Ted shed tent update

The days when football belonged to the working class, until it sold it's soul for a few pieces of silver to 'corporate' money'
No longer were clubs owned by local owner who was a 'fan' who did it for the love of their local team, and looked to make a few bob on the side.
'Corporate money' was really only interested in making as much as they could, from as many as possible, for as little effort as possible, for as long as possible. They basically saw football as a 'sellable commodity' and as such, took the game away from the 'working man' as he obviously had 'less brass' to spend than the 'big boys'.
sponsorship of just about every facet of football, selling of the 'rights' to the game to the highest bidders, meant the game became nothing more than a financial means to an end (PROFIT).
Today, in REAL terms, the 'supporter' is just the smallest 'moneymaker' in terms of income. As such, they don't bother making the supporters welcome, instead, the big 'corporates' and 'sponsors' get the lions share of everything, and we get the leftovers..
'Matchday Experience' Total B/S....
Sadly very true. I'm exactly not the supporter the club doesn't want or need anymore. I buy a ST , don't eat or drink at the stadium and other than a shirt every season spend nothing in the club shop. I've been given a Spurs ticket to sell on and although aware of the price increases and new category system still had to take a moment to digest it costs £41 for a seat in the NS. As much as I understand 'new wave football' as an old dinosaur of a supporter something's are hard to digest.

Last edited:
I've been in the Shed when it first opened. Wasn't my thing. I used to get in the 1910 at about 12.30 on a Saturday and get about 8 pints in before KO as there was table space, gave up on that place quite a few years ago and went to the Portman, sadly closed so now it is the QP. I have to be honest it's dreadful but it's the only pub within 10 mins.
8 pints?

Fcking lightweight.

Its pretty sad when the poster on here is advocating we spend millions on a new striker, but when the club want to increase revenue its shot down, with where can I meet my mate for a beer. Well there's a few pubs in Bournemouth, there's the concourse and supposedly a new area being put together in the south stand area.
Some people need to get a life
All jokes aside, the poster is just a whinging idiot.
Dead in the head.

These kind of comments aren’t really necessary are they? Play the post not the poster.

Sure there’s a debate to be had over if the poster really wants a new striker then how is it funded. Perhaps ask the poster which they would prefer? I don’t want to speak on their behalf but have we really moved so far beyond what a football club is all about that it now gets abuse?

The football club is about its community, often a bunch of people with no common interests or similarities than a love for the club. They may have made these friends at a game, only meet up with these people at games, every couple of weeks, have probably sat and drank together for years. Sit together in the stands, may have travelled the country supporting the team together, their escape from normal life.

There will be people who use that bar before and after a game for years. I know I did for a while. Just as I did with the Portman. I don’t now due to having a little one in tow, but others have had that option taken away. I may have started using it again in the future, who knows.

Yes it’s a sign of the times and it makes perfect financial sense to the new owners, just as raising season ticket prices, match day prices, junior cherries membership doubled, £65 for a home shirt, £114 for a kids full kit with numbers, training kit now the same price as what a kit used to be etc etc.

That on top of anyone other than top tier points members being guaranteed a ticket, fewer seats available, those who can get a ticket having to move from where they have regularly sat and may not be sat with who they go regularly with anymore. People who went to every game last season but the evening games and one or two others now not being able to get tickets at all if they miss out in the cherries Tuesday bun fight.

The regular match goer is taking somewhat of a kicking at the moment. Every element of their “match day experience” is changing.

I'm sure Jim and co don't realise (why would they unless advised) that this will be the second time a supporter social facility has been taken away from us now. The first being the other area downstairs that's now a media room IIRC. It's poor of AFCB old and new.

You can keep reconfiguring and revamping the current stadium footprint until the cows come home, it'll never be up to scratch any longer. IF this is a step closer to giving the club the confidence to build anew, then I can grudgingly put up with it for the greater good.

I will give the new Ted Shed Tent a go when it's ready, don't knock it till you've tried it and all that. And I'm sure the QP will enjoy a much needed little bump in sales also.

These kind of comments aren’t really necessary are they? Play the post not the poster.

Sure there’s a debate to be had over if the poster really wants a new striker then how is it funded. Perhaps ask the poster which they would prefer? I don’t want to speak on their behalf but have we really moved so far beyond what a football club is all about that it now gets abuse?

The football club is about its community, often a bunch of people with no common interests or similarities than a love for the club. They may have made these friends at a game, only meet up with these people at games, every couple of weeks, have probably sat and drank together for years. Sit together in the stands, may have travelled the country supporting the team together, their escape from normal life.

There will be people who use that bar before and after a game for years. I know I did for a while. Just as I did with the Portman. I don’t now due to having a little one in tow, but others have had that option taken away. I may have started using it again in the future, who knows.

Yes it’s a sign of the times and it makes perfect financial sense to the new owners, just as raising season ticket prices, match day prices, junior cherries membership doubled, £65 for a home shirt, £114 for a kids full kit with numbers, training kit now the same price as what a kit used to be etc etc.

That on top of anyone other than top tier points members being guaranteed a ticket, fewer seats available, those who can get a ticket having to move from where they have regularly sat and may not be sat with who they go regularly with anymore. People who went to every game last season but the evening games and one or two others now not being able to get tickets at all if they miss out in the cherries Tuesday bun fight.

The regular match goer is taking somewhat of a kicking at the moment. Every element of their “match day experience” is changing.
DJ is the J Henderson of Bournemouth.

Postures away about what's right and wrong, then sells his soul to the devil for a few quid.

DJ removed a post, that wasn't illegal, claimed it had then been moved to 'another forum' after complaints.

Where is this 'other forum' DJ.

Doesn't exist does it?

Theres democracy for you kids.

Cancel culture.

DJ removed a post, that wasn't illegal, claimed it had then been moved to 'another forum' after complaints.

Doesn't exist does it?

Cancel culture.
Just for clarity as dragon has opted to take this away from the direct messages.

Dragon made a post, it received complaints, as it broke the T&C and guidelines (available to read at the top of the forum), it was removed.

The vital system informed dragon that the post has been moved to another forum, this other forum is private, not visible to guests and registered users. It’s there in case of the (very rare) requirement by police or legal to view any posts that have received a complaint.

DJ is the J Henderson of Bournemouth.

Postures away about what's right and wrong, then sells his soul to the devil for a few quid.

Doesn't exist does it?

Cancel culture.

Why are you so horrible to people?

Just got clarity as dragon has opted to take this away from the direct messages.

Dragon made a post, it received complaints, as it broke the T&C and guidelines (available to read at the top of the forum), it was removed.

The vital system informed dragon that the post has been moved to another forum, this other forum is private, not visible to guests and registered users. It’s there in case of the (very rare) requirement by police or legal to view any posts that have received a complaint.

You're telling us there's a secret forum that is full of Brian and dragonm8's banned material?

Going back to the Ted Shed Tent, Yeovil had something similar behind their main stand and it was OK. Bit like being at a festival but with more cider and less patchouli oil.

Where's the best Belgian beer to be had at near the stadium? When I come over eventually, only kind of beer I will be interested in as its the best:cool:
The best Belgian beer is probably in Bruges.

Go into a proper English pub and ask for a pint of cask ale - preferably not Doom Bar.

It might take time getting used to the taste, but stick with it - it is worth it in the end.

;