Team for Luton

You don’t get why we took off a left back who was on a booking and having a poor game for one who came on and got a goal and an assist? No, that was clearly an awful decision. What planet are you on?
Missed him getting booked. My assesment was Kerkez didn't perform well because the player in front of him was poor. I'm on planet earth not planet ' look at me' like you

Kerkez more at fault for first goal than Neto IMO. Love his tenacity and energy but a bit of a headless chicken at times and I get the feeling he thinks he’s bigger and better than he is. But he is only 20 and has huge potential.

Last edited:
Travers
Smith Zabarnyi Mepham Dango
Semenyo Cook Christie Sini
Unal
Solanke

Time to drop players who haven’t been performing and give opportunities to those who have shown that they might be able to step up. Keeps the core of the team the same so shouldn’t suffer from too many changes.

Don’t think we will start dango over a recognised left back (Kerkez) as much as we should. Neto won’t be dropped either, aside from that probably not far off.

I didn’t think Kerkez was particularly poor. The issue was more that Tav seems to have lost all confidence and wasn’t willing to take on the defender. I wonder if teams have worked him out a bit, as he tends to beat defenders on the same side every time (unlike Sini who will beat you on either side).

It made sense to sub Kerkez as he was on a yellow and Dango is better in the air.

Dango and Sini do seem to have an excellent understanding, but there’s no reason why a Kerkez/Sini pairing shouldn’t be successful too (although Milos is not scoring Dango’s header ever).

From the above, I’d keep Neto in, but drop Christie and Solanke. Both need a rest. Christie plays on with dead leg, the flu, the man is a machine and we can’t play well unless he’s on his full game. Rest him and get him 100%.

Solanke was a slip and a VAR decision away from a brace on Saturday, but again this knee injury worries me, so rest him and give Unal a go whilst he’s on a high from his equaliser.
Surely, the time for rest comes after the Luton game. 17 days is a lot of rest.

Missed him getting booked. My assesment was Kerkez didn't perform well because the player in front of him was poor. I'm on planet earth not planet ' look at me' like you
How the hell did you miss the Kerkez booking? It was in the 10th minute man. By 15 minutes, both of our full backs were on a yellow.

Am excited about this match whatever the result or who plays. It's going to be emotional for both teams and both sets of fans and everything will be in good spirits I think.

...............................Neto (should really be dropped but I think Andoni will stick with him over Travers)
..Smithy......Zabarnyi......Meps.....Kerkez
.........................Cook......Christie
..........Semenyo.....Kluivert.....Sini
.................................Unal

Subs:
Travers
Kinsey-Wellings
Billing
Adams
Scott
Dango (deserves a start I think but think Sini will be preferred and Kerkez has done well enough of late to keep the RB spot).
Tavernier (needs a sunny break somewhere with scuba diving to sort out his head, but the bench will have to do for now).
Faivre
Solanke

Don’t think we will start dango over a recognised left back (Kerkez) as much as we should. Neto won’t be dropped either, aside from that probably not far off.
I don’t think we will either, in the case of Neto I’m certain that he’ll start in fact. Was just the team I wanted. I don’t think he’ll play Unal from the start either tbh but I hope I’m wrong.

Kerkez and Tav have absolutely no chemistry......we all know how important the full back/winger partnership is ....they really do have to be on the same wavelength....... The Sini and Dango pairing we ended the match with looks absolutely terrifying........in a good way.

Kerkez and Tav have absolutely no chemistry......we all know how important the full back/winger partnership is ....they really do have to be on the same wavelength....... The Sini and Dango pairing we ended the match with looks absolutely terrifying........in a good way.
Yes time and time again Kerkez runs outside and past Tav on the overlap looking for the pass and Tav always just turns inside and ignores his run.
Oh and of late, then loses the ball!

Look...it's like this ...

...he puts out 11 dudes on the pitch..all on decent money...

....all wanting to maximise their skills to take their career as far and £√cking high as they can get it .

Ok...and then there are the other 5 on the bench...same hookum!. (old Dorset word?)..

All you want is..from them collectively ..is a full on crack at pummelling the f√cking space between the crossbar and posts ..painted white....a tenacious and pulsating punt at that ...just that for 95 minuten ..f√ck all the rest of the crap !

Then ..and only then are we sated....the result won't always be what we want ..je suis understanding of that . Mon Amis....but we want that effort.

. ...

Look...it's like this ...

...he puts out 11 dudes on the pitch..all on decent money...

....all wanting to maximise their skills to take their career as far and £√cking high as they can get it .

Ok...and then there are the other 5 on the bench...same hookum!. (old Dorset word?)..

All you want is..from them collectively ..is a full on crack at pummelling the f√cking space between the crossbar and posts ..painted white....a tenacious and pulsating punt at that ...just that for 95 minuten ..f√ck all the rest of the crap !

Then ..and only then are we sated....the result won't always be what we want ..je suis understanding of that . Mon Amis....but we want that effort.

. ...
There's 9 on the bench not 5

I've got this awful feeling that we will have yon boy Semenyo going at it like the clappers....but Luton will have 11 'Semenyos' doing the same .

I could be very wrong...but something somehow has triggered that in my head !

does the manager only know how to play 4-2-3-1?

would a 4-1-4-1 formation be the way to go for home games against teams in the bottom half, dispensing with one of the holding midfielders and playing phil and scott behind dom (if he's fit)?

Yup.. Surridge is from Berkshire...

Unal is from Turk 'shire.

That's about ALL we actually fucking know for now ..about any bloody differences !!
And the fact that Ünal has played 87 times for his country across the various age groups

That’s……errr……84 times more than Sam

I'd drop Solanke. We've just played the leagues two worst teams and he's scored zero goals. Obviously he missed the golden of golden chances yesterday but if he's playing with an injury then why are we playing him? If he's playing through the pain barrier then why play him? We have , from what I've seen so far, a good replacement in Unal who is now off the goal scoring mark. He's looked lively, can finish and is stronger in the air than Solanke. Give Solanke a rest, put some faith in the new guy and give him more than half an hour.
Drop Tav. So off form he needs a rest. It seems AI wants him to play himself back into form but at what cost? Again we have a suitable replacement in Sinisterra.
I didn't get the change of Kerkez for Outtarra. If he was whipped off for not performing then I think the guy infront of him was the fault for that. I'm not sure what standard Outtarra is but I'm not convinced it's PL standard , however, he is so unpredictable if we don't what he can do then the opposition have the same problem.
The overall issue for Wednesday is whilst it would be good to be in a position to rotate a few players we can't because of the poor depth we have in some areas, centre mid, centre half and full backs. I'm not convinced Billing has the capacity for the high press energetic style AI wants although he is arguably one of our best players in the squad. I expect a lineup the same as yesterday and a pretty gruelling battle against a well organised Luton side.
Aside from Billing (who, imho, should never play for us again) I pretty much agree with all of that.

;