The Never Ending Jukebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaahh, so much to choose from, but I can’t leave this out, great band, great song, greatest vocalist in rock music going balls out, the stars seemed to align that night. It’s so good I’m prepared to sit through a couple of seconds of Chris Evans

Nowhere near the same levels of energy but Dave Hause owning a room and covering a great song

And as all punks get old eventually (though not as old as you lot) here’s Lucero, kinda grew up listening the these guys the last 20 years. They’re always touring, always diy and Ben’s songwriting can be savage

Think mine will most come from right field ;-)

Mind, they make me happy.
There's a new documentary on Skynyrd "If I leave here tomorrow". Real Americana, and also so tragic. Not only the plane crash, but many other talented band members gone too early. Van Zant could be a scary s.o.b., but surprisingly (from the Southern upbringing) hated guns.

With today's sad news about the BBC presenter Rachael Bland, just to dedicate this song to her but to all those affected by that horrible disease.
{
}

The Fabulous Thunderbirds - first saw them as a backing group in Bournemouth in about 1980. Kim Wilson and Jimmie Vaughan (Stevie Ray's younger brother). Happy days
{
}

Bournemouth's finest* and suitable for all old farts who liked the days of prog rock... or <prentious mode on> good for young uns who might want to find out how atmospheric and uplifting music can be </prentious mode off>.

* AFCB is clearly Bournemouth's finest - but this band is the greatest unknown Bournemouth based musical creation.

I give you Big Big Train...

Last edited:
Something with a bit of an edge... from the USA's iconic 70s band - Television.

Last edited:
How about something a bit more mellow... British and jazzy (and from 2018)? This lot are from Norwich and create beautiful music - Mammal Hands.

Last edited:
Something funky to finish my five... the sublime 'One Nation Under A Groove' by Funkadelic.

The video quality isn't great on this one - but you need to see Funkadelic to appreciate the whole thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

;