The view from over there v Bristol City

kirsikka

UTC Legend
I've seen a few of these on other forums of late so thought I'd give it a whirl. Selected comments from their match thread today:

----

Is today the day?

----

One thing we can guarantee is hard work and commitment, at long last! Hopefully today we can add that bit of quality at the right times…

You never know.

----

B'muff looking a yard quicker than us in the general play

----

0-1, been coming

----

Been poor. We are so bad going forward at home against any team that is well organised. Fulham we created chances because they take so many chances and play expansive football even when winning.

----

Bloody sick to the back teeth of bloody Fulham, West Brom, and Bournemouth, hate them all.

----

We look like we're playing in wellies against a team gliding at will.

----

0-2

----

First half in a four points:

1 Absolute sickener for Joe Williams

2 We’ve been given a footballing lesson, we’ve hardly had the ball and when we do get it we give it away immediately

3 Fortunate we are only two down

4 Illustrates just how far away we are from a top Championship team

----

Outclassed. This. Is. Painful

----

This would be about 6 or 7 if they could shoot

----

As poor a performance as I’ve seen this season so far. But got to give credit to Bournemouths game plan. Solanke, though is **************** enough to be playing for us, if he could finish we’d be 5 down by now….

----

Down to 10 loverly

No way King is a 90 min Champ player

----

I genuinely think that parachute payments are slowly killing the competitiveness of the championship, this lot could buy anyone in the league and still have change, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s not a Prem 2 in the next 5 years…

----

This could literally not have got much worse

----

Great goal line clearance from Dasilva

----

Have we made a tackle yet?

----

This is as bad as anything in the last 3 seasons. No passion, no commitment, no desire. Not good enough by a long way.

----

all over, lucky to get away with only 0-2 tbh

----

Thank gawd that's over.

Well played Bournemouth, I'll be very surprised if they aren't a Prem side next season.

----

Brett Pitman you tosser.

----

Reading this thread, makes me think Samaratans will be busy tonight!!

----

Was the game plan really to sit off Bournemouth and let them take the piss. Really should have been 6 or 7 nil.

----

My first game in 19 months and goodness me, that was pathetic. Only thing worth going for was to watch Bournemouth. So disheartening to see what was a tinpot outfit down the road play better than I've ever seen my team play in 39 years of watching.

----

Also, prize for the funniest post goes to:

bristol-city.jpg

That would be a fan of Bristol City, who have been bankrolled as a hobby of their owner Steve Lansdown for about 20 years now. For example, this summer he converted £14m of debt to shares worth £1 and last summer did the same with £71m of debt. The problem being, those time he did spend on the team they screwed it up.

Thread in full if you're interested:
https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/214235-afc-bournemouth-at-home-match-day-thread/page/14/

Was thinking how depressing it would be being fans of team like Bristol City, who have aspirations of playoffs, getting a lesson like we saw today.

Would demonstrate how far off the best teams you are.

Bristol city don’t have as good a squad as we do for sure, but I’d be fuming if I was a City fan tonight. They just rolled over and let us completely take the piss, I can rarely remember witnessing such a lack of fight and belief from an opposition side as what I saw today. We aren’t that much better than them that they weren’t capable of grinding out a result if they were willing to work for it, but they accepted defeat before the whistle was even blown. It was comical at times how dominant we were and to be honest we spent spells of the game in second gear, they still didn’t get close to us. We were very good but it was embarrassing from them.

Bristol city don’t have as good a squad as we do for sure, but I’d be fuming if I was a City fan tonight. They just rolled over and let us completely take the piss, I can rarely remember witnessing such a lack of fight and belief from an opposition side as what I saw today. We aren’t that much better than them that they weren’t capable of grinding out a result if they were willing to work for it, but they accepted defeat before the whistle was even blown. It was comical at times how dominant we were and to be honest we spent spells of the game in second gear, they still didn’t get close to us. We were very good but it was embarrassing from them.
But do you not think it was a little bit down to we didn't let them play ?

But do you not think it was a little bit down to we didn't let them play ?
I think there was certainly an element of that. But I’m referring to their lack of fight and desire. When we were in possession, they made it nowhere near difficult enough for us. They let us knock it about at will around there own penalty area without much opposition.

Geez Waz ........ exchange all the "they" for "we" and all the "we/us" for "them" and this would read like some of your earlier posts about the Cherries ....... ;)

I think there was certainly an element of that. But I’m referring to their lack of fight and desire. When we were in possession, they made it nowhere near difficult enough for us. They let us knock it about at will around there own penalty area without much opposition.
Was it the most one sided game you've ever seen?

Looked like a team short on confidence - not surprising given their awful home run and the quality of our play.
Yes, and this is exactly the type of opportunity that might have slipped through our fingers in the past two seasons. If there is a criticism of us today, and it is not really a criticism, more of an observation, we still need that real killer instinct to score 4 or 5 and truly trod on them.

Coming out of the ground today one of the stewards said that we were the best team to have been there for years . To be honest we were so dominant it was embarrassing . Their crowd were so quiet our fans made it sound like a home game.
Great result should have been 5 or 6 but performance wise a lot to be happy about . Gavin Kilkenny my MOM

Yes, and this is exactly the type of opportunity that might have slipped through our fingers in the past two seasons. If there is a criticism of us today, and it is not really a criticism, more of an observation, we still need that real killer instinct to score 4 or 5 and truly trod on them.

agreed and we still were on the front foot for a lot of second half rather than sitting deep as in some games

Agree with Kilkenny being man of the match. Can't believe a young lad with his limited experience looks after the ball so well.

Radio Bristol very truthful after game.

Very complimentary.

Best one was we need to make Ashton Gate a fortress at the moment its a wet cardboard box :)

heard the Pearson interview as we were sat in traffic
he cheerfully accepted we were miles better them them, no wonder his players put in such an abject performance

Does anyone think that the parachute payments are distorting the Championship? I think it’s a fair point. Still loving it though!

;