That Third Relegation Spot

Down to 9 points, after Arsenal and City it will around 6 points and with our away form we'll be dragged back into it.

Had Saints won today we would've stayed 11 clear but that didn't stop some mongs saying at least Saints lost to Cardiff on the match thread.

At this stage last season the bottom three were:

Stoke 24 points
Huddersfield 24 points
WBA 20 points

AFCB were in 9th place with 31 points, 7 points off a relegation spot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42842342

This season:

Saints 24 points
Fulham 17 points
Huddersfield 11 points

AFCB are in 11th spot on 33 points.

Leicester could go above us if they pick up a point today against Spurs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league

Down to 9 points, after Arsenal and City it will around 6 points and with our away form we'll be dragged back into it.

Had Saints won today we would've stayed 11 clear but that didn't stop some mongs saying at least Saints lost to Cardiff on the match thread.

You should put a bet on then, can get up to 250/1 on us to go down now. We literally only need 1 win at the most, even just a couple of draws will probably be enough.

Next 3;games are very tough but we have a decent run and the opportunity to pick up the required points after that. We should also have Brooks and Wilson back in time for those winnable games which will give everyone a massive lift and boost. We definitely are not the same without them. We may also see L Cook back as well although we'll then be relying on Eddie picking him over Surman or Gosling. Tough few weeks but nothing to get worries about.

Cant see Lewis Cook making any difference....we lose as many games with him and Lerma in the team as we do with the others.....people just cant see that can they! I find it quite hilarious how 'stars' get so easily established at our club due to Hype from on this forum! Others get so easily cast in the Scapegoat role.....its quite Incredible!

Next 3;games are very tough but we have a decent run and the opportunity to pick up the required points after that. We should also have Brooks and Wilson back in time for those winnable games which will give everyone a massive lift and boost. We definitely are not the same without them. We may also see L Cook back as well although we'll then be relying on Eddie picking him over Surman or Gosling. Tough few weeks but nothing to get worries about.

This is the bigger picture. Once we get to the start of March, the fixture list starts to open up for us bit more. Brooks and Wilson will be back, Solanke more up to speed, Clyne is also immediately clear to play the rest of the season.

Even *if* we went as close as six points to the bottom three, can anyone here seriously not see us winning another couple of games this season, at least? I'll still be looking for us to match our best points tally and finish top half.

I also can't see Cardiff keeping this run up, I don't see the others down there suddenly putting amazing runs together when they haven't all season so far.

Just waiting for you know who to suggest we could still be pulled in.

Here you are from the OHEC

cherrybright 9th February 9:00 pm

Unfortunately, the expected outcome today. What the hell did anybody expect with Wilson, Brooks, Clyne, Stanislas, Daniels all missing and with a half fit Lerma ???

The worst possible scenario was Cardiff winning at Southanmpton of which has now cut our points cushion down to 9 points from the bottom three. With both Arsenal and Man City to play, both of which will more than likely end in defeats, we could be facing a
relegation battle by the end of these two games. Additionally, Wolves will not be an easy game with the player we have unavailable.

Be very afraid ladies and gentleman, this injury crisis is going to cost unless we pull something out of the bag very quickly.

Here you are from the OHEC

cherrybright 9th February 9:00 pm

Unfortunately, the expected outcome today. What the hell did anybody expect with Wilson, Brooks, Clyne, Stanislas, Daniels all missing and with a half fit Lerma ???

The worst possible scenario was Cardiff winning at Southanmpton of which has now cut our points cushion down to 9 points from the bottom three. With both Arsenal and Man City to play, both of which will more than likely end in defeats, we could be facing a
relegation battle by the end of these two games. Additionally, Wolves will not be an easy game with the player we have unavailable.

Be very afraid ladies and gentleman, this injury crisis is going to cost unless we pull something out of the bag very quickly.

Out of interest, have any of the poor souls that post on the Echo comments sussed that Minty and Cherrybright (cherry blight more like) are in fact one and the same?

Cant see Lewis Cook making any difference....we lose as many games with him and Lerma in the team as we do with the others.....people just cant see that can they! I find it quite hilarious how 'stars' get so easily established at our club due to Hype from on this forum! Others get so easily cast in the Scapegoat role.....its quite Incredible!
Not hyping him up. I thought , before his injury, he and Lerma looked good in the middle and our best midfield partnership. Oh, and hardly easily established.i think he's gone through a lot here to get consistent game time

Not hyping him up. I thought , before his injury, he and Lerma looked good in the middle and our best midfield partnership. Oh, and hardly easily established.i think he's gone through a lot here to get consistent game time

Im just reflecting on the general Hype , not anyone in particular...I just cant see anything special regarding Lewis or Jeff.....not yet any way.....or much wrong with Gosling...and Surman for me is a class above! Just a pity he is 32 ..not 27 ish.

Do you get all excited when you use that word? No, not Saints.

Do you get all excited when you use that word? No, not Saints.

I would like RR to come on here and actually explain what He means by the word or from where or what context he has borrowed it from ...to give him the chance to disassociate it with anything hurtful or insulting...and if it is from a source that we suspect it might be, then we can possibly politely try to educate him as to why its not nice or appropriate!
A few months back I discovered a young chap stood outside the local library crying...with two teenage schoolgirls taunting him with the M word...I managed , with great difficulty to get him laughing and smiling again...and took him back into the library where he worked part time. He was known to me as id helped at a local disabled facility called the Echo Centre where over a long period we had built up his confidence to enable employment...only for these stupid girls to undo it somewhat...he had previously encountered a similar session of bullying which I was aware of.
I was able to find out the girls names..and the Deputy H/ master at their school dealt with them with their parents in attendance.
Its a word used mainly in a stupid associative context...so if your reading this RR. please stop using it and pass the message to others.
The people that are sometimes daftly referred to by the M word have much to offer society when given care, time and opportunity!

I would like RR to come on here and actually explain what He means by the word or from where or what context he has borrowed it from ...to give him the chance to disassociate it with anything hurtful or insulting...and if it is from a source that we suspect it might be, then we can possibly politely try to educate him as to why its not nice or appropriate!
A few months back I discovered a young chap stood outside the local library crying...with two teenage schoolgirls taunting him with the M word...I managed , with great difficulty to get him laughing and smiling again...and took him back into the library where he worked part time. He was known to me as id helped at a local disabled facility called the Echo Centre where over a long period we had built up his confidence to enable employment...only for these stupid girls to undo it somewhat...he had previously encountered a similar session of bullying which I was aware of.
I was able to find out the girls names..and the Deputy H/ master at their school dealt with them with their parents in attendance.
Its a word used mainly in a stupid associative context...so if your reading this RR. please stop using it and pass the message to others.
The people that are sometimes daftly referred to by the M word have much to offer society when given care, time and opportunity!
Well done and well said, Bill. :clap:

Nice words but I think you're wasting effort. Residue Red is just trying to be outrageous just for the sake of it.

Yep . Im in the camp of being most wound by that game as I can remember ..to be honest it took the gloss off of the whole season for me ....realizing the amount of “I really don’t want Southampton to go down “ posters on here was also pretty disturbing .

At this stage last season the bottom three were:

Stoke 24 points
Huddersfield 24 points
WBA 20 points

AFCB were in 9th place with 31 points, 7 points off a relegation spot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42842342

This season:

Saints 24 points
Fulham 17 points
Huddersfield 11 points

AFCB are in 11th spot on 33 points.

Leicester could go above us if they pick up a point today against Spurs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league

Very interesting to see this. Just goes to show how far those bottom 2 are adrift and unlikely to pull it around.

;