Ted shed tent update

I think you are missing the point somewhat.

I'm trying to point out the absurdity of the argument that you can justify a seat in the Ted Shed + "stadium food offerings" for £139, because that will convince potential investors that AFCB will have a viable hospitality business in a new, expanded stadium.

It may well be that the pies and burgers in the Ted Tent will be succulent and that the lager will be delicious, but that is hardly the point, is it ?

To deliberately restrict normal ticket sales and push people towards buying Ted Shed packages at £139 each is shameful, in my view. And it's grossly disingenuous to claim that this is some kind of marketing exercise.
delicious lager? I doubt it!

They are kind of missing the hospitality point. People in this area that have a spare 140 quid to watch the PE teachers return won’t be wanting a luke warm can of inches and a cheese and onion pie stood next to someone with a fading old cherry badge tattoo.

They will be expecting pulled pork bao buns, with organic quinoa washed down with a lightly chilled Gewürztraminer next to someone with an ironic fresh anchor tattoo behind their ear and a man bun.

Some people in for a shock…

People putting it on their business expenses probably aren't all that fussy.

See my post on the Jim thread I don’t think there’s much business expensing demand for clubs like us

I would have thought it's just a few local firms looking to go to the odd game who aren't all that bothered by the cost if they can write it off rather than international fans flying in to watch AFCB Vs Burnley for multinational firms. Either way the club aren't going to leave the seats empty are they so Jim will get a feel for demand across all types of game, which is the point is it not?

I would have thought it's just a few local firms looking to go to the odd game who aren't all that bothered by the cost if they can write it off rather than international fans flying in to watch AFCB Vs Burnley for multinational firms. Either way the club aren't going to leave the seats empty are they so Jim will get a feel for demand across all types of game, which is the point is it not?
How do you write it off?

How do you write it off?

Well I'm no tax expert but if you fancy going to a game with a mate/client but don't have enough points you could put it through as a business expense and it suddenly becomes much cheaper.

I'm sure there are all sorts of sizes of firm that might look at it.

I just want to thank the ticket holder who sold me his ticket today through the club resale platform. It helps me build up my points, gets a Cherry supporter in the seats, gets him or her their money back…win/win. Now I get to get soaked, sick and get to watch our glorious victory today! ST holders who can’t go to a game, please sell through the resale platform so we can keep Dean Court full of Cherries and not opposition fans!
it’s great and I use this to pass on my ST when not used but the majority of times we can’t go it’s on the day we realise due to travel issue or illness (my wife has long covid so sometimes not well enough to travel from London). How ever club don’t want to know unless it’s 2 days before so tickets go unused.

I am not looking for money back but just recycle the ticket. Tried to give a ticket back for Tottenham at 9 ish on the day of the game but the TO said it was too late.

Seems odd to me

How do you write it off?
As in the business pays for it as "client entertainment".
It not tax deductible for the business but it can avoid a lot of the tax around salary. If your business made 110k profit and you paid yourself the cash in wages the difference between 100k and 110k in take home pay is 3k.
If you put the 10k through as client entertainment it's 8k (20% corp tax)

I've never been fortunate enough to be in the position to do it but I've seen it happen a lot.

1962 Matchday Experience'...something like this...
Turn up at DC with shilling, circa 6d for a programme - pay said shilling to Thomas the Turnstile man who didn't lean out and frisk your parts...into the South End ..up some steps...down the other side onto the concrete terracing.....onto the railings... Ken Bailey didn't frisk your 10 years old parts thank f√ck ..but told you 2-1 the score ... brass band rocks it with "76 trombones" ...smell of linament coming off Billy Coxon and Ray Bumsteads legs in the warm up...
.. Notts Countys Tony Hateley sticks one past Dave Best....Bryn Jones gets sent off... "oh oh what a referee" rings out from the main stand...Alex Bain gets an equalizer.. Coxons rasping grass cutter thunderbolt from 35 yards scatters Notts defenders like ten pins and goes in off the post for the winner..off home with Dad in the Morris Oxford...to watch Champion the Wonder Horse in black and white on a 14 inch TV.

Turn up at DC with shilling, circa 6d for a programme - pay said shilling to Thomas the Turnstile man who didn't lean out and frisk your parts...into the South End ..up some steps...down the other side onto the concrete terracing.....onto the railings... Ken Bailey didn't frisk your 10 years old parts thank f√ck ..but told you 2-1 the score ... brass band rocks it with "76 trombones" ...smell of linament coming off Billy Coxon and Ray Bumsteads legs in the warm up...
.. Notts Countys Tony Hateley sticks one past Dave Best....Bryn Jones gets sent off... "oh oh what a referee" rings out from the main stand...Alex Bain gets an equalizer.. Coxons rasping grass cutter thunderbolt from 35 yards scatters Notts defenders like ten pins and goes in off the post for the winner..off home in the Morris Oxford...to watch Champion the Wonder Horse.
Then go home, pick up the late sports paper, watch two games on MOTD and the Big Match the day after, then forget about football for the rest of the week.

.. Notts Countys Tony Hateley sticks one past Dave Best....Bryn Jones gets sent off... "oh oh what a referee" rings out from the main stand...Alex Bain gets an equalizer.. Coxons rasping grass cutter thunderbolt from 35 yards scatters Notts defenders like ten pins and goes in off the post for the winner..off home with Dad in the Morris Oxford...to watch Champion the Wonder Horse in black and white on a 14 inch TV.

Bryn Jones, tough tackler and a very good left back.

Bryn Jones, tough tackler and a very good left back.
Yeah best I ever saw up until I guess.. Daniels !

Bryn started as a left winger at Swansea in the mid-fifties but his brother Cliff turned out better so he ended up there as a left- half or left back before coming to DC.

;