ST’s - average 9.7% increase

No real issue with the price increase but if I have understood correctly, we are being forced to pay for tickets to the women’s matches which the vast majority of ST holders won’t go to.

Would have preferred it if they had just consolidated that amount into the price increase and said it includes free tickets to the women’s games if you wish to attend.

Umm....

Additionally, season ticket holders will have two AFC Bournemouth Women’s matches added to their season ticket package. These games will be played at Vitality Stadium. Season ticket holders will receive each of these games at a rate of £7 per game for adults and £5 per game for all other supporter types. These amounts are in addition to the pricing noted above for the 19 Premier League matches and will be added to their season ticket payment(s). Information on game dates and seating for women’s team matches will be determined at a later date.

Is that compulsory?

No real issue with the price increase but if I have understood correctly, we are being forced to pay for tickets to the women’s matches which the vast majority of ST holders won’t go to.

Would have preferred it if they had just consolidated that amount into the price increase and said it includes free tickets to the women’s games if you wish to attend.

Offer it for free and no value will be attached to it. Basic marketing to try and build up the userbase for the future.

Force people to pay and turn people against it. Describe it as free and people who otherwise wouldn’t have may give it a go.

They may give it a go but may not put a value on it when it comes to actually buying a ticket. Whereas, having already forked out for a ticket as part of this someone that goes and enjoys it would be more likely to pay for another. That's the fallacy of free.

It's going to rub some people up the wrong way but our season tickets prices are pretty mid-table by PL standards which, considering our capacity, means they're actually very low. For all the people that get annoyed by this, they're still getting their AFCB ticket cheap. Meanwhile, it may help the women's team grow.

Of course, those that don't like it can always give up their season ticket. Pretty sure there will be plenty of takers for it if the club decided to offer it elsewhere.

I understand the points made, but no one is "forcing" anything upon anyone. They are just the terms for next season's ticket as stated by the new owners . No one has to renew. I do understand the comment regarding marketing wording, though.

Our women's team have been improving and the board clearly feel investment is important there.

"I understand the points made, but no one is "forcing" anything upon anyone. "

"Of course, those that don't like it can always give up their season ticket. Pretty sure there will be plenty of takers for it if the club decided to offer it elsewhere. "

They are saying, you buy womens tickets or you dont get the mens tickets.

Thats "forcing".

Which is effectively what has been done? They've added it to the ST price whether we want it or not and we are therefore free to attend.
Edited to add:
Although it has been added to the ST price whether we want it or not it is not included in the new quoted prices. So yes the ST price we will pay will be the quoted price plus £14 (2 x £7 for adults.)
That's my understanding anyhow.

Last edited:
Wtf is going on here? All this time to get it sorted and they've come up with this shitshow. It's like AFCB have asked Ryanair to come up with a pricing model.

Need to change the tread title because it isn't 9.7% at all is it. I absolutely hate companies that try and treat their customers like morons.

Bit of a PR own goal here. It’s not a 9.7% increase at all, it’s more than that because the vast majority of season ticket holders will be unlikely to attend the women’s games. I struggle to make the time for the men’s games, let alone the women’s games too.

Wouldn’t have minded as much if they had simply said it’s a 10-11% increase and women’s games are free. But the way it has been worded is strange.

The wording is unclear.
It is clear that the prices are just for PL games.
But.... Are the 2 women's games added and money taken or is it that ST holders get reduced rates if they choose to buy tickets?

I can't see how they can take money without permission. For cup games a ticket is available for a period of time and ST holder can buy or not. (Confusion last season, nothing in the information that clarifies for this one).

If there is a way that money is taken automatically then it is likely that there would be a lot of empty, paid for seats.

The wording is unclear.
It is clear that the prices are just for PL games.
But.... Are the 2 women's games added and money taken or is it that ST holders get reduced rates if they choose to buy tickets?

I can't see how they can take money without permission. For cup games a ticket is available for a period of time and ST holder can buy or not. (Confusion last season, nothing in the information that clarifies for this one).

If there is a way that money is taken automatically then it is likely that there would be a lot of empty, paid for seats.

I think you just have to pay £14 more than the prices in that table but tbh I've got no idea.

Bit of a PR own goal here. It’s not a 9.7% increase at all, it’s more than that because the vast majority of season ticket holders will be unlikely to attend the women’s games. I struggle to make the time for the men’s games, let alone the women’s games too.

Wouldn’t have minded as much if they had simply said it’s a 10-11% increase and women’s games are free. But the way it has been worded is strange.

Exactly. And is counterproductive in terms of generating interest and support for the women’s team because it creates bad feeling.

Honestly, you lot, we're getting a Premier League home season for about 7-5 % more than we did 7 years ago and the most noticeable thing is an offer to pay £7 or £5 when the Ladies team play at Dean Court. Is anyone being forced to do anything they don't want to? I'm looking forward to sticking it up some MegaPlastic Superclubs and their supporters next season in our tinpot potting shed of a ground : )

Thanks, Bill, Neill, Jim and Gary : )

Wtf is going on here? All this time to get it sorted and they've come up with this shitshow. It's like AFCB have asked Ryanair to come up with a pricing model.

Need to change the tread title because it isn't 9.7% at all is it. I absolutely hate companies that try and treat their customers like morons.

Why? The article says an average of 9.7%

;