The fighting pride of Bournemouth Chris Billam Smith

BIC have advertised start time of 5pm for the evening (8 fights in total). Does anyone have an idea of when the first fight will actually be? Can't think it would be 5pm.
I'm going in as soon as the gates open. There is one of the best under cards I have seen on this show, a lot better than most pay per views.

Ticket prices vary. I think they are having a public workout at 4:30 PM on Thursday, at the beach near Harry Ranstoms. Public weigh on at 1PM Friday, same place.
Worth going down to show some support, it's free and the build up will be good

I'm going in as soon as the gates open. There is one of the best under cards I have seen on this show, a lot better than most pay per views.
I too want to see the whole undercard, but if the first fight doesn't start until e.g. 7pm then I don't want to be there at 5pm. Anyone know?

Pretty much a coward punch.
Pretty much a coward punch.
not a coward punch, that guy who got knocked out is a bully, he was harassing customers and members of the public, looking for a fight (with his hype men) for about 20 minutes. After trying to start a fight with a few security guards he encountered the wrong one. Francis has had complete support and no questioning from the police or venue for what he did. He also said (with integrity) it's the last thing he wanted to happen.

The open session at the beach was incredible. Billam-Smith was wearing the new away kit & sold the away shirt in a sense, I was probably going to get it anyway. There are some massive superstars of boxing at this event. It's one of the best undercards I have seen for years.
Today from about 12:30 there is the weigh-in. If you are down the town or down the beach have a walk to Harry Ranstomes and show some support for CBS.

Yes hyperactive bandana man was bouncing around like a backspun ping pong ball.

Completely unacceptable, I agree.

He then walks away, still being a prick.

Security guard then sucker punches him when he wasn't expecting it.

Security guards should diffuse situations, not knock people out with a blindside punch.

Getting hit like that is a cowards punch, plain and simple, as said security guard wasn't involved in the original fracas.

Not defending the instigator, but it WAS a coward punch from the security guard.

He showed no restraint whatsoever, but is now the hero.

Security guards should diffuse situations, not knock people out with a blindside punch.

Getting hit like that is a cowards punch, plain and simple, as said security guard wasn't involved in the original fracas.

Not defending the instigator, but it WAS a coward punch from the security guard.

At one point Bandana Man does say "I hope you have a heart attack you fat c***" to the security guard - and we don't know how long it had been going on before the filming started.

Hoping someone has a heart attack, isn't the same as knocking someone out with a sucker punch.

Cops WOULD have got involved if bandana man had hit his head on the concrete and died.

Coward punches can, and do kill.

Security guards should do better than that.

The punch came after he raised his hand having just swung at someone else... Probably not very sensible to raise your hands to a former boxer 5 times your size, as demonstrated.

The world would be a much better place if every dickhead that behaved like that guy got knocked out.

Not defending the little prick at all, but he was finger pointing. Didn't swing a punch at the security guard.

Knocking someone out when not in a controlled environment can have devastating consequences. People die, often.

An employed security guard should not dissolve the situation in the manner he did.

It's a fine line between ending the fracas, and ending a life. Luckily for the security guard, all it ended this time was the situation.

For those going to football as well tomorrow, just noticed that you will be refused admission if you are wearing a football shirt

I went again today. Daniel Dubois and Frazer Clarke just casually walking past on the beach. The sky sports team were inviting the public to play volleyball with them. There were quite a few Cherries fans wearing the Bournemouth kit. I think it has sold out now.

Not defending the little prick at all, but he was finger pointing. Didn't swing a punch at the security guard.

Knocking someone out when not in a controlled environment can have devastating consequences. People die, often.

An employed security guard should not dissolve the situation in the manner he did.

It's a fine line between ending the fracas, and ending a life. Luckily for the security guard, all it ended this time was the situation.

Yeah I agree. Whether the other person desrved it or not, from a legal stance in this era amazed security guard simply got let off with nothing... or anyone would I'm similar position (at least in the west). Knocking someone clean out like that from no where. Seemed over the top/beyond necessary or justifiable force required imo, but who knows what happened before though.

Very fortunate the 'victim" didnt hit his head land awkwardly/ on the concrete. Punch knocked him out cold.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree. Whether the other person desrved it or not, from a legal stance in this era amazed security guard simply got let off with nothing... or anyone would I'm similar position (at least in the west). Knocking someone clean out like that from no where. Seemed over the top/beyond necessary or justifiable force required imo, but who knows what happened before though.

Very fortunate the 'victim" didnt hit his head land awkwardly/ on the concrete. Punch knocked him out cold.

Had the same experience with a drug addled ex boyfriend of my current partner..... it went on for months whereby he would threaten, turn up at the property..........went on without incident for 6 months.

Finally we ended up having a fight.

I knocked him out in battle, and he dropped to the floor, lifeless.

I thought I had killed him.

He was lifeless on the floor.

Its a very fine line.

;