Still favourites to finish bottom

Monmouthred

Star Player
Honestly I dont get it.

We are 7/5 to stay up, and Brentford for example, who will in all likelihood be 2 points below us 2 weeks today are 1/33.

I am not saying Brentford are going down, but how do those odds even make sense?

Even Forest are evens to stay up.

We have already played the best 3 sides arguably, the best 2 away, and have averaged 2 ppg against the rest.

Honestly I dont get it.

We are 7/5 to stay up, and Brentford for example, who will in all likelihood be 2 points below us 2 weeks today are 1/33.

I am not saying Brentford are going down, but how do those odds even make sense?

Even Forest are evens to stay up.

We have already played the best 3 sides arguably, the best 2 away, and have averaged 2 ppg against the rest.

Loads of money has probably gone on us to go down.

Early days yet. Too soon to judge, but I think at least we've proved we won't be a Derby and we will be competitive. My worry is squad depth for us, especially attacking/creative options. Be great to get Brooks and Stan back fit.

To flip it the other way, which teams do you genuinely think are more likely to go down than us? I'd say possibly Forest now, though they will throw more money at it in Jan.

There are a lot of teams down there who have strong squads (West Ham, Everton, Leicester, Palace, Villa) and Bookies will expect them to pick up. Wolves form is pretty dire but they have a good squad. Southampton might be starting to worry a bit...

Happy to be the underdogs!

Happy if it stays this way. Have watched opposition fans’ vlogs before each match and without fail they predict a comfortable 3-0 or 4-0 victory to their side (yes even Forest - one of their ‘pundits’ described it as a ‘shock’ defeat afterwards). Happy to stay under the radar for a wee bit longer, suits us just fine :wahey::wahey::wahey:

We'll stay as relegation favourites until we (hopefully) get enough points to stay up.

Every single "expert" put us in the relegation certainties category in their pre-season preview and a lot of money will have been staked on it partly because of that, at ever decreasing odds.

Bookies don't care about anything other than making money and very little has been put on us to stay up, so odds will change slowly even if we continue our good run.

I still think there's a long way to go, but any mug that bet on us to beat the lowest points total will hopefully be out of pocket soon.

:utc:

I reckon Brighton could be worth a flutter at 33/1 to go down. Potter has ripped the guts out of that club and whoever takes over has a real job on his hands.

I reckon Brighton could be worth a flutter at 33/1 to go down. Potter has ripped the guts out of that club and whoever takes over has a real job on his hands.

I know it’s in your neck of the woods, was surprised to see Bruno leave Brighton.

Thought he was going to be in charge of the Brighton team at Dean Court before the game was postponed.

Was there surprise amongst the fans down your way?

I know it’s in your neck of the woods, was surprised to see Bruno leave Brighton.

Thought he was going to be in charge of the Brighton team at Dean Court before the game was postponed.

Was there surprise amongst the fans down your way?
A lot of shock and anger at the speed he left, plus the fact he took the entire coaching staff with him. Think of when John Bond left us, similar feelings. And it took us a long, long time to recover from that.

A lot of shock and anger at the speed he left, plus the fact he took the entire coaching staff with him. Think of when John Bond left us, similar feelings. And it took us a long, long time to recover from that.

Certainly do remember when JB went and I think that really must have upset Harold Walker with his plans for our club with John Bond as manager.

The start of an unfinished stand as a legacy of what happened being built at the Brighton Beach End as well!

Back to Brighton football club, was thinking of long time servant Bruno, but found the answer in the first para, re social media.

Bruno message to all connected with Brighton, including the fans.

Taking to social media, Bruno wrote: “I'm heartbroken, probably like some of you. I have the same feeling as when I left home at 14; sure about my decision, but broken inside.

“What players, staff at the Amex, staff at the training ground, fans and the community have given me is unforgettable. Thank you.

“What these ten years have shown me is that football is more than ninety minutes. Of all the unimportant things, football is the most important.

“I've given my heart and soul for this club and I would like to think that I've helped to leave Brighton & Hove Albion in a better place than when I arrived.

“There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are you will always be in my heart. Your amigo, Bruno."

https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...no-pens-farewell-to-brighton-and-fans-4429186

Are devotion and loyalty things of the past? I think we saw that with Parker. When things go well it was all due to him, when they go wrong, to him, it's nearly always the squad or individuals who have got it wrong. A manager/coach is a 168 hour a week job and everything that happens is due to their input, or lack of it. Why do obviously poor managers/coaches so often seem to fall straight into another job after a failure?

Loads of money has probably gone on us to go down.

This, our manager was slagging us off in the press all preseason right the way through to his sacking and we have the poorest owner. Would've tempted a few neutrals to take an early punt especially as part of an acca.

It's all bollux...based solely on the fact we are Tinpot..that's it !...bugger all to do with results or performances on a pitch.
So much stupidity attached to Football..and so many fans across the football media buy this crap...so it gets worse.
Football fans in general these days are just plain daft....I mean , watch how many dickheads go to Qatar !

Can’t see it. Too much quality in that team.
Yes, they have plenty of quality, just as we did in 2019/20.

But the brutal manner of Potter's abrupt departure will have wounded that group of players, and they won't have played a game for 4 weeks when they arrive on 1st October at ...Anfield !

Over the next month, they then have to play Spurs, Man City and Chelsea. A lot of that early season optimism could have evaporated by then...maybe the new guy will find it hard to adapt to English football - after all, he has no experience here, never a good thing.

It's a long shot, sure. But just as they were poised to rise to the top of the PL, Potter walks out, leaving the club dazed and disoriented. That's the kind of thing that can make a club implode.

Whatever, it'll be an interesting story as it unfolds.

Last edited:
I am not a betting man David, but I can perfectly see how this could pan out. Plus, it’s Brighton. I think I would like to put some money on it.

Given that I don’t bet and have no accounts with anyone, can anyone suggest how best to do so. On the lines of “your first bet free” or “double the odds on your first bet” and so on.

;