The Ashes

Never ceases to amaze me how many people make assumptions on how it stands after two sessions on the first day of a five day test.

It’s invariably the same people who love test cricket for the ebb and flow… :)
Absolutely DJ, thats the beauty of it - the ebb and flow. Not long after lunch the Aussies must have been ecstatic, not so much now. I would just love to see a fullish 5 days.

An interesting question from Collymore on twitter

If it was through a Bournemouth lens, perhaps the championship winning season and into the early prem seasons Eddie Howe teams?

I'll agree with you if we win the Ashes, but as an eternal pessimist I'll suggest 04/05. We scored loads, conceded loads, played some really exciting football, but ultimately we fell short.

I like the suggestion of Kevin Keegan on acid in that Twitter thread. Kevin Keegan thinking he's about 11 feet tall and can't fit through the doorway of his mate's living room, so he's stuck there for the next 12 hours. At least that's what I imagine being on acid is like...

Weather is likely to shorten game time. Maybe that's part of the equation. Bold move to try and win it perhaps.

Like many of you I do t get the declaration. If we were playing a lesser team then I’d get it but an extra 50 or so runs could be vital
I’ve watched and played a fair amount of cricket and I can’t ever remember a first innings declaration on day 1. Bewildering really

;