The death of a traditional chant

JohnHold

First Team
For all of history, we have chanted "Boscombe back of the net" at corners. Part of our tradition.

But for the last season or so the drummer in the Ted Mac stand has been drumming something entirely different over the top of it - a kind of Native American war drum rhythm. So that today "back of the net" virtually died out.

Does the drummer post on here, or does anyone know him? If so why is this?

Didn't he drum along to away team song(s) towards the end of thr last season. West Ham?

Was he seen/heard after that? :D

For all of history, we have chanted "Boscombe back of the net" at corners. Part of our tradition.

But for the last season or so the drummer in the Ted Mac stand has been drumming something entirely different over the top of it - a kind of Native American war drum rhythm. So that today "back of the net" virtually died out.

That drum rhythm has been going on for decades.

That drum rhythm has been going on for decades.
What, pre-drum? I don't recall that. If so, it never interrupted / suppressed the 'Boscombe one.

Does anyone know the drummer, is there a reason - presumably hes NOT carrying out a policy from the owners? The link with the Boscombe name would be bad t lose

His reply is he has been doing BotN, and he certainly was yesterday. He just speeds it up the closer the corner gets to being taken.

Iirc some people used to smash the back of the old south stand boardings with that native American rythym in the 90s. Someone woukd usually do that red indian 'yeehehehehehe' war cry thing half way through :D.

Sure that was on corners to 'Boscombe, back of the net....' ???

What, pre-drum? I don't recall that. If so, it never interrupted / suppressed the 'Boscombe one.

Does anyone know the drummer, is there a reason - presumably hes NOT carrying out a policy from the owners? The link with the Boscombe name would be bad t lose

“Boscombe back of the net” appears on the big screen at corners.

Yes pre-drum. People would bang on the back of the stands. Often Boscombe botn would start then would be gradually taken over by the drumming/banging - it's happened for years.

What ever happened to "If I had the wings of a sparrow"

Or classics such as... Heart warming favourites, usually lead by the family stand.

'dig a hole and f***ing bury him'

'you're going home in a dorset ambulance'.

'you're going to get your f***ing head kicked in. you're going to get your f***ing head kicked in...'

'come join us, come join us, come join us over ere...

'Does your boyfriend know your here' - to brighton fans.

'Don't bend down when brighton are in town or you might get a willy up your ****************, UP YOUR ****************' (may have alternated with bum for a bit of variety).

'I can't read, I can't write, but that don;t really matter, because I'm a (insert west country club name) fan and I can drive a/my tractor'

'west country, w4nk, w4nk, w4nk. west country w4nk, w4nk, w4nk'.

'go to the pub, have 10 pints, get totally plastered. go back home, beat the wife, dirty/i'm a northern b4stard'

'look in the dustbin for something to eat, find a dead rat and you think its a treat. in your northern slums... in your northern slums'.

'Back to your sh1t hole, you're going back to your sh1t hole. Back to your sh11111thole, you're going back to your sh1t hole.'

'Give me a Beeee, (BEEEEEE), oooo (OOO).... all the way through spelling Bournemouth, ended with a nice touch of 'Who's going to beat this Northern sh1t'? BOURNEMOUTH (clap clap clap) BOURNEMOUTH (clap clap clap...) - always lead by @GARYafCb iirc?

'you're so sh1t its unbelievable...'

'sheep, sheep, sheep shaggers... sheep, sheep, sheep shaggers...'

'get your t1ts out, get your t1ts out, get your t1ts out for the lads'. when any woman who wasn't fat or ugly was spotted in the ground.

Heart warming favourites, usually lead by the family stand.

An of course Molly Malone and

'Sea, Sea, Sea siders... Sea, Sea, Sea siders...'

'We're from Bournemouth (we're from Bournemouth)... Sunny sunny Bournemouth (sunny sunny Bournemouth).

Last edited:
Best one heard on Saturday…
One Philip…, there’s only one Philip…., One Philip…., there’s only one Philip….

Closely followed by…
one name, he’s only got one name, he’s only got one name…

So it's The Drum to blame for apathy in the Ted Shed?

What is the reason that my BBOTN chants fall on deaf ears in the North then and much of the time don't get taken up?
Couple of times on Saturday corners were greeted with silence

Maybe everybody just hates the sound of my voice. :grinning:

;