Spurs v AFC Bournemouth

Very misleadingly worded Billy, that might indeed be the maximum distance from pitch to the front of any stand but it certainly isn't the maximum distance from the pitch to any part of the any stand.

Very misleadingly worded Billy, that might indeed be the maximum distance from pitch to the front of any stand but it certainly isn't the maximum distance from the pitch to any part of the any stand.

Sorry about that, added the bit missing after seeing your original post.

It will be interesting to know how it compares for atmosphere against the other London ones.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...mier-league-stadium-ranked-spurs-utd-arsenal/

https://www.givemesport.com/1492376-ranking-premier-league-stadiums-from-elite-to-shthole

Talking of Spurs on Saturday has anyone got any good recommendations for pre match drinks nearby? Away fan friendly with good ale in a Firkin Shed kinda way would be great but probably too much to hope for!

Talking of Spurs on Saturday has anyone got any good recommendations for pre match drinks nearby? Away fan friendly with good ale in a Firkin Shed kinda way would be great but probably too much to hope for!
Spurs have actually prided themselves on having a proper beer selection in the stadium at decent prices. They sell Beavertown beers which is great for me as I like Neck Oil and Gamma Ray. Just hope these are actually available in the away end

If you haven’t seen these they may give you info re food and drink.

Especially last link where to drink.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/20800/away-supporters-guide.pdf

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/16755/away-supporter-information.pdf

Most pubs in the area of the stadium are for home fans only with doormen present. The Haringey Irish Centre on Pretoria Road which is opposite White Hart Lane station has a large hall set aside for away fans, shows Sky Sports and the food and drinks are reasonably priced. You can also park at the Irish Centre, but I believe it costs £20 per car. Dean Palmer adds; 'When you get off the train at White Hart Lane, go straight out of the metal gates and walk straight down the road in front of you. After a couple of hundred yards there is a car park on the left hand side, and the social club is in there. There are always a few away fans in there, and kids are also allowed in there too'.

There is also the Antwerp Arms on Church Road which normally has a good mixture of home and away fans. This community-owned pub serves real and enjoys a pleasant position, looking out over Bruce Castle Park. It is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide and serves beers from the nearby Redemption Brewery.

A five minute walk from the away turnstiles and close to where the away coaches are parked on West Road is the Tottenham Brewing Company on Tariff Road. This building houses 3 craft breweries; Watling Street Beer, Trial & Error and Oddly. On matchdays, it opens up a tap room for away fans. Serving craft beers, real ales, cocktails, soft drinks etc. It is family-friendly and hot dogs are also available to purchase.

It may be an idea to drink in Central London before the game and then take a train to White Hart Lane Station. If getting the overground train there from Liverpool Street Station then there is a Wetherspoon outlet called the Hamilton Hall which is popular with football fans.

Alcohol is available inside the ground in the form of Amstel Lager (£4.50 per pint). You get to see it poured in front of you in just three seconds. The new stadium has an American system whereby the plastic glass is placed on a machine and is filled up from the bottom. When the server lifts the filled glass a magnetic disk sticks to the bottom, sealing it tight. Ingenious! However don't be tempted once you have the beer in your hand to push up the magnetic disk at the bottom, as it will empty all over the floor quicker than it was poured! Other alcohol drinks available include bottles or cans of Heineken Lager, Bulmers Cider, Guinness, Wine plus Craft Ale from the stadium's own brewery called Beavertown (£4-£5.50). Martin Holtom informs me; 'Me and my mate had a pint of draught lager each at £4 per pint at halftime. Very nice actually. Please be advised that if you buy bottled beer the staff will not give you the bottle even though they are plastic. Instead, they decant the contents into a plastic glass. The guy in the queue in front of me bought 10 (yes ten!) bottles of Budweiser which took almost all of halftime to decant/serve. I was almost dying of thirst while I waited for my turn!' Please note that if you appear to be under 25 then you may be asked to produce ID to purchase alcohol.

Steve Dobson adds; 'I also suggest that visiting fans with a thirst for real ale, consider catching the train from Liverpool Street and stop off at Hackney Downs to visit the Pembury Tavern. Good beer and quality food. From there it is only 10 minutes on the train to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The pub is only a couple of hundred yards from Hackney Downs station on Amhurst Road'. The pub which is featured in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide has no less than 16 real ales on offer! The question is, will you still then make it to the match?

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/tottenham-hotspur-stadium.html#apubs-for-away-fans

Spurs have actually prided themselves on having a proper beer selection in the stadium at decent prices. They sell Beavertown beers which is great for me as I like Neck Oil and Gamma Ray. Just hope these are actually available in the away end

Seems they are, see above.

Me reckons...

– Smith – Cook – Ake – Rico –
Arnie – Lerma – Cook – Fraser
–––– Solanke / H. Wilson ––––
––––––––– C. Wilson ––––––––

Seems Spurs against West Ham and the other night were vulnerable at the back. So we would need to capitalise on any chance we get.

We know what their forward line can do.

If you haven’t seen these they may give you info re food and drink.

Especially last link where to drink.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/20800/away-supporters-guide.pdf

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/16755/away-supporter-information.pdf

Most pubs in the area of the stadium are for home fans only with doormen present. The Haringey Irish Centre on Pretoria Road which is opposite White Hart Lane station has a large hall set aside for away fans, shows Sky Sports and the food and drinks are reasonably priced. You can also park at the Irish Centre, but I believe it costs £20 per car. Dean Palmer adds; 'When you get off the train at White Hart Lane, go straight out of the metal gates and walk straight down the road in front of you. After a couple of hundred yards there is a car park on the left hand side, and the social club is in there. There are always a few away fans in there, and kids are also allowed in there too'.

There is also the Antwerp Arms on Church Road which normally has a good mixture of home and away fans. This community-owned pub serves real and enjoys a pleasant position, looking out over Bruce Castle Park. It is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide and serves beers from the nearby Redemption Brewery.

A five minute walk from the away turnstiles and close to where the away coaches are parked on West Road is the Tottenham Brewing Company on Tariff Road. This building houses 3 craft breweries; Watling Street Beer, Trial & Error and Oddly. On matchdays, it opens up a tap room for away fans. Serving craft beers, real ales, cocktails, soft drinks etc. It is family-friendly and hot dogs are also available to purchase.

It may be an idea to drink in Central London before the game and then take a train to White Hart Lane Station. If getting the overground train there from Liverpool Street Station then there is a Wetherspoon outlet called the Hamilton Hall which is popular with football fans.

Alcohol is available inside the ground in the form of Amstel Lager (£4.50 per pint). You get to see it poured in front of you in just three seconds. The new stadium has an American system whereby the plastic glass is placed on a machine and is filled up from the bottom. When the server lifts the filled glass a magnetic disk sticks to the bottom, sealing it tight. Ingenious! However don't be tempted once you have the beer in your hand to push up the magnetic disk at the bottom, as it will empty all over the floor quicker than it was poured! Other alcohol drinks available include bottles or cans of Heineken Lager, Bulmers Cider, Guinness, Wine plus Craft Ale from the stadium's own brewery called Beavertown (£4-£5.50). Martin Holtom informs me; 'Me and my mate had a pint of draught lager each at £4 per pint at halftime. Very nice actually. Please be advised that if you buy bottled beer the staff will not give you the bottle even though they are plastic. Instead, they decant the contents into a plastic glass. The guy in the queue in front of me bought 10 (yes ten!) bottles of Budweiser which took almost all of halftime to decant/serve. I was almost dying of thirst while I waited for my turn!' Please note that if you appear to be under 25 then you may be asked to produce ID to purchase alcohol.

Steve Dobson adds; 'I also suggest that visiting fans with a thirst for real ale, consider catching the train from Liverpool Street and stop off at Hackney Downs to visit the Pembury Tavern. Good beer and quality food. From there it is only 10 minutes on the train to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The pub is only a couple of hundred yards from Hackney Downs station on Amhurst Road'. The pub which is featured in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide has no less than 16 real ales on offer! The question is, will you still then make it to the match?

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/tottenham-hotspur-stadium.html#apubs-for-away-fans

Will they still make it to the match Billy?
Damn good chance they wont ...if theyve read that...!
...I WAS going to stay off the pop this weekend...! You've bazookered that idea with that Fluid post!
Had a pint this savo.... and one of our local Spurs Shirts was in Spoons....
He asked me. " Oos this faaaaakin Dayne Joomer then ?" ... I could only offer up.. ." Im hoping you'll find out tomorrow "...so I hope our man gets a shout!

;