Summer transfers

Always liked Joe Allen - ever since a fine showing against us for Liverpool at DC. He’s skilful and resilient, and he’s a free agent. But he’s also 32 - and surely we’ll not sign a midfielder, needing athleticism and energy in the PL, who’s past his prime.

Well said.

This squad has potential.

Unfortunately some wheat will have to be cut.

There's probably 5 or 6 we could name from last seasons 25 man squad that may be cut.

20 million would easily replace them in transfer fees.

Hate to say it, but Marcondes is the first name out the door.

Doesn't have the pace for the PL.

Lowe as well may sadly need a move.

Bumped into a relative of Jack Stacey's at a barbecue last week and he reckons that Jack has already packed his bags as Parker is "not a fan" of his.
I wouldn’t be overly disappointed if that were the case, his defending was a bit suspect in the Championship let alone the PL. If we’re being brutal I think his level is mid table Championship.

Surely the first priority has to be signing up our key existing players to longer contracts: the likes of Solanke, Kelly, Anthony, Zemura etc. That won’t be cheap but would lock in greater resale values if we were to go down after a year or two.
That is definitely key. The club needs to place itself in a position in which if we did go down then we would still be in a strong position.

There has been some talk of parachute payments ending and this may be a factor in our spending.
Also if the current players' contracts have an uplift on promotion we may find some of our back up players may be harder to move on, as potential buyers may not match their wages.
In any event I like the team spirit we have generated and hope there aren't too many player changes
Can’t see the parachute payment ending, the prem will not vote for that

We don't need No Henderson or other nerdy suggestions...we got Travers...

Travers got us in the PL...he is entitled therefore to have ago at keeping us there and testing himself against the best otherwise what was the f√cking point of him doing that ?
Just need an experienced keeper in case it all goes wrong

Signing up dom, trav and lerma to new contracts woukd be key for me along with JZ and Anthony.would want at least 50 million for dom , trav , and lerma if they were to go.

Lol, not a chance of getting anywhere near that for any of them.

;