Sweet Caroline being replaced...

Great to see sweet caroline played at both the beginning and the end of the game. Until we've got a suitable alternative, which we haven't at present long may it continue

You are joking I take it.

There's an email going to the club from me today about playing it at the end.

Win or lose, the players get cheered and individual players get their names chanted.

So Liz, you're telling me that Eddie wants Caroline at the end to dampen the atmosphere are you?

You have not a clue about the 'match-day experience'.

I for one feel there needs to be a shake up at the club.

This club is being run by fuckwits.

Playing anything at the end is just crass in my view. Let the fans clap them off and sing what they want.

if they play sweet Caroline at kick off at least get the timing right so the kick off happens after the crescendo of the song where fans will sing and not the dirge part where fans don’t join in.

All very tinpot.

The paradox of creating atmosphere by killing atmosphere. Loud sing-along music trains people to sing along to it. That works. Until it stops.

If loud music is played at the end the cheering of individual players will die out. It was awful at the end yesterday.

Best game in recent (ish) years was when the PA broke. And, no, don't bring Song 2 or anything else back when a goal is scored. Let the crowd cheer.

Knock knock
Who's there?
Pavlov.

Why 5 mins after end of game though? Ive said it before, after a win, fans usually like to sing at players doing 'the walk-around', picking out goal scorers, MoM etc. NS was struggling to do that yesterday with the speaker volume, surely the players would prefer to hear personal acknowledgement/recognition, the pitch walk is a 2 way thing
Maybe players who don't have a song voted against :)

Win or lose, the players get cheered and individual players get their names chanted.

So Liz, you're telling me that Eddie wants Caroline at the end to dampen the atmosphere are you?

You have to admit, its the worst type of marketing by people who pretend its about creating atmosphere when really its about trying to crush any spontaneity or wit from the fans.

In truth Neil Diamond probably (sadly) fits the, er, demographic of a Bournemouth crowd.

In that case, how about 'I go to Sleep' by The Pretenders. ;-)

We've become the plastic crowd the club wanted.

You have to admit, its the worst type of marketing by people who pretend its about creating atmosphere when really its about trying to crush any spontaneity or wit from the fans.

In truth Neil Diamond probably (sadly) fits the, er, demographic of a Bournemouth crowd.

In that case, how about 'I go to Sleep' by The Pretenders. ;-)

We've become the plastic crowd the club wanted.

I think the trouble is Man United do it, killing the atmosphere at Old Trafford stone dead, and AFCB think its big and clever to follow suit.

Maybe Olly Murs had a word last season.

Neil Diamond when we score next.

Rather alarmingly I found myself humming it this morning before I gave my head a shake. From what I could see the NS did their absolute best to ignore it as usual, the Ted Mac embraced it like a long lost friend in places.

In the MS you could see people using the clappers as the tune was played.

Might be good if the players all joined in as well. :grinning:

Here is the email I have just sent to the club

"The music played at the end of the game yesterday when the players did the lap of honour was dreadful. All the fans around me in the North Stand were appalled. The lap of honour is for SUPPORTERS to applaud the players, chant the names of favourites, and the days goalscorers etc. it is not for their applause and songs to be drowned out by a total dirge of plastic music.
I suggest you ask the players do they want to hear us sing their names or some 1970's song that has nothing to do with the club. It should be stopped."

It has to be this, no contest ..... Seaside
Yes i would go

I think it's a good idea to play it or something everyone agrees on at the start, not bothered at the end to be honest

there is an email address to use.
feedback @afcb.co.uk

At the end a lot of fans were leaving as usual before the final whistle. When the whistle blew there was the usual quick exit towards the tunnel under the MS and out.

I like it .
The round of applause and 20 brief seconds of chanting and board banging after the announcements was as rousing as it got before regardless of the opponents and that quickly dissipated
This is has given an audible improvement since .
Maybe there is a better song but in the meantime I’m sold .

I like it .
The round of applause and 20 brief seconds of chanting and board banging after the announcements was as rousing as it got before regardless of the opponents and that quickly dissipated
This is has given an audible improvement since .
Maybe there is a better song but in the meantime I’m sold .

Before the game perhaps but NOT afterwards

Peole used to moan on here about the MS not joining in, well a number were yesterday before the game with the clappers.

All personal choice, I like the tune,

All together now. :grinning:

;