The Abuse of Kelly v3

When he was subbed, he wasn't booed, but a large cheer and applause. I don't agree with it, he was poor, but no more so than most of hi team mates today.
Large??? I didn't hear anything large from our fans today.
fair play to the happy hammers, their fans were entertaining.

If you boo or have booed our team or any of our players at any point don’t bother fucking coming to any games. Honestly what is the point, we are there to support the team how is that ever going to help. I’ve been reading this forum for around 11/12 years but rarely ever comment but people booing Kelly and booing at HT/FT literally do one! We defended very poorly in the first half for 3 crosses (2 corners, 1 in play cross) and that is the difference. It’s fine margins in football and we didn’t honestly play that badly today attacking wise but West Ham were very organised and Moyes is a Wiley old fox and knew to stop us through the middle. Also as I’m posting probably my 1 post every 2 years the negativity around O’Neill and the whole sack the manger culture in general in football nowadays is a joke. O’Neill has done a great job this season with (on paper) the worst squad in the league before the end of the January window and Dec/Jan time when we did have a massive dip in form/performances without key players like Tavs and Dom. Since Jan with players back fit and new signings we have had mid table form. Yes it is frustrating that we are very poor at defending set pieces but he has got a lot right and deserves a lot of credit. I honestly thinking that around 90% of managers we would have got in otherwise would not have done a better job. Just really don’t like how a lot of our “fans” act now!
Bless

I could hear it a lot in the East Stand. It's pathetic.
Why single him out when the entire defence was :poop:?
He was no worse than Mepham, Stephens or Smith.

Well four posters on here who sit central north stand heard nothing. So sorry if I don't agree with you.

I’m not saying YOU had to hear it. You’re the one saying “four people confirmed it didn’t happen”. I DID hear it, and so did the people near me. I don’t like it when individuals are booed, I think it’s embarrassing. That’s all there is to it.

I’m back row of NS and didn’t hear the booing that others have mentioned.
But I was asleep.

It wasn’t literal booing, it was the sarcastic jeering when he was subbed off that I was referring to (alongside the usual comments and intense abuse reserved only for Kelly it seems). Booing is quicker to type than “sarcastic jeering”, but this seems to be tripping everyone up.

Lots of people apparently didn’t pick up on it across the ground. I didn’t think it would cause this much of a debate tbh. If you didn’t hear it then fair enough.

Bad day for the team and some fans who left on 70 mins…
The whole team under performed and we’re lacking the quality required to pressure an accomplished West Ham side…
We are still in the mix but in a good position still to stay up…
But today we looked distinctly Championship especially defensively gifted three goal to them
Yes Kelly was poor in the main but not much worse than the others in the team…
Bad day but we must push on and train to defend set pieces better!

I’m not saying YOU had to hear it. You’re the one saying “four people confirmed it didn’t happen”. I DID hear it, and so did the people near me. I don’t like it when individuals are booed, I think it’s embarrassing. That’s all there is to it.
That's cleared that up.

It wasn’t literal booing, it was the sarcastic jeering when he was subbed off that I was referring to (alongside the usual comments and intense abuse reserved only for Kelly it seems). Booing is quicker to type than “sarcastic jeering”, but this seems to be tripping everyone up.

Lots of people apparently didn’t pick up on it across the ground. I didn’t think it would cause this much of a debate tbh. If you didn’t hear it then fair enough.

I just think you were confused. Or it was the person next to you whispering in your ear becuase there was nothing in the middle of the North Stand.

He was jeered off. Was a strong contingent in the north stand.
Yep it was I'm afraid. No worse than others. I would say only Mepham Smith Christie showed anything in first half. Slightly better 2nd half but when we need to recycle the ball quickly lerma in particular and billing are not the answer
Very disappointing day against an equally poor side IMHO but we will be ok

I just think you were confused. Or it was the person next to you whispering in your ear becuase there was nothing in the middle of the North Stand.

I’m not even questioning your experience, so why you are sitting there and questioning mine? I heard what I heard, as did many others, and you didn’t, as did many others. Let’s just leave it there and leave the patronising attitude with it. Thanks.

I’ve changed the thread title from booing to abuse, so hopefully that clears it up a bit more and stops people gaslighting me and calling me a c***.

I enjoy this forum but sometimes it can really be a slog.

;