Steve Cook

My memories different to yours and Billy's re Big Fletch at centre back, I thought he played one game there at somewhere like Rotherham, we got smashed 4-0 and Mel Machin said never again! Ha!

I remember getting smashed 3 or 4-1 at Huddersfield with Fletch at centreback that season, Steve Jones scored a beauty at the other end, I prefer to remember that :)

Three weeks since Forest appealed re having Steve Cook back in their squad due to injuries, but so far seen no response from Premier League or any more news from Forest.

Was there any mention about it at last night’s game?

Three weeks since Forest appealed re having Steve Cook back in their squad due to injuries, but so far seen no response from Premier League or any more news from Forest.

Was there any mention about it at last night’s game?

Steve Cooper mentioned a while back so far it was unsuccessful. They won’t change their mind now.

Forest are being a bit weird with all of the complaints they are making.

They supposedly sent a dossier of complaints regarding numerous refereeing decisions throughout the season (ironic considering their very existence in the top flight is down to atrocious refereeing).

The referees group eventually came out and said no dossier from Forest had ever arrived, purely a complaint over two decisions.

My memories different to yours and Billy's re Big Fletch at centre back, I thought he played one game there at somewhere like Rotherham, we got smashed 4-0 and Mel Machin said never again! Ha!

Fletcher played 8 games in the No. 5 or 6 shirt after Mark Morris got crocked in the Peterboro 0-3 game in 1994/5, and we'd run out of fit central defenders.

The 1-3 at Huddersfield was the last of those games.

Into the final year of his Forest contract this coming season.

Guess he'll leave Forest in 12 months and there will be a chance to do it summer 2024.

Into the final year of his Forest contract this coming season.

Guess he'll leave Forest in 12 months and there will be a chance to do it summer 2024.
Should have used Harry arter’s agent…would have found a way to get another few years somehow.

Shame about the testimonial news, forest getting to play offs spoiled it really as would have been a great promotion party too - of course, if Parker hadn't frozen him out then could have been easier.

It could be that finding another club will help prolong Steve’s career - maybe gave him extra impetus at a new club. Certainly was a man inspired for us at Fulham

When we beat forest 1-0 to get promotion, it was unfortunate cookie was subbed while we were still celebrating so not many saw him exit the pitch otherwise would have got a standing ovation as he left the pitch

Did I see he got his coaching qualifications last week?

When he started the qualifications, he was probably (rightfully too...)expecting to be approached by us and on the staff by 2025.

With Foley changing the culture at the club, what was a nailed on certainty for Cookie if he'd got the qualifications over the previous decade, now looks like he'll have to look elsewhere ;)

;