Steve Cook

Begs was great 1st half but just faced routine stuff after the break. That was mainly due to Cook’s performance at the heart of the defence.

I don't just mean Cook individually, although his apparent ease at being dominated seemed completely misplaced. His gesture struck me as indicative of the whole side. Take Fraser's quote post match, about not expecting Huddersfield to have so much of the ball. They lined up 6 midfielders FFS, what did we expect?

Cook and Begovic can go home with their heads held high in my opinion. Not really the rest of them though. Huddersfield were on top well before their goal.

I think the gesture was probably more of a "I know, I know, keep calm, we got this - shouting at us in frustration isn't going to make us play better, it's going to make us more afraid of doing our jobs".
Rather than a "Nah, mate, we better than this crap in front of me, I can defend this with my eyes close and still win 4-0".

Just before our 2nd, I said we could run riot on the counter attack tonight. I think the problem is when you get too stuck in the mindset of looking for the counter, you forget to do the basics correctly.

So in some respects, yes complacency did affect our game tonight, but the culprit wasn’t Steve Cook. It’s really frustrating because had we played with the correct intensity, I think we could have scored 5 or 6 against against their high press.

I’m wondering if Eddie has the team working on defending and counter attacking based on the fixtures from Arsenal onwards. He may have stuck with that through Huddersfield so they go into Liverpool with that mentality. Who knows. I just figure that we work on a specific tactic based on blocks of games where possible.

Huddersfield start to turn the tide first half at 2-0 and the NS scream at our side to wake up and get in the fight after suffering a string of attacks.

Steve Cook turns around to the NS and gives it a 'calm down calm down' gesture with his arms.

Moments later its 2-1 and Huddersfield dominate the entire rest of the game. With Cook frankly not at the races.

Getting too big for our boots too early on. Not up for the fight. Disappointing from such an experienced stalwart.

What game were you watching. My MOM tonight. Held defence together and read the game well. Was guilty in putting a few long balls upfield into touch

Bego,Ake and S.Cook can walk away having keptus in the points....the rest in the main were well below par....with Fancis,Daniels and Lewis Cook....all playing really poorly in their holding the ball and weak distribution....we got out of jail tonight....let’s move on and prey that we are bang on our metal on Saturday!

Bego,Ake and S.Cook can walk away having keptus in the points....the rest in the main were well below par....with Fancis,Daniels and Lewis Cook....all playing really poorly in their holding the ball and weak distribution....we got out of jail tonight....let’s move on and prey that we are bang on our metal on Saturday!
Seems we have all let Brooks off again. He needs a break. Stan was off the ball too

Aside from the fact that Mooy should have been sent off, I thought him and Pritchard were excellent last night and as the game went on dominated the midfield.

I think that we were lucky to get anything out of the game last night and the win was due to Begovic / Cookie and a lack of Huddersfield cutting edge.

Seems everyone has let Eddie off.

It was clear long before half time that we couldn't deal with the overloaded midfield of Huddersfield with our 4. We were crying out for an extra man in there to give us options to get out and work it out from the back.

Wagner had a game plan that had they been able to take their chances would've seen them win and we did nothing to alter ours to counteract it. Maybe EH didn't think he had the options but that game was crying out for a change of shape to gain some control.

Last night proved that probably Daniels and Francis never had the cover needed to support them in Brooks and Fraser, Brooks was too lightweight to do a job and Fraser was caught out of position many times...think Wagner managed the game better than Eddie and with a decent striker and without Bego’s saves they would have buried us!..we lacked the tools to cope with their busy midfield only Lerma came close to coping with them. We have to move on from this with some lessons learnt from how we were starved of possession and looked frantic when we had the ball,constantly giving it away.

;