The silence

Ive just got back from Wetherspoons...the silence in their was not deafening.....quite a few saying they would have May as a War Leader...difficult to present an argument against that! I mean look at the Jelly behind her and in front of her! FFS!

Edit:
Sorry.....missed what I now think the thread is about!

Last edited:
I've said it before on this topic: These people are the same as Isis - Different cheeks of the same ****************. They want a global race war and we're all stuck in the middle. Isis will love this same as these right wing not jobs loved Manchester arena. Utter scum the lot of them.

I've said it before on this topic: These people are the same as Isis - Different cheeks of the same ****. They want a global race war and we're all stuck in the middle. Isis will love this same as these right wing not jobs loved Manchester arena. Utter scum the lot of them.

Agree 100%. whether you are far left, far right or just some group, the killing of innocent people is never the correct choice and all it does is play into their enemies hands whom ever that may be at the time. and the Media loves to prey on peoples misery and stir the pot even more throwing people into a frenzy.

Very difficult to understand. Most terror groups have an agenda which does give some scope for dialogue and possible reconciliation ie IRA and the ANC. but surely neither of Islam or white supremacism can really believe they will prevail.
There doesn’t seem to be any world leader with the balls to take on the process either, they just seem to try, either deliberately or unknowingly to provoke. Very sad and a blot on humanity.

I think Stan was referring to the lack of comment on this terrorist attack, contrasting the reaction on here to a Muslim extremist outrage and a white supremasist outrage.
They're both fecking sh*t.
Interesting perspective, I must admit, if that is indeed Stan's meaning. But it pains me to admit that this is the day that changed me permanently .....
images.jpg

I think Stan was referring to the lack of comment on this terrorist attack, contrasting the reaction on here to a Muslim extremist outrage and a white supremasist outrage.
They're both fecking sh*t.

I think it's distasteful for Stan to turn this into some sort of competition.:downer:

I think it's distasteful for Stan to turn this into some sort of competition.:downer:

I agree , terrible that the first post is some kind of vitals gotcha . Absolutely no class .

My thoughts are the more local it is the more it’s felt, and the more emotive it is , shame that’s the way it is but it’s a fact something that happens in London will bring on more emotions than an event in New Zealand or a shooting in the US . In the next few months a Shia bomber will kill dozens of Sunni or visa versa ... it will barely make the British papers ,and we certainly won’t be having threads about it . That we care about something happening in New Zealand shows what a compassionate people we are .

That’s intriguing. How did you reach that conclusion?

It wasn't hard, you started a thread about a recent mass murder with a snide comment about how nobody else had started a thread yet.

Most on this thread inferred you intended to draw a comparison between different mass murders and comment on how you felt not enough grief was being expressed on this particular one.

If you cannot see that both kinds of terror are opposite sides of the same coin, forged in a capitalist inferno. Pitting the downtrodden against the ostracized while the rich and powerful calmly wash the blood from their hands. I pity you.

Unless we break the cycle the terror will never end. Peace love and unity brethren.

Or it’s humans just doing what we’ve always done ....terrorisms just a new word for it .

I agree , terrible that the first post is some kind of vitals gotcha . Absolutely no class .

My thoughts are the more local it is the more it’s felt, and the more emotive it is , shame that’s the way it is but it’s a fact something that happens in London will bring on more emotions than an event in New Zealand or a shooting in the US . In the next few months a Shia bomber will kill dozens of Sunni or visa versa ... it will barely make the British papers ,and we certainly won’t be having threads about it . That we care about something happening in New Zealand shows what a compassionate people we are .

Maybe right but New Zealand is closer than Paris in cultural terms. Personally I don't read much into the lack of thread on here about it as we're all jaded by the frequency of these atrocities but there's certainly a difference in the way these things are reported. Have people been demanding that an Australian bishop apologies for this guy's actions? Shouldn't all us white folk be publicly condemning this?

...every child born has no malice,hate,predjudice,ideology,..it all manifests itself through exposure to its parents,siblings and humanity’s ‘educational journey’...where it learns about religion,different races,the thrills of money and power...all humans are fallible and have destructive instincts...most have control and charge over their inner souls....some grow up in turmoil and get disconnected...these are the problematic potentially insane beings we have to share the world with...

Maybe right but New Zealand is closer than Paris in cultural terms. Personally I don't read much into the lack of thread on here about it as we're all jaded by the frequency of these atrocities but there's certainly a difference in the way these things are reported. Have people been demanding that an Australian bishop apologies for this guy's actions? Shouldn't all us white folk be publicly condemning this?

I meant local not just in a distance but in a cultural way . Minorities are always going to be looked at as a group .
I would imagine white minorities will be looked at just the same in say an African country
Anyway it’s all getting a bit analictical , it’s just f*cked up , shame the thread was started in such a petty way rather than something we could all just agree is sh*t....
As for all us white folk condemming this .... we are .

Last edited:
There is quite a state of shock over here, people felt like we were too far away for anything like this to happen. It feels like the fact it was a white supremacist attacking Muslims and not the other way around is irrelevant, it is something that shouldn't happen and that we're all New Zealanders here - regardless of whether you're an immigrant or not.
I was lucky enough to be working from home yesterday, 20kms North of Chch and so wasn't near what went on. Went into the city today and it felt pretty normal - which is a good thing I think, it didn't feel like people had been scared into staying at home.

;