Ted shed tent update

Do you know that as a FACT? There definitely used to be far more than that in there on a busy day.

It’s the number quoted by Jim Frevola.

I agree I’ve been in there with probably double that number, I was also on the terrace at Exeter that evening with a number that also far exceeded the quoted “capacity”. :)

My guess is that 250 would be the “capacity” with everyone seated.

I just love the fact that we're a PL club with a very wealthy owner that has a tent to drink in. A tent ! It's just so..well...Yeovil. It's going to be luxurious in the winter ! We could hire it out to Billy Smart, for those weekends that it's not being used, for extra income !

I just love the fact that we're a PL club with a very wealthy owner that has a tent to drink in. A tent ! It's just so..well...Yeovil. It's going to be luxurious in the winter ! We could hire it out to Billy Smart, for those weekends that it's not being used, for extra income !
Here’s a suggestion - don’t use it, don’t go in, don’t buy a beer or go in hospitality. If there’s no market for the ‘Tent experience’ it will flop and that will be that. I’d think there will be sufficient take up to make it work but I’m ambivalent either way. The Club are taking short term temporary measures to do what they can to grow the business while planning a new Stadium. I see only positives in that. In a week where we’ve attracted new investment from the Chicago Bears people - who will be looking at income growth and projections I doubt they were concerned about whether the new facilities have an Axminster carpet and chesterfield sofas.
The embarrassment is a very small Stadium - not the short term measures that will help us achieve a new one.

Here’s a suggestion - don’t use it, don’t go in, don’t buy a beer or go in hospitality. If there’s no market for the ‘Tent experience’ it will flop and that will be that. I’d think there will be sufficient take up to make it work but I’m ambivalent either way. The Club are taking short term temporary measures to do what they can to grow the business while planning a new Stadium. I see only positives in that. In a week where we’ve attracted new investment from the Chicago Bears people - who will be looking at income growth and projections I doubt they were concerned about whether the new facilities have an Axminster carpet and chesterfield sofas.
The embarrassment is a very small Stadium - not the short term measures that will help us achieve a new one.
I won't be drinking in there (y) and I'm not embarrassed by our stadium.

Decades long fans can't get near a North Stand turnstile without a search that a prison guard would think excessive.

At the same time the club implement a scheme that carries a high risk of away fans mixing in home areas with home fans after hours of non stop boozing.

Seems to me the club's risk assessment register needs some work.

Spot on. Also, there are loads of tent like structures at PL grounds. That's what fan zones are.

I thought it was going to be like a normal concourse but in a tent so beer for the Ted Mac, with the £139 lot separated off. Will find out on Saturday I guess.

It'll be very interesting to see how this plays out.

So, there will be 2 tents, pretty much the same size, right ? One is free to enter, the other costs £139 to get in, with unlimited "stadium food" and beer, spirits, etc.

Let's say, and I'm being very generous here, that the average punter spends £30 per match on beer and food. Given that you can buy beer in the tent, and then walk across to the Shed to buy your stadium food, why on earth would you pay £139 to get into the hospitality tent ? (i.e. roughly £70 over the odds after you've factored in the ticket cost)

Or do they give you a special lanyard with "VIP Hospitality" or something written on it, just to make you feel a bit special ?
You are paying for access to the ticket, with 1 point.

Exactly this! I will be using it over the season, up to everyone if its something for them, but for many, its the only way of getting tickets (or extra tickets for family).

Spot on. Also, there are loads of tent like structures at PL grounds. That's what fan zones are.
I take your point, but bear in mind they tend to be family zones. For example kids entertainment, a mascot wondering around, face painting, music, snacks and a bar for dad. That's how they're marketed - mixed fans but family friendly.

;