Speculation about potential signings thread

We all know Clive is full of carp, however if Will is having trouble deciding between us and Watford then his decision making is seriously suspect and he's definitely not the guy for us, he'll probably go into shut down deciding whether to land it ten yards behind the left back for Fraser to race him to, or onto Pughs chest so he can jink past every one or just behind the cb for Josh

I've noticed an handful of traffic surveys in the last couple of weeks at the KP roundabout and on the other side, whether this is relevant to us at DC or they are considering making amendments to the junction is yet to be seen. They don't usually commit to them unless they are considering something. (They did traffic surveys on non matchdays and at irrelevant times for the south stand planning)

Anyone interesting here?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/22/football-league-players-premier-league-fulham-ryan-sessegnon-leeds-charlie-taylor

Ezri Konsa maybe?

It's kind of interesting signing from a Watford point of view. I thought their whole model was about having the supposed best scouting network in the world so they could pick up players on the cheap that others haven't yet noticed, bring them through their network of clubs and ultimately sell them off at a profit then reinvest the funds.

Hughes is the opposite of an unknown signing, being touted as the next big thing for several years now. Whether he turns out to be a success for them or not I couldn't predict but I wonder if it's a one-off change in direction or if they've decided to change the model.

Mark McAdam? @markmcadamtv 3m3 minutes ago
Sky Sources: #afcb in talks to sign Connor Mahoney from Blackburn. He is under 24 so would cost something although out of contract.

New one Connor Mahoney. Mark McAdam?
@markmcadamtv

Sky Sources: #afcb in talks to sign Connor Mahoney from Blackburn. He is under 24 so would cost something although out of contract.

https://twitter.com/markmcadamtv/status/879337276634955776

Another winger who likes to dribble.... he sounds promising and one for EH and JT to do their work on and a paltry 250k :hihi:

Loyal2Bournemouth - 26/6/2017 14:51

Mark McAdam? @markmcadamtv 3m3 minutes ago

Left winger by the looks of it. Clearest indication yet (if we needed another one) that Max will be off.

The last Blackburn out of contract player we signed turned out alright though.....

Know nothing about him, beyond a quick google at his stats etc. 20 appearances for Blackburn last season is a similar ballpark to Hyndman when we picked him up from Fulham.

Here is a recent quote from current Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray:
"For me he should stay and play 100 games for this club over the next two seasons and if his talent dictates that he outgrows us and he has an offer from the Premier League, and we're stuck in the Championship in two years' time, then I wouldn't stand in his way."

It's perhaps the sort of signing who fits into that currently gaping void between our Premier League first team and our youth/development sides.

This article suggests he's a right winger, who has been capped at England’s U18:
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-connor-mahoney-sunderland-transfers-12937195

Seems more likely that we'll sign him then loan him our to a Championship club. He may feel that his performances there last season have shown he can compete at that level and, mindful of the progression Ryan Fraser made, feel that there is a path to a PL first team he can follow here.

I've never seen him play so couldn't comment on that last part but if he is that hot a property then I'd imagine we'll get a few offers from clubs wanting to give him gametime.

Seems that he was a nailed on signing for Forest by all accounts. The new has riled a few of their fans on Twitter.

Definitely prefer being the big fish in these situations!

;