The Abuse of Kelly v3

I think he is a good player who is having a tricky patch in his development, when he first arrived he was the zippiest passer into midfield.
Last season he seemed to have been encouraged to keep it safe and usually passed back or sideways all the time. Hopefully he just needs a few games to get his confidence back because I agree with you he used to be very good going forward but Saturday his passing was godawful. I'm hoping he's going to get a chance to play himself into form in the next couple of games.

I don't think we spend this much effort trying to find fault for goals by other players.
I'm actually enjoying the discussion... Why shouldn't we debate Spur's first goal and how we see it could have played out with our Champ manager hats on :)

From what I can see, 99% of the comments of late are not lambasting anyone unnecessarily, just commenting on who folks feel is in the wrong position... It is a football discussion forum after all...

Would rather this than the usual in-fighting that can take over this place...

I'm actually enjoying the discussion... Why shouldn't we debate Spur's first goal and how we see it could have played out with our Champ manager hats on :)

From what I can see, 99% of the comments of late are not lambasting anyone unnecessarily, just commenting on who folks feel is in the wrong position... It is a football discussion forum after all...

Of course we also need to understand how we can get our midfield players beyond the opposition's midfield

I'm sure AR and the players are analysing who is at fault for the goals and how to stop it happening again too. At least you'd hope so.

I actually agree with that I think the discussion is great.....but it's only come about in the context of targeting Kelly. It has been good to highlight others who could of done better for those picking on him. Twitter is much worse than here.

I remember live thinking Christie was the wrong side of Bissouma on the first goal giving him the space to start the dangerous situation.

I remember live thinking Christie was the wrong side of Bissouma on the first goal giving him the space to start the dangerous situation.
That was exactly my reaction too, possibly harsh but if Christie didn't get turned the attack would have been slowed down. This is anti-Christie as all players make mistakes and Spurs are a good team who took advantage

I actually agree with that I think the discussion is great.....but it's only come about in the context of targeting Kelly. It has been good to highlight others who could of done better for those picking on him. Twitter is much worse than here.

That's an excellent point. Easy to forget this a team game and it's almost never one players fault for anything. As I have said previously, we are nowhere near being a cohesive unit yet. Until that happens we are going to give away soft goals. We have to grin and bear it, not p1ss the bed. With a bit of luck the promised land is just over the horizon.

Value has nothing to do with fee. Kelly captained us back into the PL which earned the club 200m…

He is a better player than Senesi. Don’t ask me, look what managers do when he is fit and not needed at left back.

He may have been more expensive but he is far better value. Just like Maddison at 40m is better value than Hamed Traore at 25m

is there any narrative you wont attempt to twist to suit your all-post-howe-signings-are-shIte diatribe?

quite pathetic

is there any narrative you wont attempt to twist to suit your all-post-howe-signings-are-shIte diatribe?

quite pathetic
Taverniers excellent, I like the look of Kerkez. You just only see what you want to see.

What was interesting is we’ve signed 14 forward players on loan or permanently since Eddie left and Andoni started the season with the only three that weren’t. Solanke, Anthony and Brooks. So don’t take my word for how generally poor our signings have been and knocking on 200m spent….

Kelly (+ 1/2 yard) and Aarons are in the perfect position in that scenario.
You think? The previous photo ( looking from the Ted she's so to speak not the side on view) shows how far away they are from the two spurs players. 5 or 6 yds each. We have 3 players in a line no more than 10 yards between them. Far too narrow for me. Spurs had so many options they could have passed to.

Taverniers excellent, I like the look of Kerkez. You just only see what you want to see.

What was interesting is we’ve signed 14 forward players on loan or permanently since Eddie left and Andoni started the season with the only three that weren’t. Solanke, Anthony and Brooks. So don’t take my word for how generally poor our signings have been and knocking on 200m spent….

He also started with Senesi as centreback. Ergo... he thinks Senesi is the best we have?

Thats how the logic works doesnt it?

Or is it only the last game that matters..Im confused becuase didnt Kluivert and Semenyo start? So he thinks they are better than Brooks and Anthony.

My brains going to explode working through your logic Neil...

why are you even bothering to do the maths?
they're all cherries players, end of discussion

as I said, pathetic, and increasingly embarrassing

Yes but some forward players have been injured and subsequently he's dropped Anthony and brooks.
It's a pointless argument, we have a squad, so all will get a chance, to base some strange argument on who he picks in game one, is very strange.

Your use of logic should be illegal. It's why your posts irritate me so much. I mean just look at the state of it. How many of these were available for selection? It's just so completely disingenuous.

;