Spurs v AFC Bournemouth

Very bizarre match. We let them score . But we had plenty of chances too. We looked ok until first lucky goal. Then got shaky. Then created chances in second half. They seemed to target Daniels with diagonal ball. Why didn’t Eddie see that?

What a spectacular fail. Laughable really.

Who are you going to blame for getting that prediction so wrong ?

Who are you going to congratulate for corrrectly predicting the outcome of the Liverpool, Wolves and Spurs games?

Thats why he's a decent manager, and unless I'm mistaken, you're not. He tends not to go into meltdown on the back of defeats and its done him ok to date.

I think its only the injuries which will tempt Eddie into the January market.

I am not a decent manager and Eddie is, correct. But I think he will be very worried at what is happening to some of the players and will need to get some solutions. Injuries aren’t the issue, attitude is imho.

I never did predict relegation. I have stated many time that we will find ourselves in the bottom three on a few occasions. Fortunately it only happened once.

Try not to get influenced by the no brains on this forum.
Dont reinvent history Steven. I remember your posts all through the Echo, until it all got so pathetic I stopped looking.

Your second season syndrome was hilarious.

I simply don't understand your train of thought that we're going down... we're an established Premier League side, we've been here for four years now, some teams perceived as being 'bette'r have slipped back into the Championship within 4 seasons. Yes, we may lose 4-0 to Burnley and 5-0 to Spurs but that happens to every team... Only last week did Everton lose 6-2 to our opposition, they've now twisted that around to win 1-5 at Burnley. Your conscience telling you our demise from the Premier League is inevitable is complete rubbish; we're a team known for our spirit so at least be positive!

:utc:

I do not recall saying we were going down. Nor did i predict our demise from the Premier League. My outlook is comparing our injury situation against who we are playing at the time and what the situation is regarding the bottom three. My mindset is based on reality and realism regarding the situation at hand.

I am not a decent manager and Eddie is, correct. But I think he will be very worried at what is happening to some of the players and will need to get some solutions. Injuries aren’t the issue, attitude is imho.
Attitude spot on V Brighton.

I've said before that there are teams in this league way better than us. These top sides have got miles better since they were shocked out of complacency by Leicesters title win.

Horrible afternoon. A classic post-Christmas lethargic performance from us.

We didn't compete. Letting the opponent score with almost every chance they have is not bad luck, it's weak defending and a lack of concentration. Backing off every long shot and wondering why we concede deflected goals is not bad luck, it's really poor work rate. This is the first of the performances against the Top 6 this season where I've really felt we've let ourselves down.

Not many positives; we started quite well, Brooks worked hard, Rico looked good coming forward, not much of a queue for a pint at half time. That's about it.

Mentally we looked like we never believed we could get anything from the game and we were so disorganised at the back, nobody seemed to know who they were supposed to be picking up throughout.

I don't like to jump on players' backs, but a number of us have been calling out for weeks that Daniels looks like our weak link and needs a rest. He was so poor today, both in defence and in attack. Loses his man repeatedly in defence and slows us down in attack. Shame we won't be able to rest him now with Franno out.

Really hope Franno injury isn't as bad as it looked, he's been excellent this season and with him and Smith out we desperately need reinforcements. Thoughts are with him.

At Old Trafford, I expect a lot better application than that. Otherwise we may as well play the team which played at Chelsea in the cup and showed a lot more hunger.

Attitude spot on V Brighton.

I've said before that there are teams in this league way better than us. These top sides have got miles better since they were shocked out of complacency by Leicesters title win.

Pretty poor first half vs Brighton though and could have been 2/3 goals behind.

To be fair, we often get a pasting v spurs but I am worried about a few key players not performing at the moment.

I do not recall saying we were going down. Nor did i predict our demise from the Premier League. My outlook is comparing our injury situation against who we are playing at the time and what the situation is regarding the bottom three. My mindset is based on reality and realism regarding the situation at hand.

It's rather blatant that you do 'expect' us to go down.... considering you constantly compare us to the bottom three - they're completely irrelevant to us... except for when we play them.

Pretty poor first half vs Brighton though and could have been 2/3 goals behind.

To be fair, we often get a pasting v spurs but I am worried about a few key players not performing at the moment.
So is it ok to retort by saying we 'could have' been 1-0 up against Spurs? Of course not. We weren't and we won.

Just listening to Guardiola bemoaning his injury crisis!!

It's rather blatant that you do 'expect' us to go down.... considering you constantly compare us to the bottom three - they're completely irrelevant to us... except for when we play them.
Thats where his reality and realism fail (by the way why always put that - two words meaning the same thing?)

He always suggests if we lose the gap will be cut by 3 points or 6 over 2 games. The reality and realism is those sides average well under a point a game. Whilst sides inevitably pick up in the second half of the season, they are likely to take about ten games before they have reached 26 points.

So is it ok to retort by saying we 'could have' been 1-0 up against Spurs? Of course not. We weren't and we won.

Just listening to Guardiola bemoaning his injury crisis!!

We had more chances than them first half so could have been winning. I am not writing off the team, just saying we threw it away with some atrocious defending. Spurs were only in second gear today. No disgrace losing heavily to spurs but today we made it far too easy and I think a few players will be very disappointed with their displays

Thats where his reality and realism fail (by the way why always put that - two words meaning the same thing?)

He always suggests if we lose the gap will be cut by 3 points or 6 over 2 games. The reality and realism is those sides average well under a point a game. Whilst sides inevitably pick up in the second half of the season, they are likely to take about ten games before they have reached 26 points.

Spot on, he 'realistically' believes that every team below us are going to win, of which exactly 0 of the 9 did today...

I stated that we COULD be 5 points off of the bottom three. I did NOT say we WOULD be. And thank Christ we are not.
You're pathetic. Excuses and an inability to accept when you get it wrong, but love wallowing in it when the team loses.

Despite your protestations I think you're secretly overjoyed. Thats a prediction by the way!

It's no big deal....missed chances early on..and then capitulation against a far more expensive and efficient outfit.....ok so the management have some challenges.
In the championship we lost 6-0 at Watford...and had bad runs!

I don't ever think Eddie will 'park the bus' so these results will occur now and again.....and so will the positives scorelines continue!

There is not much that can be done about bad luck either.....apart from EVERY fan willing it to change to good luck!

Accrington Stanley still have some fans from their pre-expulsion days in 1962!

You're pathetic. Excuses and an inability to accept when you get it wrong, but love wallowing in it when the team loses.

Despite your protestations I think you're secretly overjoyed. Thats a prediction by the way!

I have not got it wrong nor it is an excuse. It is clear that you do not read my posts correctly. I do not wallow in our defeats, it makes me angry that we do not address the situation when the need arises i.e. we nees a centre back and a right back as a matter of urgency.

;