Sweet Caroline

It appears that Sweet Caroline will become something of an anthem for this period and therefore will be played to death as if it isn't already.

I'm fairly neutral on the song itself but I do quite like the idea that as delighted as Rob Trent is about England's success, on balance this tournament has been a largely negative experience for him given the prevalence of this song. :LOL:

It appears that Sweet Caroline will become something of an anthem for this period and therefore will be played to death as if it isn't already.

I'm fairly neutral on the song itself but I do quite like the idea that as delighted as Rob Trent is about England's success, on balance this tournament has been a largely negative experience for him given the prevalence of this song. :LOL:
@SlowDownDerek looking for another bit of bantz to fill his day. ;-)

Diamond Neil....can sing and and has made some money...penned some excellent if often quirky lyrics , for many other others too.
I think personally, he has done much better stuff than SC....
...but hey come on guys...OK its sweet and cheesy and whatever....but its caught on now ..might as well get with it...albeit very 'tongue in cheek' ........if it makes a lot of people divert their minds from a lot of grim and grief going on ...on this spinning rock !

( it doesnt promise anything 'Coming Home' )..its just open-ended....so good. so good so good ...:throw:
Now dont get too angry Rob T.. maybe just try and sort of 'reach out ' !
:confused:
Actually tbh im quite annoyed with Diamond really....I mean Christ. "touching me, touching you."....social distancing thrown to the dogs !

Last edited:
Diamond Neil....can sing and and has made some money...penned some excellent if often quirky lyrics , for many other others too.
I think personally, he has done much better stuff that SC....
...but hey come on guys...OK its sweet and cheesy and whatever....but its caught on now ..might as well get with it...albeit very 'tongue in cheek' ........if it makes a lot of people divert their minds from a lot of grim and grief going on ...on this spinning rock !

( it doesnt promise anything 'Coming Home' )..its just open-ended....so good. so good so good ...:throw:
Now dont get angry Rob T...justn ' reach out '
:confused:
Actually tbh im quite annoyed with Diamond really....I mean Christ. "touching me, touching you."....social distancing thrown to:the dogs !
Just wait til some people start mentioning consent. ;-)

As I mentioned on the England thread, it took over from the usual one.

Good to see the crowd and players united as one, enjoying themselves singing that great singer Neil Diamond’s song.

It was also a celebration and relief of getting past the semi-finals at last.

Last edited:
As I mentioned on the England thread, it took over from the usual one.

Good to see the crowd and players united as one, enjoying themselves singing that great singer Neil Diamond’s song.

It was also a celebration and relief of getting past the semi-finals at last.

I think your egg needs another couple of minutes to boil Billy …… ;)

I had to laugh when Diamond Neil referred our game as a. ' Sem 'I' Final ' ..as Americans continue to bugger up our language!

Diamond Lil next please ; if we have to endure Americans ....take us all upstairs for a thrill !
( sorry Lord Snooty....I don't really wanna queer your patch...your manor...im just getting primed up for Sunday - :help:)

The other noise on Sunday:

"Eat Al Ya "

Well ..I say to them...'.Eat all ya' .Spag and Spinach sarnies if ya wants to quell Sterlings Energy .
I reckon they will put two on him or whatever to mark him out...but then we have Sako and Kane with more space I guess !
Grealish will get the ' treatment'. when he gets on....

Some intriguing and 'anythings possible ' outcomes for this game.

The Noise will be a huge factor in the first 20 minutes. . and later on if its still close.

;