The fighting pride of Bournemouth Chris Billam Smith

One pundit had him down by just one point others said down 3 or 4. I think the Pole gave it his all for 6 rounds and with the rib injury he was probably exhausted too. I didn’t see it on tv though only the radio

Ah start off the eighth was it? Fair enough. He won the last round, first round maybe even, the rest he lost in my view. But take the luck when it comes your way.

Yeah that's how I scored it. I don't think it was luck tbf. Shane McGuigan had spotted the issue and they concentrated on body shots to the rib. I think he would have won even if he didn't break the guy's rib.

Don't think it was luck. The Pole was Infront but tiring and CBS finished the 8th strongly. I think CBS had the stamina to go the distance, the Pole not so as he wore himself out. The body blows CBS landed paid off. The pride of Bournemouth deservedly so. Well done Chris
CBS finished the 7th (not 8th) strongly, but I agree with the rest

The atmosphere was really good and the Polish contributed to that. Masternack also has a huge following. CBS is a very slow starter, in all of his last 4 fights, he was down a few rounds early on. Last night he was getting hit far too often, but in the final round he turned the fight, he put Masternack on the backfoot with the jab and really hurt him, broke his heart as well as his ribs.
It was interesting listening to Shane Mcguigan afterwards, he said in Saturday's weigh in he noticed scar tissue around the ribs of Masternack & broken ribs never heal properly, so they targeted the weak spot.
In some ways it's a shame he retired in his corner because I thought CBS was about to take over and get the KO in 8 or 9, but it might make others think CBS is there for the taking.
Ben Whittaker stole the show last night. A good win for Lee Cutler too.
I saw Lewis Cook and Junior Stanislas and Harry Redknapp was there too.
I think it will be a stadium fight in June next, with possibly a "warm up" fight between then.

;