The message from Vital Admin at the top of the page

If I turn it off, I find this site unusable on my I phone. If I have to self isolate I can access it on my laptop and will happily switch it off.

They never could control their ads. If I didnt have ad block I would have jumped ship years back.

How does it work? Do they want us to click some ads

Blimey I forgot how horrible the site is with ads and about 40% page width. Obtrusive ads have been a problem for years, they need to be sorted before I turn it off. Look at NSC for how to do provide ads where people won't use AdBlockers.

They never could control their ads. If I didnt have ad block I would have jumped ship years back.

How does it work? Do they want us to click some ads

I haven’t seen the statistics for the ads. But id imagine if no one had an ad blocker switched on Vital would be able to operate with fewer ads.

That’s always been their aim, operate with the least intrusive ads available at a cost that runs the business. Any ads that people don’t like, they don’t like and wouldn’t want but are selected out of necessity (excusing the ones that come through from rogue ad agencies from time to time which get shut down as quickly as possible).

My understanding is advertising revenue got hit hard years back and never really recovered, hence the need for lesser favourable ads.

It’s always been a balancing act for them and a decision that will please no one unless there were no ads at all.

As for clicking the ads. I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt.

I haven’t seen the statistics for the ads. But id imagine if no one had an ad blocker switched on Vital would be able to operate with fewer ads.

It is exactly that.

The industry never really fully picked up since the last recession, and so unfortunately it is a chicken and egg. We always liked 'less is more' but the whole industry has been chasing the money to be ok and so it is more is more, you only have to look at the paper sites to realise that even the big boys have struggled (not that anyone feels sorry for them, but would we really like to lose all these? Doubt it)

But then you get the situation, the more adverts, the more use adblockers, and then the more adverts are needed for everyone else!

Hope all of you are staying well, that is the main thing.

Welcome to the club -always had the ads. Play 'chase the link around the screen'

Ads for Scummers shirts though? Really.

;