So what will be our best midfield then?

That may upset people raving about Phil's display tonight, but without his highlights during the game we would be talking about how he walks back when he loses ball far too often.[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking the same

Any idea who would be next up if he's not in the game?
Rules Question: Provided he is available and hasn't started, could he be substituted into a game to take a penalty?
But what a massive gamble that would be ....I would think there would have to be exceptional circumstances....already 4 or 5 nil up to score a record number of pens. etc.........imagine bringing him on for a crucial pen and he missed....o_O

Billing was placed into a 'changed' side for the cup... With that comes the assumption that unless you have performed better than the man you have replaced, you are probably going to be back on the bench...

Don't get me wrong, I've always liked Billing... He frustrates the sh*t out of me and has done for a while now and I accept he had a good games last night... However, the man in front of him is jack Wilshere it would seem... So with that comes the acknowledgement he needs to outperform Jack to get his nose in front. The dual will only bring both players on.

I guess we're also used to seeing us in a 4-3-3 so a formation change will have an effect on who we see away at Forest on Saturday...

How good are his penalties?

I watched on Bet365 last night, with no commentary or crowd noise... Loved it when just as Junior was about to start his run you heard a Burnley player say "Don't sh*t yourself"... 1 second later... back of the net...

Junior should have grabbed the ball and given it back to said Burnley player... But yes.. Great pen taker...

I watched on Bet365 last night, with no commentary or crowd noise... Loved it when just as Junior was about to start his run you heard a Burnley player say "Don't sh*t yourself"... 1 second later... back of the net...

Junior should have grabbed the ball and given it back to said Burnley player... But yes.. Great pen taker...
Just checked the stats.

He’s taken 10 and scored all of them.

For me, Wilshere plays ahead of Billing, and (based on last night's game and my hopes prior to it) Pearson plays ahead of Lerma, alongside Cook.

Stanislas is my first name on the teamsheet. So Danjuma and Brooks compete for the other wide role.

If there's only one out-and-out striker, my order is Solanke (just), Surridge, Long.

Last night Cook showed he isnt a right midfielder. Eddie learnt that 2 seasons ago.

Just like rugby, we can then bring on fresh high quality subs after two thirds of the game.

If Billing, Brooks and Lerma haven't thrown their toys out of the pram.

We can still vary it .
With that midfield you would except with confidence that now they start totally dominating games ..players like wilshire , 60 mins might be enough four of him, but having a replacement who is of quality come on will help us.

At times we may gomore 442 - with Shane longs pace, defenders will be prettified and of us hitting them on the counter attack

For me a front 3 of Stan surridge and Danjuma next game I would like

If Lerma and Pearo are to be the 2 in a 4231 who plays the 10 role? Wilshere ....Billing....Brooks or Stan?

Who makes up the 3 in a 433?.....Lerma....Cook ....Pearo?.....but that obviously means Wilshere misses out.

I think if we are to play a 2 in midfield it has to be Lerma and Pearo especially with a back 4.....when you think of the amount of shots Bego has faced recently compared with tonight!.....they just complimented each other really well.......if we play a 3 it could be a choice between Lewis and Jack!....a tough choice for some of you! :grinning:
Pearo!!??

;