So now we have FourFourTwo's view of our worst player of the year....and it's a bit of a surprise....

I much.prefer Begovic as his feet do not simply seem to move side to side on his goalline, as if he was some human table football player.
I agree Boruc MAY have made more spectacular saves but overall I think Bego is a good signing. V pleased to have Artur as back up though. Not many teams will have a better back up keeper.

Begovic had a dip mid season, the biggest issue being West Ham at home IIRC but generally he had a poor patch. Reportedly down to a niggly injury but regardless it was a dip all the same. One which Howe choose to play him through and out the other side of, rather than put Boruc back in. Something Howe has done in previous seasons for Boruc when he's had a dip in form / knock to his back etc.

However either side of that dip, Begovic has been consistent and fairly solid, and at his best has won us points on his own (like Boruc previously).

Any keeper is only as good as the defence in front of him and we all know that could be improved, but Begovic is decent enough and young enough to be our first choice keeper for several years to come. I hope / don't think there will be any change for a long time in our goal. There are certainly other players whom I would say have been poorer for us over the season.

I am surprised Boruc is happy to stay another year, but happy to have him so long as he's able to keep pushing the other keepers at the club.

Begovic is better than Boruc. As shot stoppers they are equal but perhaps Begovic can just react a fraction of a second quicker. The clear difference is in how he commands his area and is prepared to come and claim a cross.

The area to work on is decision making with his distribution. Sometimes he will delay a simple roll out when its on and we lose thee chance to counter. But he has this terrible habit of choosing to pass to defenders with 3 players round him. Boruc may not have been as accurate, but generally if in doubt, he'd be clearing to halfway.

Begovic had a dip mid season, the biggest issue being West Ham at home IIRC but generally he had a poor patch. Reportedly down to a niggly injury but regardless it was a dip all the same. One which Howe choose to play him through and out the other side of, rather than put Boruc back in. Something Howe has done in previous seasons for Boruc when he's had a dip in form / knock to his back etc.

However either side of that dip, Begovic has been consistent and fairly solid, and at his best has won us points on his own (like Boruc previously).

Any keeper is only as good as the defence in front of him and we all know that could be improved, but Begovic is decent enough and young enough to be our first choice keeper for several years to come. I hope / don't think there will be any change for a long time in our goal. There are certainly other players whom I would say have been poorer for us over the season.

I am surprised Boruc is happy to stay another year, but happy to have him so long as he's able to keep pushing the other keepers at the club.

There were worse performances than West Ham, Tottenham for one.

Newcastle was probably the worst imo...........saying that he's looked very solid since.....which suggests an injury was hindering him.

;