So the lack of substitutions today .

I think everyone would have liked to have seen a change a bit earlier. But the reality of the situation was....second half, Sheffield didn't create anything until the goal. We were a few minutes away from winning ugly. The stats prove we were comfortable, so I can see why Eddie didn't want to change.
Their goal was hugely lucky, with McBurnie's shot going well wide, until it their own player, then onto Ake's head and down too Sharp. Hard to plan for that.
So a couple of minutes later, we could have won the game and just been here saying what an ugly win it was. Fine lines and all.

I think everyone would have liked to have seen a change a bit earlier. But the reality of the situation was....second half, Sheffield didn't create anything until the goal. We were a few minutes away from winning ugly. The stats prove we were comfortable, so I can see why Eddie didn't want to change.
Their goal was hugely lucky, with McBurnie's shot going well wide, until it their own player, then onto Ake's head and down too Sharp. Hard to plan for that.
So a couple of minutes later, we could have won the game and just been here saying what an ugly win it was. Fine lines and all.

This is very true; unfortunately, it made for a tedious match.

I agree that it was comfortable, but by sitting back you are always liable to give a chance or two by inviting them on.

I am still cross that we didnt make changes, even if for fresh legs. However, when you consider we had the likes of Solanke, who I am sure would have linked play better, and Wilson or even Ibe, it has left me very frustrated at two points thrown away.

I fully accept they thoroughly deserved the point, but how often have we lost when we didnt deserve to?!!

;