The Never Ending Jukebox, track two.

Ashokan Farewell - Jay Ungar - really beautiful music. Played during the PBS miniseries of the American Civil War directed by Ken Burns which for me was brilliant.

One of my favourite new(-ish) bands. Frst album was great and they've all been playig on other half decent bands beforehand. Proggy, metally goodness, this new single supposedly get's an exclusive first play on the radio tonight. Must be nice to have friends on high places

Went to a Tower of Power tribute night on Sunday at of all places Hamworthy Club . We all thought we might be going to a Motown night.
Been thinking about putting these guys up for a while, finally getting around to it. "Nerd-rock"

Brilliant night. Members of Bournemouth Jazz orchestra plus some serious good vocals and rhythm section. May be just a one off as it was the dream of the trumpeter to put this together but think they may be persuaded to do a few more gigs.

ToP getting some serious play now on Amazon

Got into a bit of a radio thing today.

Played Eponymous by REM

That led to Warren

Which for no known reason, other than radio led me to it, last but by no means least.

Elvis

Made my way to New York's famous Beacon Theatre on Wednesday night to see the final show of Little Steven's tour. Opening act was Peter Wolf, who fronted the J. Geils Band. Wolf joined Little Steve on stage for this J. Geils classic. Quality is a bit weak, but amazing to see these guys, 73 and 68 years, rocking the stage. A great three hours. Then you get to walk around NYC at midnight. Outstanding.

While I was waiting to enter the Beacon, I started to talking to a gent about music, and then asked him to take a photo of me in front of the venue. Told him I had come down from Toronto to see the show. He said "that's good that you come all this way to see Steven".

I asked him if he was going in, and he said, sotto voce, "he's a friend of mine. I'm Eddie Brigati". I was (as you guys say) gobsmacked. Eddie of the Rascals, one of America's biggest bands at the time when most of our music was coming from your shores. A very nice man, we talked for about 15 minutes about the influence that the Rascals music had in my university days, and how he was connected with Little Steven. Great start to an exceptional evening.

Eddie Brigati S.jpg

While I was waiting to enter the Beacon, I started to talking to a gent about music, and then asked him to take a photo of me in front of the venue. Told him I had come down from Toronto to see the show. He said "that's good that you come all this way to see Steven".

I asked him if he was going in, and he said, sotto voce, "he's a friend of mine. I'm Eddie Brigati". I was (as you guys say) gobsmacked. Eddie of the Rascals, one of America's biggest bands at the time when most of our music was coming from your shores. A very nice man, we talked for about 15 minutes about the influence that the Rascals music had in my university days, and how he was connected with Little Steven. Great start to an exceptional evening.

View attachment 2380
What team does he support?

;