Structadene

Doesn't the club own a strip of land though? That could put a spanner in the works of whatever Structadene want to do should the club move on.

Both parties would need to work together to do something different with the land. If Structadene have acted like dicks it may make the club disinclined to dance to their tune.

I thought we had reached an agreement with them. They don't want to sell it and we don't want to buy it : )
I offered to buy the ground back as a friendly Landlord from Structadene and give the club the rights to buy it back when they were in a position to do so.
Estimated savings...... £25m. AFCB turned down my offer!
I also owned the covenants which I offered to relinquish (for free) only if Max agreed to purchase the club and invest the amounts I had been told he would......
The rest is history......
UTCIAD

Doesn't the club own a strip of land though? That could put a spanner in the works of whatever Structadene want to do should the club move on.

Both parties would need to work together to do something different with the land. If Structadene have acted like dicks it may make the club disinclined to dance to their tune.
If I recall the club owns the land that the Ted Mac stands on and a strip of the pitch on that end .

what happens in 9 years, do we have to negotiate a new lease or get evicted?
We would certainly need to negotiate a new lease. I am no expert on rights etc on leases but ultimately I suppose we could be forced out if there was no agreement - look at Coventry for example. As others have said it would be in both parties interests to conclude a deal.

Well yes, that's the conventional way of valuing a commercial property but that doesn't fit in with what Ianhensman claims the bloke next to him said, which admittedly doesn't sound right to me. In fairness though there are complications in this case because the residual value isn't clear. The club is the only likely party that would sign a new lease for the property as it stands and they are also the potential purchaser in this case. They can use this as leverage in negotiations with the threat that they walk away after the lease runs out. The potential of the covenant being lifted is also tied up with the future of the club therefore the value of the property should the club leave is uncertain.

Would imagine their reply to be something along the lines of: "Well, good luck with building a new stadium, which as we all know makes zero financial sense!"

I offered to buy the ground back as a friendly Landlord from Structadene and give the club the rights to buy it back when they were in a position to do so.
I also owned the covenants which I offered to relinquish (for free) only if Max agreed to purchase the club and invest the amounts I had been told he would......
UTCIAD

You did what you could Rich and I respect you for that for putting the club to your heart. You can't expect to hold to the land forever as a businessman. In hindsight if you had held out few more years do you reckon Max would've purchased off you when we're in the PL and had the really big money?

UTCIAD
How very odd to turn down such an offer. When you say the club rejected your offer, who specifically?

UTCIAD

Do you still own the covenants? I was given to understand they had been cancelled.

Do you still own the covenants? I was given to understand they had been cancelled.
Blake rang me to ask was i serious about giving up all the covenants. He said if i was then Max would buy the club and invest to get us in the Prem.
I said ill take 2 tickets for the next game and even pay for all my own costs.
This I did. Unfortunately after missing only six games in 35 years at this point it suited Blake to stop me ever getting a ticket since. As a lot of generous fans on this forum know I resort to begging to get to the games.
Uncle Jeff stories very similar. They dare not ever right a book about their stories at the mighty Cherries!

All a bit odd.
I presume you’ve had some financial input into the club at some point. I’m sorry if I’ve missed that previously.
So Blake hates you so much, for whatever reason, you now can’t buy tickets.

Blake rang me to ask was i serious about giving up all the covenants. He said if i was then Max would buy the club and invest to get us in the Prem.
I said ill take 2 tickets for the next game and even pay for all my own costs.
This I did. Unfortunately after missing only six games in 35 years at this point it suited Blake to stop me ever getting a ticket since. As a lot of generous fans on this forum know I resort to begging to get to the games.
Uncle Jeff stories very similar. They dare not ever right a book about their stories at the mighty Cherries!

"right a book" ?

All a bit odd.
I presume you’ve had some financial input into the club at some point. I’m sorry if I’ve missed that previously.
So Blake hates you so much, for whatever reason, you now can’t buy tickets.
Anyone who knows Blake, would not be surprised by this.

;