Structadene

Are we back even talking to Structadene?
For a long while they weren't taking our calls so to speak.

The point is - there is nothing to stop anyone buying the ground from Structadene - it wouldn’t take permission from the Club. It would take a fair chunk of cash but with sufficient investors and possibly a commercial mortgage it needn’t be beyond reasonable aspiration. The thing is we’ve never been told how much Structadene want - only Mostyn‘s vague reference to ‘as much as a Premier League striker’. Well we have four of them currently and it varies from £1m to £20m. I’d have thought even at £20m it would be a relative bargain, given the money already spent and the increased cost of building. Smoke and mirrors from the Club and to what end - who knows ? Re Valencian - I can’t validate everything he says but I can confirm a lot of it. If most of what he says is true then I’m prepared to believe the rest of it is likely to be too.
All this is very reminiscent of the Phillips era - when Bristol and West were cast as villainous loan sharks - when they turned out to be far from that. RGB will attest to that as he was the one who contacted them. How do we know Structadene are greedy Landlords when we are given this from certain folk within the Club. Maybe someone could contact them to find out ?

The fee for a Premier League striker has to be paid off within 3/4 years. Presumably, if we bought the stadium with a commercial mortgage, we'd have a lot, lot longer than that ?

Must be some high-flying accountancy guys on here that know about all that kinds stuff ?

The fee for a Premier League striker has to be paid off within 3/4 years. Presumably, if we bought the stadium with a commercial mortgage, we'd have a lot, lot longer than that ?

Must be some high-flying accountancy guys on here that know about all that kinds stuff ?
I’m not a ‘so called expert’ on this topic but… they’d have to want to sell it which is unlikely with a guaranteed rent and probably no break clause so we’d pay it even if we moved. We’d have to give them a large multiple on that profit (12-15 times) even if they are in disposal mode, which they never have been to date.

How long is the current lease? I'm assuming we would have pay structadene until the end of this period even if we could move into a new ground tomorrow?

How long is the current lease? I'm assuming we would have pay structadene until the end of this period even if we could move into a new ground tomorrow?
AFCB - Official Club Website

a) When the lease is up with Structadene, are there plans to buy the ground back, how is the lease structured?

b) Since the last B2B meeting, have any discussions with Structadene taken place or been considered? Is the board’s preference to run the lease down rather than buy it out?

NB explained that the lease on Vitality Stadium expires in 2030 and that the club remains in constant dialogue – and has a good relationship – with Structadene.

Reactions: drd
AFCB - Official Club Website

a) When the lease is up with Structadene, are there plans to buy the ground back, how is the lease structured?

b) Since the last B2B meeting, have any discussions with Structadene taken place or been considered? Is the board’s preference to run the lease down rather than buy it out?

NB explained that the lease on Vitality Stadium expires in 2030 and that the club remains in constant dialogue – and has a good relationship – with Structadene.
Realistically we aren't building a new ground before then even if one of us wins the euromillions ( I will fund it if I do , but I want to play right midfield)

Realistically we aren't building a new ground before then even if one of us wins the euromillions ( I will fund it if I do , but I want to play right midfield)
I agree, what is interesting is, there was an article I read today (link below) that confirmed the timing of the original stadium plans.

In December 2016 they expected the stadium to be ready for the 2020-2021 season, so based on that timing, the club are going to run out of time pretty soon as if the same timeframe was in play now it would be 2025-2026 before a stadium was opened if they announced it now...clock is ticking.

Bournemouth were 'overly optimistic' in plans to move into new stadium by summer 2020 - BBC Sport

Yes totally posible. There are so many ways of structuring commercial finance that a mortgage is now really old fashioned.

It's not really the money though I don't think. It seems it is much more a case of Max not thinking the ground is worth what Structadene want.

I’m pretty sure I heard last night that Pride Park has been valued at circa £20m in the talks between Mel Morris and the council, who are trying to organise a buy back for the club… Nice if you can get that level of local support…

No idea if this a reduced fee due to the situation, but it does seem low to me considering we’ve been talking about the same price for DC which is a lot smaller in everything than Pride Park…

Surely with this it makes no sense to enter negotiations where Structadene are asking way over what the stadium is worth while we are still in some sort of rental contract with them.
We would have far more bargaining power once that has come to an end/nearing its end I would think?
Max will view the buying of the ground as a business decision rather than some romantic notion of owning our own ground again, and while we are on some long lease of circa £300k a year from the league 2 days, it doesn’t make financial sense to start paying way over the odds.

Euromillions are worth 215 million tonight.
I would certainly buy the ground back for the club and build the new academy.
Odds of Winning Jackpot 1 in 139,838,160

Last edited:

;