The silence

The worry will be any start in reprisal and cyclical violence. I know it's a complicated island.

A lot depends on who claims responsibility.

From what I saw of Sri Lanka it was a gorgeous place inhabited by lovely people; but like Northern Ireland 20 years ago, there are still some complete nut jobs determined to undermine things.

The escalation of violence Worldwide is likely to get worse while Putin and Trump are in their positions as Leaders. India and Pakistan will be a biggy at some point. The whole wolrld is on the edge of something really bad I reckon!

I think you're right. There's not much any of us can do to stop these bastards murdering people and dragging us all into their ****************.

...terrible events in Sri Lanka, a truly beautiful country with so many absolutely lovely people....you can keep the Notre Dame outpouring of grief...many innocents were murdered today as they went about their daily business and worship.....why oh why is there so much hatred on this planet?

When I’ve been to Sri Lanka it’s always felt very laid back but I’m aware there are simmering tensions beneath the surface.

The political and religious situation is a lot more complex than many of the fake news outlets will try to portray. A tragic blow for a nation which had appeared to have resolved past differences.

Not sure what Trump and Putin have done to get the blame on this . I guess it’s better than pointing the finger at the obvious suspects ....the silence is deafening though .

Doesn't this post make you exactly as hypocritical as Stan?

No because its fair to show by comparison with today what a petty comment it is to make that’s my point ...it was so obvious a couple of months ago that this would happen . You could honestly set your watch by it , not to mention the many other bombing that have gone on virtually unreported ...

No because its fair to show by comparison with today what a petty comment it is to make that’s my point ...it was so obvious a couple of months ago that this would happen . You could honestly set your watch by it , not to mention the many other bombing that have gone on virtually unreported ...

Well I don't disagree with you about his post being petty - stupid to start playing political games about people being murdered.

Well I don't disagree with you about his post being petty - stupid to start playing political games about people being murdered.

Right but it’s a silly football message board so anything we say is both petty and trivial in the context of world affairs .

Just like we’ll all say “thoughts and prayers “and all that stuff but nothings going to change ....f*cking humans .

Right but it’s a silly football message board so anything we say is both petty and trivial in the context of world affairs .

Just like we’ll all say “thoughts and prayers “and all that stuff but nothings going to change ....f*cking humans .

Well tbf with all the hate in the world our petty message board squabbles are actually quite refreshing in a way.

;