Squad numbers

Wasn't King 7?
If it's gone to Brooks, then that's that for King I guess. Can't see him staying with number 27.
Asmir getting the #1 may also be a seniority thing -- I don't think it means he's guaranteed to start.
I REALLY hope Danjuma can become what we all hoped Ibe would be.

It's a squad that looks a bit light when written down like that.

Remove Begovic, King and Arter if they are genuinely not going to be involved, then take away Simpson, Ofoborh, Kilkenny and Taylor who are going to be at best bit-part players, you're left with just 14 senior players plus Travers and Surridge.

Wasn't Franno 2?
Wonder why we have no 2? Seems it would be a desirable number for a defender. Perhaps a big defensive incoming signing hoped for?

Wasn't Franno 2?
Wonder why we have no 2? Seems it would be a desirable number for a defender. Perhaps a big defensive incoming signing hoped for?
Either that or we are fairly confident that Charlie Daniels will come back as fit as ever so we're holding that one back for him ? He would be our most senior defender if we gave him a new contract.

Either that or we are fairly confident that Charlie Daniels will come back as fit as ever so we're holding that one back for him ? He would be our most senior defender if we gave him a new contract.

Surely Charlie would want to keep the number 11 he has always had - they have left that free too.

So correct me. We've lost Fraser, Surman, Francis, Ake, Ramsdale, Wilson with Daniels and King TBD and brought no one in, unless you count Arter.

The team is going to pick itself

So correct me. We've lost Fraser, Surman, Francis, Ake, Ramsdale, Wilson with Daniels and King TBD and brought no one in, unless you count Arter.

The team is going to pick itself
"Brought no one in" is true in the sense of inter-club transfers, but we have younger players who are probably now ready, at least for the Championship. So we do have players coming "in", but not from outside the club.
Surridge, Kilkenny, Ofobohr, Travers, I think they'll all end up playing roles this season, and not only because we can't find anyone else, but because they're pretty good.

It's a squad that looks a bit light when written down like that.

Remove Begovic, King and Arter if they are genuinely not going to be involved, then take away Simpson, Ofoborh, Kilkenny and Taylor who are going to be at best bit-part players, you're left with just 14 senior players plus Travers and Surridge.
I think we have around 14 players as good as any other in the league. We obviously have issues with strength in depth but we won’t be unique in that. The fact is players like Rico, Billing and Stanislas aren’t guaranteed starters for us shows the quality is there.

The unknown quantity is the young guns. If Ofoborh, Surridge, Kilkenny and Taylor can establish themselves as Championship standard then it’s a very strong squad. As it stands we will need 2 or 3 incomings to see us through a 46 game season

AB4DFB68-EE92-4652-B7B7-1A4E09F587F8.jpeg

I’m no Watford fan, and I’m assuming they’ll have some departures, but f*** me is this a good Championship squad on paper.

If they end up keeping players like Foster, Deulofeu, Deeney, etc, I’m going to be jealous and a bit miffed that we had a bit of a mini fire sale.

View attachment 3960

I’m no Watford fan, and I’m assuming they’ll have some departures, but f*** me is this a good Championship squad on paper.

If they end up keeping players like Foster, Deulofeu, Deeney, etc, I’m going to be jealous and a bit miffed that we had a bit of a mini fire sale.
That's a very decent squad. Added goals with Murray too. They will be up there. Of course they will it's bound to be Norwich, Bmth and Watford again!

View attachment 3960

Surely Watford are going to lose the likes of Deeney and Deulofeu. How on earth can they get around financial fair play with that squad? It’s a mid table prem squad on paper.

As it stands we will need 2 or 3 incomings to see us through a 46 game season
Which is pretty much what JT expects, according to his recent interview.
As long as we can convince those couple of players to come here, we should be alright. Otherwise we’ll be very light on decent cover for injuries or to rest players. Let’s hope we get the players we are chasing !

;