Team v Bristol City

Garbo

UTC Legend
...look like Brooks and Smith might be back in contention, although I guess Jeff might be out??

Should be able to put out a strong 18...this would be mine (3-5-2)

Begovic

Mepham
Cook
Rico

Stacey
Gosling
L Cook
Brooks
Stanislas

King
Solanke

Bench: Travers/Danjuma/Riquelme/Surridge/Kelly/Billing/Smith

I would prefer not to chop and change things every game if possible.

For me, it’s only fair for Kelly to keep his place in the back three, particularly as he has only played one game, and needs more to get up to speed.

Give Rico another run out at LWB. He has to be better than Smith in that position. Too soon to abandon the experiment after one game, however good Rico is in a back three.

Jeff shouldn’t play as his indicators (whatever they are?) suggest he needs a rest, so no point risking him further aggravating his hamstring.

I would play Danjuma instead of Brooks as like Kelly, he has only come back into the side for one game.

Brooks and Stan to come on to change the game when needed. Brooks to ease back into contention instead of playing from the start, and Stan not robust enough for ninety minutes.

Solanke’s work rate, link up play, finishing etc, although a long way from perfect, means he makes it into my starting eleven.

So I think that means:

Begovic

Mepham
S Cook
Kelly

Stacey
Gosling
L Cook
Danjuma
Rico

Solanke
King

For me, it’s only fair for Kelly to keep his place in the back three, particularly as he has only played one game, and needs more to get up to speed.

Give Rico another run out at LWB. He has to be better than Smith in that position. Too soon to abandon the experiment after one game, however good Rico is in a back three.

Jeff shouldn’t play as his indicators (whatever they are?) suggest he needs a rest, so no point risking him further aggravating his hamstring.

I would play Danjuma instead of Brooks as like Kelly, he has only come back into the side for one game.

Brooks and Stan to come on to change the game when needed. Brooks to ease back into contention instead of playing from the start, and Stan not robust enough for ninety minutes.

Solanke’s work rate, link up play, finishing etc, although a long way from perfect, means he makes it into my starting eleven.

So I think that means:

Begovic

Mepham
S Cook
Kelly

Stacey
Gosling
L Cook
Danjuma
Rico

Solanke
King
...decent line-up but I wonder if JT may not rush Kelly and Danjuma back playing consecutive games close together?

I agree that squad rotation is important and, in fact essential, especially in the Championship, with its hectic schedule.

I was referring more to chopping and changing the positions really. As in only having Rico play once at LWB before reverting back to the back three, or Garbo suggesting using Stan as a LWB.

------------Begovic------------
---Mepham---Cook---Kelly---
Stacey---Cook--Gosling---Rico
-------------Brooks-------------
-------Solanke-------King-------

Maybe something like this. Danjuma or Riquelme off the bench if things are looking spicy. King might not be able to manage another game so quickly so just start Danjuma instead if so. If Brooks still isn't fit, have Stanislas there instead.

Despite their form, I'd revert to the three up front for this one. Especially if Lerma is unavailable.

I'd also continue with the Rico in the left wing back role but be prepared to change it early if it continues to look ineffective.

Solanke to lead the line after his excellent performance from the bench against Watford. Brooks hopefully available to make an impact in a cameo if needed.

Begovic

Mepham
Cook
Kelly

Smith
L Cook
Gosling
Rico

Danjuma
Solanke
Stanislas

Subs:
King
Brooks
Riquelme
Billing
Smith
Simpson
Travers

Imo not think this system is more effective with one central striker and 2 attacking play makers, so I’d go Solanke up front with Stanislas and Brooks just behind him. Billing deserves to keep his place in midfield. The biggest dilemma is what to do if Smith is fit. I hope JT makes the decision to leave a left footer at LWB.

So I think that means:

Begovic

Mepham
S Cook
Kelly

Stacey
Gosling
L Cook
Danjuma
Rico

Solanke
King
Jeff's indicators?

Like a hamstring injury?

Reading through all these suggested lineups, other than Cookie and Jeff [when he's fit], there aren't many nailed on as starters at the moment, is that a strength or a weakness?

Wasn't Requelme's cross for the goal the bit of quality we've been missing in the last few games; lovely little cushioned half-volley right into the danger area. Wonder when he'll get his first start?

I certainly feel that Riquelme needs to get more minutes on the pitch. I think he's worth a second half punt. Let's see if he's really as good as we're led to believe.

Begovic Mepham Cook S Kelly Rico Stacey are nailed on starters
King if fit
Lerma if fit

Some choices to be made for midfield and up front from the fittest of
Gosling Cook L Billing Danjuma Riqueleme Stanisla Brooks
Solanke Surridge

;