Southampton - The Verdict.

This team is so unlikeable. The fact they didn't bother is completely unsurprising. Apparently not getting promotion is supposed to be the end of the world for the club because it will result in root and branch changes to players and management as they need to cut costs. Sounds good to me.

Having said that this club has failed to turn up against Southampton in pretty much every game they've played against them in the last decade or so. I don't particularly dislike them as a club because they are a bit too meh for that. I suppose that makes it worse in many ways our players have an inferiority complex stretching decades... about Southampton FC. Surely the most bland club that anyone has ever had a inferiority complex about in the history of the game.

It’s going to be a lot easier for us fans when we fail to make the playoffs . The final nail in the coffin for any thoughts that this squad are PL standard .
Unfortunately the teams we’re competing against seem to be doing their best to keep us hanging on rather than putting us out of our misery.

Last edited:
Had an hour out in the garden now so feel better. Thinking back to Jenas comments he might actually have had a point. The team we put out were bad. Did the simple things badly apart from Surridge’s ‘shoulder charge’ at the end. Giant Haystacks would have been proud of that one. However we were missing Kelly, Jeff and Stan, all better than their replacements and may have made a difference. I’ll feel sorry for the lad as I don’t believe he pulls on the shirt intending to be crap but I won’t be sorry if Rico doesn’t play for us again. Same with Stacey and with Steve Cook. All found out today.
The way things are looking at half time we’re still in touch with the play offs. Is dashed hope any worse than having no hope at all ?

Very disappointing to have got so far and so close to a game at Wembley and then turn in a half hearted performance.

Like they would say at SW20 for the tennis 'too many unforced errors.'

Terrible performance. Rico shouldn’t play for the club again. Occasionally he is just about ok. Most of the time he is a total liability and good for conceding at least 1 goal. He’s the Spanish Marcos Painter but we’re being subjected to him most weeks.

EASY!!!!
I love thrashing you lot!!

Oi look threeby man man...you won...so you move on to the Semi...its no odd to us now....but being ow you deserved it...I opes you takes out the Mancs and wins the bloody thing and bring it south...you deserves all ye get when ye get it in the net..we didn't - you did....we will pay ye back one day!
Enjoy your weekend!

Last edited:
For me travers and all the youngsters should have played to see who can step up to aid the push for the play offs.woody hasnt given any of the youngsters a chance since he arrived.today was his chance .getting back up should have been given precedent over the FA cup

Last edited:
Yesterday..was a Sh*tter....but we move on..twas only a football result..

The Hamptons pribobly won't win owt this season..as won't we ...but there is always somink to bang on about...and no one is ever fully right or wrong...
There ain't much point in getting either obsequious or obstreperous ' bout stuff ' roun' footy !

Last edited:

;