The Newcastle Takeover

David Ornstein now further updating and whilst some fans were worried by no news / confirmation on Friday, the man from The Athletic saying that Eddie Howe is now expected to sign his contract and become Newcastle United manager today (Saturday 6 November).

Ornstein saying that his information is that Eddie Howe will then attend the match at Brighton, which has a 5.30pm kick-off and of course isn’t far from Howe’s (current!) home on the south coast.

As also reported elsewhere, the latest update from The Athletic states that Eddie Howe has agreed a two and half year contract with the new Newcastle United owners, whilst Howe’s former assistants Jason Tindall, Stephen Purches and Simon Weatherstone are set to once again be his backroom team, as they were at Bournemouth. Graeme Jones also continuing for the foreseeable, though in what role remains to be seen.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/11/ne...n-very-final-stages-update-from-the-athletic/

Bad news for us where ever Eddie goes, I never thought that he would go up North to Newcastle, his family wouldn't like the cold up there and too far away from home and, as I understand it, that's why he didn't like it at Burnley. I was expecting him to take the Southampton job and, as SP says, we certainly need to get our young lads signed up on decent contracts and quickly.
I can remember when John Bond decimated our team when he went to Norwich and took our best players with him! ....that must have been a year or two ago!

I'm not saying that Jason Tindall isn't capable of independent thinking. But based on his interview performances last year, I would question the quality of his thinking, and his ability to articulate a cogent argument.

Interesting on the Tommy elphick podcast that he said (without any prompting) how good Tindall’s coaching is - very underrated.

No doubt managent partnerships are just that - a combination of different strengths with a common core. Sounds like Tindall was clearly the positive upbeat one and Eddie more critical

Unlike our ever so eloquent current manager you mean?
Parker v Tindall is like Stephen Fry v Gazza when it comes to eloquence.

Don’t confuse accent with eloquence. People used to think i was criticising Tindalls accent, I wasn’t, nothing wrong with it. It was the cliche ridden repetitive drivel and lack of any thought or analysis. Parker is different gravy but no Eddie I agree when it comes to interviews.

Interviews have no importance whatsoever..or relevance..its just feeding sh*t into the media.
What matters is what they talk to the players about on the training ground and in the dressing room...that and that alone ! End of.

Parker v Tindall is like Stephen Fry v Gazza when it comes to eloquence.

Don’t confuse accent with eloquence. People used to think i was criticising Tindalls accent, I wasn’t, nothing wrong with it. It was the cliche ridden repetitive drivel and lack of any thought or analysis. Parker is different gravy but no Eddie I agree when it comes to interviews.
Don't see the difference personally....I find Parker's interviews full of cliche ridden repetitive drivel tbf.....his use of words that have absolutely no place in a particular sentence is actually quite annoying.

A few reports stating that the Eddie to Newcastle deal is close to collapse!....seems to be coming from the daily mirror so it could be carp.

Don't see the difference personally....I find Parker's interviews full of cliche ridden repetitive drivel tbf.....his use of words that have absolutely no place in a particular sentence is actually quite annoying.
I think you will be alone in that view. At least you can console yourself with coming to terms with the fact Parker is a far superior manager.

If this deal falls through, I would think it will not do Eddie any favours for future employment. Had the chance to go to two big clubs and both deals have collapsed at the 11th hour.

Reactions: drd

;