the top after a good result and don’t get fearful after a poor one. Above all, never forget how much of an achievement it is we are here and back the team during the game. That doesn’t mean, though, that we should tolerate awful performances like Burnley and Leicester just because ten years ago we were in league 2.

The point about consistency is that the top players have it but lesser players struggle more to reach top levels of performance. That’s why they play at Afcb!

Agree with this.

Tbf I don't have that much of an issue with people having a pop at the team and management after Burnley - it was terrible. But to argue that we're better than other sets of supporters a week after there were people sounding off about how useless Eddie is - it's a bit of a stretch.

Why do you have an issue with it ? I'd wager we're the most forgiving bunch out so when things go right lets enjoy the moment. Most if not all of the stuff on here over the last few weeks was constructive criticism and some of it was deserved. I don't do Facebook and from what I see on twitter many posts are simply reactionary, that's the nature of that platform.

I'd argue our support is extremely close knit probably down to stadium size. We are either long time ST or points holders. I recall when the Amex opened and suddenly NSC membership doubled overnight with complete and utter feckwits with some kind of sense of entitlement that goes someway to explaining why they we booed off at HT (why ? ) it also explains the hilarious threads that appear every time they lose as if they have some RIGHT to be a PL club.

As I say, I think we can be as fickle as any other set of fans after a poor performance. Maybe apart from Brighton ;)

Wait, so was it the nepotistic coach recruitment, the poor goalkeeping team or Gosling in midfield that meant we had a record victory at Brighton....Im losing track...
..think it was that Brighton imploded and defended like we have much of the time!

The criticism last week was 100% justified. EH and the players had a shocker; one week of intense criticism doesn't mean we're not one of the more patient and forgiving fans in the league (which we are). I've lost count of the amount of thrashings we've received, where the players have still been warmly applauded off for at the end. You wouldn't catch many other clubs doing it.

I'll never boo the players, but I'll gladly exercise my right to give them a bollocking on this forum if they deserve it.

Of course criticism after recent performances was justified. EH as good as said so himself. His comments after both the Leicester and Burnley games reflected his frustration and anger at the performances. He is not immune to criticism and he would never expect to be. Fortunately he and the team turned it round in an unbelievable manner on saturday, a game against the old enemy which will live in my memory forever.
I argued over the last few weeks that injuries to key personnel over the last 4 or 5 months had taken a huge toll, particularly in terms of leadership qualities. getting Cook back was a massive plus for us on saturday - how we have missed him. For me Cook is up there with all our recent legends Pugh, Pitman, Ritchie etc etc. 300 appearances for us and cost the grand sum of £150,000. bargain.

Of course criticism after recent performances was justified. EH as good as said so himself. His comments after both the Leicester and Burnley games reflected his frustration and anger at the performances. He is not immune to criticism and he would never expect to be. Fortunately he and the team turned it round in an unbelievable manner on saturday, a game against the old enemy which will live in my memory forever.
I argued over the last few weeks that injuries to key personnel over the last 4 or 5 months had taken a huge toll, particularly in terms of leadership qualities. getting Cook back was a massive plus for us on saturday - how we have missed him. For me Cook is up there with all our recent legends Pugh, Pitman, Ritchie etc etc. 300 appearances for us and cost the grand sum of £150,000. bargain.

From Brighton no less!
:grinning:

;