The statement we’ve all been waiting for

Reminder of BBC article:

Bournemouth, with the smallest ground capacity in the Premier League of just 11,450 had a turnover of almost £136.5m in 2016-17, with £5.2m from tickets. That is less than 4p in every £1 of its income for the season.

The stadium isn't that important from a business point of view.

Essentially we have to wait until Real Madrid bid £100 million for David Brooks until we can afford to both pay Max back on his loans and also build a new stadium!

Anyone got the figures on the lease?

I thought it was something like 400k a year rising by 5% each year?

Was a light hearted comment ffs. But if you want to be serious the reason we won't go down is because EH has been allowed to invest consistently and heavily in the team. The owners clearly have a financial choice at this present time, they have chosen the playing staff. Not much any of us can do about it.
Apologies if that was your intention! yes, that's what I said earlier a miss-management of money. Only at our club would that happen! and your right, there's not a lot we can do about it

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn’t disagree more
So you don't agree 10m of that should of been spent on the training facility and increasing the present ground capacity, if as they keep saying we are a progressive club? We'd have stayed up anyway

As I mentioned before, we have heard Jeff Mostyn speaking on Solent before, especially when we won the Championship title etc.

Now I think on top of the statement, it would be good as chairman of our club he came on the radio again or even by COWS own video and explain the reasons why.

When the stadium expansion was stopped we did get feed back, so why not now, even if it is possible bad news, our fans have been used to that over the years.
I’m no defender of Mostyn but why do you think he should come out and explain the reason when the shareholders and directors have already explained the reason by way of their statement?

So you don't agree 10m of that should of been spent on the training facility and increasing the present ground capacity, if as they keep saying we are a progressive club? We'd have stayed up anyway

I disagree that paying good wages to a proven PL goslscorer we got for free is mismanagement of funds.

I disagree that buying the defensive midfielder we’ve all said we needed, who also happens to be an international good enough to play for his country in the World Cup, is mismanagement of funds.

I’m no defender of Mostyn but why do you think he should come out and explain the reason when the shareholders and directors have already explained the reason by way of their statement?

For once it would be nice to see a human face and voice speak to the fans from the club.

We had it when we won promotion, seen on TV, radio and the press then.

I wasn’t absolutely sure in that statement that the training ground had been postponed, just the stadium.

Only made clear in press conference and interview by Kris with Eddie that it was. Then later by the Echo.

I’d rather have our current team, with annual improvements (which will cost a few bob), than a new stadium.
I agree, if we can’t have both, which appears to be the case at the moment. Today’s game was so enjoyable, I never imagined we could have a team like this. That’s why I can embrace the tinpot off-field. Let’s view our cute stadium as our USP. Let’s be the underdogs punching above our weight. If we keep doing this, investors for the stadium will follow, I’m sure. Want the training centre built though, that will be a tangible benefit to our brilliant team.

I’d rather have our current team, with annual improvements (which will cost a few bob), than a new stadium.
But the majority on this site have season tickets including my family and I, what about the potential supporters that are missing out on this? And they said we were getting a new stadium, not me, I would of been quite happy with an increase in capacity.

Would be interested to him explain how such supposedly savey people were able to come up with a plan that even morons on this site like me could tell you would never happen?

I agree, if we can’t have both, which appears to be the case at the moment. Today’s game was so enjoyable, I never imagined we could have a team like this. That’s why I can embrace the tinpot off-field. Let’s view our cute stadium as our USP. Let’s be the underdogs punching above our weight. If we keep doing this, investors for the stadium will follow, I’m sure. Want the training centre built though, that will be a tangible benefit to our brilliant team.
I refer you to my previous comment from tednphil's post

Last edited by a moderator:
The original announcement was a massive PR mistake because they were already promising too much. Much better to keep expectations lower and deliver more. The whole thing is just another example of the off-field side failing to keep up with the on-field side. Off-field we are still a bunch of amateurs unfortunately and our PR department ( if we have such a thing ) needs shooting. All of this could have been avoided but maybe they got carried away by the emotion of our sudden success when they started getting us all excited about a new stadium. It is what it is but there is definitely room and the need for improvement.

Loving our boys though !!! They deserve the new training centre asap.

But the majority on this site have season tickets including my family and I, what about the potential supporters that are missing out on this? And they said we were getting a new stadium, not me, I would of been quite happy with an increase in capacity.
firstly, how do you know that 'the majority on this site have season tickets'? i don't, none of my family do, none of my mates do & none of my fellow afcb fans at work do yet they all go on this site! we all have various points home & away as it happens but are also all entitled to our differing views, season ticket holders or not, & may or may not agree with your views either way.

the general feeling amongst afcb fans i know is yes, we'd love a new ground BUT we'd prefer to be in the prem now we've got here, so paying players to keep us in it makes so much sense & any profit can be chipping away at the rather large debt. it also raises our worldwide profile week by week & that may be extremely important if max decides to sell. it does appear that he may be cutting back on his other business committments at the moment, perhaps even for health or retirement reasons, who knows, but whoever owns the club it would be essential to clear the debt as & when it can be. if we build a new stadium now, THE OWNERS risk financial devastation (its their money remember) should we be relegated in the near future BUT i fully agree we should be keeping eddie as happy as we possibly can as i think he is key to the future of our club.

finally, bmth poole & xchurch councils are merging into one authority in around 6 months so it could well be significant in the clubs future expansion or 'new stadium build' plans. what chance we end up moving to canford where training centre & stadium are all in one site? the board are not daft, they will have a plan A, plan B & a plan C & will impliment the correct one at the correct time.

But they haven't though have they? They released a statement. Unless I've missed it they left it to Eddie Howe to field questions, when its not really his job.

You really do wonder what some (well, one of them) of these people do. They should be fronting up their decisions, rather than hiding behind the manager.

But they haven't though have they? They released a statement. Unless I've missed it they left it to Eddie Howe to field questions, when its not really his job.

You really do wonder what some (well, one of them) of these people do. They should be fronting up their decisions, rather than hiding behind the manager.
They thought we'd take it better if Eddie did the responding

firstly, how do you know that 'the majority on this site have season tickets'? i don't, none of my family do, none of my mates do & none of my fellow afcb fans at work do yet they all go on this site! we all have various points home & away as it happens but are also all entitled to our differing views, season ticket holders or not, & may or may not agree with your views either way.

the general feeling amongst afcb fans i know is yes, we'd love a new ground BUT we'd prefer to be in the prem now we've got here, so paying players to keep us in it makes so much sense & any profit can be chipping away at the rather large debt. it also raises our worldwide profile week by week & that may be extremely important if max decides to sell. it does appear that he may be cutting back on his other business committments at the moment, perhaps even for health or retirement reasons, who knows, but whoever owns the club it would be essential to clear the debt as & when it can be. if we build a new stadium now, THE OWNERS risk financial devastation (its their money remember) should we be relegated in the near future BUT i fully agree we should be keeping eddie as happy as we possibly can as i think he is key to the future of our club.

finally, bmth poole & xchurch councils are merging into one authority in around 6 months so it could well be significant in the clubs future expansion or 'new stadium build' plans. what chance we end up moving to canford where training centre & stadium are all in one site? the board are not daft, they will have a plan A, plan B & a plan C & will impliment the correct one at the correct time.
I think most people on here get to go to games some how.
But it would be an insignificant amount of money, compared to the 500m that we get or are going to get from tv money in future that would increase the present capacity and at least start the training facility. Very short sighted of the owners imo, especially if we're going to lose our best asset soon. I never expected a new stadium until the board suggested it.

;