The Newcastle Takeover

Newcastle under the Saudis is a terrible match for the squeaky clean Howe. They are destined to be the most disliked club in the country and they have a shockingly poor squad, destined for relegation. Fans will turn on him. He will hate it.

All too much for Howe to handle. He'll be gone before the start of next season.
But Newcastle under Howe is a perfect match for the Saudis....

Lots of clubs are/were given "top six budgets", its what they do with it that counts.
Of course. But acting as though it is some kind of incredible achievement that will never be rivalled isn’t accurate. In fact, the achievement of Blackpool and Huddersfield in getting to the top flight passes us by a considerable margin.

Of course. But acting as though it is some kind of incredible achievement that will never be rivalled isn’t accurate. In fact, the achievement of Blackpool and Huddersfield in getting to the top flight passes us by a considerable margin.
Really? I don't know your age, but they were once very big clubs. This was our first ever move out of the mediocrity of the lower leagues.

Probably unfair, but I'm getting an image of you at the end of the Bolton game, tutting and telling anyone who'll listen that it wasn't too bad but nothing special.

Really? I don't know your age, but they were once very big clubs. This was our first ever move out of the mediocrity of the lower leagues.

Probably unfair, but I'm getting an image of you at the end of the Bolton game, tutting and telling anyone who'll listen that it wasn't too bad but nothing special.
I'm getting an image of him thinking it was ok, but worrying because he hasn't done his history homework. :)

Blackpool: the basement to the top flight in ten years, and there for the season.

Huddersfield: the basement to the top flight in 14 years and staying there for two seasons

Yeah, that's real Hollywood stuff right there!

Can't see a problem for EH with Joe Shelvey or Joe Linton..neither are as big a name as Him.( Him as in God context)
They are not big stars...just run of the mill players...plus the fact EH is a switched on bloke and will have learned from all that happened from 2015 to 2020 at Boscombe.

Yes but we went from -17 in league 2 to Premier league in what 5 years, and 6 or 7 at least of league 1 squad were the core of championship and Premier league team, plus we survived 5 years in the Premier league. Blackpool & Huddersfield didn't do any of that

That game will stay in the memory for me, especially Mark Pugh’s goal and Matt Ritchie’s minutes later and just before half-time, we really knew then the dream was actually happening.

This guy's just trolling at this point. It's b*llocks for loads of reasons but none of these clubs did it all under one manager. "acting as though it's some kind of incredible achievement" lol, clueless.

I think they will love him as much as they loved Sir Bobby, Kev and Rafa.
He will also get a stadium of 50k fans roaring him on which is what he deserves. When he was here he was the only one who wanted better for this club and could see we have potential to be bigger with the catchment area and the success he built and I imagine it annoyed him that no one else took these ambitions seriously. I can think of plenty of teams who have bigger capacity than us but aren't bigger or have the potential or have ever been near getting to the PL.

Blackpool and Huddersfield didn't 'get to the top flight'. what's all that crap about....they bloody dropped from it...
..Huddersfield nailed three top league titles on the bounce ffs, (equivalent to PL ), 2 under Herbert Chapman.. a massive club....
...and Blackpool spent decades in the top flight, plus appearing in and winning a Cup Final...huge club!

Last edited:
Ok let me get this straight.
we get promoted with a top six budget.
blackpool with a bottom three budget and Huddersfield with a bottom five. (Reported at the time)
our achievement surpasses both of theirs because Hudds won the title three times in the 20s and Blackpool have a history of being in the top flight and an FA cup… really?! This is actually the common consensus on here?!
LOL
There are two things that influence performance, amount of finance available and the ability of the manager to get the best of what he had. Howe aced the second point but had a lot more financial support than the managers of the aforementioned clubs. To suggest that their achievement does not match ours because Stanley Mathew’s once played for Blackpool really shows a lack of understanding of the way the game works. Man City hardly had a prestigious history of winning league titles, I suppose their recent success is a miracle too?
What planet are you people living on? Howe a achievement to get us promoted was fantastic and unexpected, but the fact that we are not historically a big club does not make it a miracle lol

;