Smug Eddie

Great comment about the “pernicious shitt er” Warnock coming up next. If Eddie is smug how would you describe dyche? Perhaps, the comment re warnock captures it too

Just on page one....spotted this old tart saying "Every single one of their players ran round the referee when Knockaert made the tackle."...... his tackle was so bad, I doubt there would be a team in the country where the players don't react the same way! Even Glenn Murray nearly joined in with us!

Ive had another hour on NSC.....they are all nominating the new manager!
All Hughton needs is a win v Cardiff and the pressure is off...just like Eddie yesterday !
Todays football fan is a strange breed........if they think Eddie is Smug , then they must think he has something to be smug about for it to
bother their A#se !

Then you get some of ours getting manic about Dyche......he wins a double over us and is branded 'w#nker' and ' full of sh#t' etc.

All three managers have got promotion from the Championship!..therefore must have guile and tenacity......'smug' will naturally, occasionally play a part!
A Brighton fan mentioned McClaren on a list of possibilities...and J. Barton! If they were serious..Christ!

The football manager concept is Also fraught with fate and fortune.
You can have period at a club where a Serendipituous train of events happen that throws together a group of players that just happen to gel....making it easy for the current manager even before a budget kicks in.. i.e. Mourinho at Porto....and again at Chelsea !
And where might Eddie be if he hadnt had Kermorgant, Ritchie, Arter and Elphick in the same period..Probably in the PL....but nothing is guaranteed even with the best!
Keep an eye on Frank at Derby !

Would McClaren have got any offers if he hadnt worked under Ferguson ?

I have hunch that Hughton will get past this and prosper...but will need luck too!

Last edited:
there are many things I may wish to do with rachel riley, but I can honestly say I'd wouldn't want her spouting her crap next to me for a season

Last edited by a moderator:
Hughton has been around long enough, with enough clubs at this level and the Championship, to know what you're going to get with him. He knows how to get out of the Championship. Not in the style we did, but effective enough. By being solid and organised, making sure he has just a bit more quality in attack than most of the rest.

That carries on into the PL but the quality edge disappears and all that if left is the organisation. Which can get you a fair way, but it's unlikely to push a side beyond just surviving, paddling like mad to keep their chin above the water. But he will in most likelihood survive, which is a lot more than can be said for others. Ok it went pete tong at the weekend, but that sort of implosion has been incredibly rare in his career. Reliable and consistent managers don't grow on trees, I mean Eddie himself will tell you that's something he'd like to improve with our squad.

So getting rid would be a gamble for Brighton, one that's just as likely to blow up in their face with an expensive relegation, as it is to improve their style of play and push them forward.

...clearly I am very happy to have Eddie Howe as our manager, although he is quite obviously ambitious and driven and one day he will decide that AFCB don't match his longer term career aims.

As far a thinking about anyone to take over at our club, then I reckon that someone like Hughton would be considered given his genuine honesty for hard work and effort.

The likes of McClaren and Allardyce are dinosaurs IMO and I would rather we took a gamble on a younger talent if we could find someone to fit our club...maybe Cowley or similar?

Cant see Eddie leaving while we are a Premier league club, he pretty much runs the whole club,has a good relationship with the owner, and fans......let's face it he is pretty much a God here. If he moved would he get the time to get teams to play his way ? Would a new set of fans have the patience? Everyone seems to want instant success these days......Eddie is a switched on fella, he knows where he's well off.

;