Support the players no matter what tomorrow

With all due respect to Dragon, what he writes is so detached from reality I have made the decision that it’s a waste of my time to even read it. Just as it’s a waste of my time to read his semi regular abusive DMs (I assume that the ignore button blocks these too.) I very rarely use the function but I just find his posts to be a waste of time, I enjoy discussion and debate and disagree with many on here (as you know,) but I personally find very little if value in anything he writes. My decision to make.
Will you go through with it though? You said you were going to block me once, but you didn't manage it. Just like you didn't pay that bet or win the forest bet.
You need to be more decisive, you could just not respond to his posts.

Isn't the point not that other clubs do it or to compare how we are to other clubs but the reality that players leave our club because of our abuse?

A fresh start without the target on your back must be appealing regardless of whether we think that fanbase is better or worse than us.

It does show that there is a material competitive advantage we as fans could give our club and it's interesting that so few would want to take it.
But it was only a very small minority of idiots, it’s impossible to eradicate this completely unless you are advocating banning spectators for booing.

Will you go through with it though? You said you were going to block me once, but you didn't manage it. Just like you didn't pay that bet or win the forest bet.
You need to be more decisive, you could just not respond to his posts.
Oh did I make a bet for another team? Thanks for letting everyone know, it hasn’t been said before…

Chill out pal, I wasn’t even talking to you but you always seem to feel the need to create som kind of confrontation. With me and with others.

Oh did I make a bet for another team? Thanks for letting everyone know, it hasn’t been said before…

Chill out pal, I wasn’t even talking to you but you always seem to feel the need to create som kind of confrontation. With me and with others.
Just curious you have trouble seeing things through

Poor Waz, playing the sympathy card over and over again.

Doesn't bother with new usernames anymore as everyone knows it's him straight away.

You're pond life, simple as that.

But it was only a very small minority of idiots, it’s impossible to eradicate this completely unless you are advocating banning spectators for booing.
I've heard it, players have heard it, and I think people on streams have heard it so if it's a "very small minority" they must be incredibly loud. Any "very small minority" should be easily drowned out by the "very large majority".

Does it need to be eradicated completely to be less of a problem?

Why is the general reaction to being told categorically players have left because of abuse costing the club points and potentially tens of millions of quid a range from ambivalence to hostility?

Few points-

-They have changed the regulations now to make it so that the maximum length of contract you can amortise a players value over is eight years. So although they can’t outlaw eight year deals, there is now no longer any benefit in terms of FFP to offering an eight year deal as opposed to a five year one.

-You can’t stop clubs from offering hefty signing on bonuses because we operate in a free market economy, as long as they fall with in the financial perimeters of FFP then they can do what they want.

-Lloyd Kelly is not a sad cnut. He is a professional who wants to secure the best deal possible for himself and his family. He has no obligation to stay if he doesn’t want to, he’s not a Bournemouth fan. He clearly has a lot of very good attributes to his game, or else the calibre of club that are looking at him wouldn’t be. With all due respect, you are not more knowledgeable than elite club scouts.

Very little of what you say has any logic to it, it’s just all raw emotion.
Just a comment on your first point Waz- surely there’s still a benefit under FFP in an eight year deal over a five year one, because the cost is spread over an additional three years, so will be less yearly if FFP challenges yearly outgoings?

On the abuse thing, I do think noisy abuse even from a small number of noisy fans in such a small stadium as ours can be felt more personally by the unfortunate player than a sizeable number in a much bigger stadium.

I can absolutely see where betting against your team - and discussing it on our forum - can be provocative but emotional hedges are absolutely a thing and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that. I personally prefer to bet ON my teams because I'm a) a homer and b) the emotions are much sharper (and therefore more fun) but I know plenty of fans that consistently bet against their teams to dull the emotions. "It sucks we lost, but at least my bank account is nice" is very much a thing that happens.

Yes lots of people bet against their team. I've a pal that does it every game as some sort of reverse jinx attempt. I bet on Doncaster to win the league when we went to Tranmere after promotion from League 1 was secured. It paid for my day but didn't make me feel any better.

Just a comment on your first point Waz- surely there’s still a benefit under FFP in an eight year deal over a five year one, because the cost is spread over an additional three years, so will be less yearly if FFP challenges yearly outgoings?
I am no expert on these things but I think the point is that the cost of the contract has to be written off within a maximum five year period. So you can give a player an 8 year contract if you want, but you have to divide the total cost commitment by 5 rather than 8 and show it in your accounts as such.

Just an observation but I noticed that not all of the team applauded the away fans before the game at Villa.

Doesn’t bother me but I can see why some fans might not like that.

Just an observation but I noticed that not all of the team applauded the away fans before the game at Villa.

We all had the same debate over Scott Parker, costs absolutely nothing, takes little to zero effort or energy but helps to build a rapport with the fan base.

Take a look at Jude Bellingham at Real Madrid, he’s a young kid, zero affinity with a side he’s been at for less than a year, yet he’s hero worshiped like he’s Raul… granted it helps when your likely to be one of the best central midfielders in the world and you score last minute winners against Barcelona..but he was loved before that because he made an effort.

I didn't notice and it wouldn't have unduly bothered me, but lets face it does doesn't take much effort to stick a thumb up in the air/clap. I would be far more annoyed if we weren't acknowledged at full time. That is taking the p1ss.

Yes lots of people bet against their team. I've a pal that does it every game as some sort of reverse jinx attempt. I bet on Doncaster to win the league when we went to Tranmere after promotion from League 1 was secured. It paid for my day but didn't make me feel any better.
For me it wasn't so much that Waz bet against us, or more correct placed a bit on Forest, but the swaggering boasting about it at the time. Quite a different matter. He got everything he deserved at the time. Having said that Waz has openly apologized and that should be accepted and not continually brought up against him. I bet there isn't one of us who haven't said or even written something that we later regret. I know I have.

For me it wasn't so much that Waz bet against us, or more correct placed a bit on Forest, but the swaggering boasting about it at the time. Quite a different matter. He got everything he deserved at the time. Having said that Waz has openly apologized and that should be accepted and not continually brought up against him. I bet there isn't one of us who haven't said or even written something that we later regret. I know I have.
How long ago was that?

Completely agree. He was a dick about it but he went on to apologise and change his ways. What more do people want?

;