Talksport

davidwhitehead

Fans' Favourite
That Adrian Durham fella announced at 4pm at the start of the show that they're going to be discussing the question "Eddie Howe, is he any good ?"

I know that he aims to be as provocative as possible, but I think this is just ridiculous.

Should be on live sometime soon.

I'd imagine it would follow their usual moronic modus operandi....'Is the sky grey or is it blue'?

Goughie: looks blue to me

Durham: looks a bit grey to me.....what do the viewes think?

Goughie : on line one we have Dick from Watford

Durham: alright D1ck what's your take on it?

Dick from Watford: I think your totally out of order Durham...the sky is not grey

Durham: I didn't say it WAS grey I said it was a BIT grey....you're totally missing my point

Goughie: Anyway enough of that for the next 2 hours 50 minutes we will be taking about Arsene Wenger

Durham: is he good or a bit cr@p! :Zzzz:

Reactions: drd
Rather like the flood of articles when we got promoted, we're now seeing a spate of similar stuff about our poor run and what this means about Eddie.

Lots too saying similar stuff to Neil about our transfer policy and record but don't tell him! ;-)

Durham hates Bournemouth because we did what his club couldn't. For that reason alone he gives us no credit for what we have achieved.

He was one of the main protagonists and supporters of the argument "we shouldn't be allowed into the PL because of our ground capacity".

The chip on his shoulder about AFCB is bigger than the Atlantic ocean.

TalkSport?.....that is an asylum for the retarded isn't it?

...as for Howe being any good?...well none on that excuse for a radio station have achieved anywhere near what Sir Edward has...

I only listen to it for the blokey adverts for building supplies.

You can't get a job avertising on Talk Sport unless you're cockney geezer.

Their matchday football coverage is way better than radio 5 though.

Lots of lower league coverage, not that I'm interested in that sort of thing of course being a supporter of a 'big' club. . :grin:

Personally I've never given a stuff what any of these people say. It's always hyperbole - Eddie's either the greatest English manager in history or he's clueless and out of his depth. AFCB are either a fairytale rags to riches or a bankrolled sign of all that is wrong with football. The opinions of these outsiders are usually based on little knowledge and knee-jerk reactions because a team that is just ok, which we are, isn't interesting enough. I don't need hyperbole to sell AFCB to me so these people's opinions serve no purpose as far as I'm concerned.

Sadly there are still many people jealous of our participation in the elite 20.

I have 3 Leeds friends who don't know each other collectively, but they all spout the same guff

1. Shouldn't be allowed in the Prem with that ground
2. Leeds are a bigger club than 90% of the Prem
3. EH couldn't handle a big club like leeds.

I prefer TS "types" to the prissy tarts on here

Media has built Eddie up consistently so will be eager to put the boot in. Stupid question is he any good....he has been a genius to get us where we are. Truth is he is a rookie in the Prem so is learning so should be judged like that. Pound for pound he is a better manager than klopp and pep at the moment !!

Can't help thinking of the parallels between end of season collapse last season when safety was ensured and the current predicament when safety was looking highly likely.

Yeah Durham has long had a bee in his bonnet about us/owner/ground/Howe etc. Haven't listened to his show much at all since we got to the PL. His headline of opinion from him is nothing new to our recent run.

Bringing us through the leagues to join what is regarded by many as the best league in the world is something that most managers could only dream of.Asking the question,is he any good?.He has already answered that question with his record.Has he proved himself to be a good premiership manager?Keeping us up last season should answer that question.I don't agree with the cynics that say that it was a particularly poor league last season.The best way of proving the cinycs and doubters wrong is to keep us up this season playing with our same attacking style with a little tweak in our defending.Is Eddie Howe any good?silly question.

red_house - 8/2/2017 19:44

But not good enough for some on here apparently.

It's not that he isn't good, he just signs all the wrong players and picks the wrong players in the wrong positions...

...and keeps trying to get us to play football.

TrevorMorganFanClub - 8/2/2017 19:59

red_house - 8/2/2017 19:44

But not good enough for some on here apparently.

It's not that he isn't good, he just signs all the wrong players and picks the wrong players in the wrong positions...

...and keeps trying to get us to play football.

Its mental innit :crazy:

gotta love the bloke

Durham is there to provoke people, so they get calls, emails and texts, or else they'd have nothing to discuss. Simple as that. He does it nearly every day, as far as I am aware. I haven't listened properly to TS for a while though, it has a few good hosts among a load of fools.

One thing Durham does do, occasionally, is reply to posts on Twitter, so you could easily get into a good ranting session if you wanted :)

Trouble is, leading with a statement like that, just invites the loons to get on board and he'll more than likely use their soundbites than sensible replies. TS is not really known for sensible journalism.

Strange thing with Durham is [ and by the way, he swears blind he doesn't dislike us! ] - when he does the Saturday afternoon scores show, he is totally different and does it well!

The Alchemist - 8/2/2017 17:39

Durham hates Bournemouth because we did what his club couldn't. For that reason alone he gives us no credit for what we have achieved.

He was one of the main protagonists and supporters of the argument "we shouldn't be allowed into the PL because of our ground capacity".

The chip on his shoulder about AFCB is bigger than the Atlantic ocean.

Add to that the fact that their Chairman (the publicity shy and very modest Darragh MacAnthony) made an approach for Eddie, who obviously declined, and suddenly the chip becomes a whole sack of potatoes...

;