The Booing of Individual Players

Was watching on the stream and was embarrassed by it.

Has happened before though and to the same player ,he is just the scapegoat unfortunately.

I was only listening on the radio. Was it aimed at Lloyd Kelly following the goal he tried to play offside but Adam Smith was too deep?

Pretty widespread from what I saw/heard

I dont get down very often these days, but I cant remember as much crowd discontent during a game for a very very long time.

I think what hacked a lot of people around me off was Kelly looking like he was blaming Travers for the 4th

I was only listening on the radio. Was it aimed at Lloyd Kelly following the goal he tried to play offside but Adam Smith was too deep?
I don't think he tried to play him offside he just wasn't aware that anyone was around him, he casually let it roll back to travers

Pretty widespread from what I saw/heard

I dont get down very often these days, but I cant remember as much crowd discontent during a game for a very very long time.

I think what hacked a lot of people around me off was Kelly looking like he was blaming Travers for the 4th
In his defense, he may have needed a shout from Travers. That would have been fair to point out to him.

Kelly was getting loads of abuse last week too

Yep lots of people around me slagging off every touch vs Palace. Then conspicuously silent when he puts in a great challenge. He's just getting back his match sharpness FFS and is surrounded by others just as low on confidence. He needs support. If you can't be bothered to support him when he does something positive then just STFU.

For me Kelly just doesn't cut it at Centre Back or Captain but could be a pretty good option at Right Left Back.
I didn't boo him btw, I wasn't there, but I did shout "man-on" at the screen I was watching the stream on when their 4th went in! Why didn't Travers?

Last edited:
I don't think he tried to play him offside he just wasn't aware that anyone was around him, he casually let it roll back to travers

Looked like he stepped out to play offside then reacted slowly to the man behind him.

One of many errors today, Senesi and Lewis Cook in particularly also punished with a goal.

Looked like he stepped out to play offside then reacted slowly to the man behind him.

One of many errors today, Senesi and Lewis Cook in particularly also punished with a goal.
our team has been full of individual errors for a few years now, is it we're asking too many to do what they are not comfortable doing

our team has been full of individual errors for a few years now, is it we're asking too many to do what they are not comfortable doing
If Lewis Cook isn't comfortable playing out, then I've no idea what his game is supposed to be.

Kelly and Senesi I grant you, they have the option of going longer, depending on what's happening in front of them. Which often isn't enough.

For as much as I don't think GON is the man for the job, he can't help so many basic individual errors from players once they cross that white line.

A confidence thing? If you're a bit down you take a fraction longer to execute the pass whilst you overthink it. That plays a part in today I think.

We're in a real mess.

Though back to the OP, certainly wouldn't condone booing individuals.

For me Kelly just doesn't cut it at Centre Back or Captain but could be a pretty good option at Right Back.
I didn't boo him btw, I wasn't there, but I did shout "man-on" at the screen I was watching the stream on when their 4th went in! Why didn't Travers?
Surely you mean left back?

Idk what the solution is to the teams problems, and I know that as much as I personally hate it, people booing is to be expected.

I can’t stand the jeering of Kelly. It’s absolutely embarrassing. He did what 3 other players did and was booed every time he got on the ball. It’s fucking pathetic.

If Lewis Cook isn't comfortable playing out, then I've no idea what his game is supposed to be.

Kelly and Senesi I grant you, they have the option of going longer, depending on what's happening in front of them. Which often isn't enough.

For as much as I don't think GON is the man for the job, he can't help so many basic individual errors from players once they cross that white line.

A confidence thing? If you're a bit down you take a fraction longer to execute the pass whilst you overthink it.

We're in a real mess.

Though back to the OP, certainly wouldn't condone booing individuals.
but under howe, tindell, woodgate, Parker and now GON we have a number of indivual errors leading to goals and there have been from teams high on confidence and low on confidence so is it down to the players we recruited (before anyone jumps on the hughes/blake blame game I'm talking about howes players as well)? is it lack of talking/leadership on the pitch? or is it just lack of skill? or just that players are too comfortable at the club and they lose effort because of it?

but under howe, tindell, woodgate, Parker and now GON we have a number of indivual errors leading to goals and there have been from teams high on confidence and low on confidence so is it down to the players we recruited (before anyone jumps on the hughes/blake blame game I'm talking about howes players as well)? is it lack of talking/leadership on the pitch? or is it just lack of skill? or just that players are too comfortable at the club and they lose effort because of it?

In fairness every team gives away goals from individual errors, as we saw today.

;