Steve Cook

So, I seem to remember Cook saying himself that he had read a lot of speculation about why he wasn't playing, and it was news to him. He said he thought he might know why, but never actually said the reason to the media. So, we don't know. Until one of the key parties talks about it, we'll never know. It's mere speculation.

Cahil was signed to be a one year Cook replacement. Cook was on a whack as club captain he had parity deals with highest earners like Lerma, Begovic and Danjuma.

Cahil was a lot cheaper despite his past. The idea was to get three players wages off the books. Cook didn’t like the offers he was getting elsewhere and the relationship between him and the club soured not him and Parker. Hence no testimonial… that’s clearly not a Parker decision.

Gosling, Surman, Daniel’s, Cook… a number of great servants to this club were disappointed in the shabby way their careers ended here. They all knew their best days had gone (although not in Cooks case in second tier) but there’s a right way of doing things and a wrong way.

Gosling, Surman, Daniel’s, Cook… a number of great servants to this club were disappointed in the shabby way their careers ended here. They all knew their best days had gone (although not in Cooks case in second tier) but there’s a right way of doing things and a wrong way.

Does this sort of thing really have anything to do with supporters? There will be all manor of personal relationship issues behind the scenes - it's between them if they don't like each other and not really anything to do with supporters. It's all a bit gossipy to want to get involved and have strong opinions on this stuff imo.

Oh for a Gosling or a Surman now...or a Pitman...or a Pugh ...to replace some of this inconsistent crap.
- Gold dust !

Lol. None of them would get near the starting 11 tbh. Perhaps Gosling would have, during our DMC injury crisis.

Maybe Surridge would though ;)

More like fools gold dust :D

What a deal that was to Stoke. Up there with Harry Arter sale to Forest and Mousset going to Sheffield United. :gent:
Just heard from a Sheff Utd fan yesterday that Mousset was great when he arrived but threw his teddy out of the window when dropped from the first eleven. He then employed a Jordan Ibe tactic and crashed his car through a shop window in Sheffield. The guy stated that Mousset had a chip on his shoulder the size of a king Edward potato.

Just heard from a Sheff Utd fan yesterday that Mousset was great when he arrived but threw his teddy out of the window when dropped from the first eleven. He then employed a Jordan Ibe tactic and crashed his car through a shop window in Sheffield. The guy stated that Mousset had a chip on his shoulder the size of a king Edward potato.

Lol, you are just never correct about anything are you?

Which shop in Sheffield was it?

This from Wiki.
On 15 August 2022, Mousset signed a two-year contract with VfL Bochum in Germany.[11]
In January 2023, Mousset was suspended from the team.[12] He was loaned out to Nîmes on 31 January.[13]
On 9 January 2024, Mousset's contract with Bochum was terminated by mutual consent.[14]
He is still only 28 - another one to waste the talent he was born with

Cahil was signed to be a one year Cook replacement. Cook was on a whack as club captain he had parity deals with highest earners like Lerma, Begovic and Danjuma.

Cahil was a lot cheaper despite his past. The idea was to get three players wages off the books. Cook didn’t like the offers he was getting elsewhere and the relationship between him and the club soured not him and Parker. Hence no testimonial… that’s clearly not a Parker decision.

I think the shock of relegation resulted in a number of desperate decisions which probably weren't well thought out at the time. I think most fans felt, even with wishful thinking, that relegation was almost a certainty after that awful performance at home to Palace, but I suspect the board thought Eddie would bring off the miracle escape. When it didn't happen a bit of panic mode set in and Cook plus others got caught up in that. It seemed that financial concerns kicked in really hard and part of that was Tindall's hiring. Lots of clubs in that turmoil situation post PL relegation have fallen away. The league is littered with them. That we, as a relatively small club, managed to recover speaks well of the management and staff despite not being perfect (in that humans aren't perfect).

I think the shock of relegation resulted in a number of desperate decisions which probably weren't well thought out at the time. I think most fans felt, even with wishful thinking, that relegation was almost a certainty after that awful performance at home to Palace, but I suspect the board thought Eddie would bring off the miracle escape. When it didn't happen a bit of panic mode set in and Cook plus others got caught up in that. It seemed that financial concerns kicked in really hard and part of that was Tindall's hiring. Lots of clubs in that turmoil situation post PL relegation have fallen away. The league is littered with them. That we, as a relatively small club, managed to recover speaks well of the management and staff despite not being perfect (in that humans aren't perfect).

Yes although there's little doubting being relegated and keeping most of PL squad, plus cushion of parachute payments does put most clubs in very strong position to mount challenge to return, theres plenty of clubs who've made a hash of it too and still down there.

Watford, WBA and Stoke off top of my head. WBA in particular that season we were promoted under Parker, seemed to have strong squad, with kind of players that'd be upf fo challenge, with more quality at disposal than most.

Watford had quality, but bit of a basket case situation with owners.

How do you know all this re: Cook, the club and Parker? Do you have insider info? Genuine question... Maybe you do. How would I know? But, why did Cook like the club statement saying Parker had been sacked? Or was that a hack/some kind of Twitter trickery that someone played?

;